Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • Anon
    • By Anon 2nd Nov 10, 9:08 PM
    • 13,741 Posts
    • 152,310 Thanks
    Anon
    • 2nd Nov 10, 9:08 PM
    • 2nd Nov 10, 9:08 PM
    Good to see this (hopefully a Christmas toy sale coming up ...?), but you can't help but suspect that this is another chance for them to effectively get a lot of their clubcard points back out of circulation. Looking at the changes in T&Cs you will see that as well as the advertised x3 rather than x4, there are a number of other changes in there including, for example, not re-issuing tokens if you mislay them or if they have expired (which they have done up to now).

Anon
    • scottishminnie
    • By scottishminnie 2nd Nov 10, 9:19 PM
    • 2,995 Posts
    • 58,029 Thanks
    scottishminnie
    • 2nd Nov 10, 9:19 PM
    • 2nd Nov 10, 9:19 PM
    I've only ever used them for Goldsmith's vouchers or straightforward reduction off food bill before however am I right in thinking on this particular scheme I could convert 50 of vouchers for 100 token which I could then use in store to buy/put towards a nice 19" LCD TV for my parents? I suspect I'm missing something obvious as it seems to good to be true.
    • jenster
    • By jenster 3rd Nov 10, 5:11 AM
    • 483 Posts
    • 759 Thanks
    jenster
    • 3rd Nov 10, 5:11 AM
    • 3rd Nov 10, 5:11 AM
    shame its not on pets this time but hay ho cant have everything
    • Crazyangel
    • By Crazyangel 3rd Nov 10, 9:42 PM
    • 1,449 Posts
    • 2,482 Thanks
    Crazyangel
    • 3rd Nov 10, 9:42 PM
    • 3rd Nov 10, 9:42 PM
    Yes I'm a bit disappointed they aren't going to apply it to pets too! I thought the previous offer was excellent for buying kitten food, so shame it won't be included this time around.

Wins : McCains garden games set, 2xTickets to Alton Towers, Links of London friendship bracelet, 2xIdeal Home Show tickets, McFly album CD, Virgin Balloon flight for 2 with a case of ScrumpyJack cider and 2 ltd edition jackets, Powerboat racing experience, 50 Virgin voucher, Aerobie Pro flying ring & Rice Krispie squares, Tesco baby pack
    • jenster
    • By jenster 5th Nov 10, 6:50 AM
    • 483 Posts
    • 759 Thanks
    jenster
    • 5th Nov 10, 6:50 AM
    • 5th Nov 10, 6:50 AM
    I've only ever used them for Goldsmith's vouchers or straightforward reduction off food bill before however am I right in thinking on this particular scheme I could convert 50 of vouchers for 100 token which I could then use in store to buy/put towards a nice 19" LCD TV for my parents? I suspect I'm missing something obvious as it seems to good to be true.
    Originally posted by scottishminnie
    no its true thats what the double up is for convert 10.00 get a 20.00 voucher BUT check that the item you want IE televison will be available on the scheme before u convert
  • busylady
    • 5th Nov 10, 1:39 PM
    • 5th Nov 10, 1:39 PM
    when the article says 'bedroom' does that include beds?
  • Ann1e
    • 5th Nov 10, 5:06 PM
    • 5th Nov 10, 5:06 PM
    shame its not on pets this time but hay ho cant have everything
    Originally posted by jenster
    http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/bigexchange.asp#exclusions

According to this page it does include pet food but even this page is quite vague and has taken me an age to find. Couldn't find anything about this scheme on the actual Clubcard site.

I suppose you just have to click on each hyperlink to find out exactly what you can get - or ask in store.

Tesco don't seem to make things easy - as far as I'm concerned anyhow, maybe I'm thick!!
    Ooh, I've gotta little star! What's that for then?!!
  • Ann1e
    • 5th Nov 10, 5:10 PM
    • 5th Nov 10, 5:10 PM
    when the article says 'bedroom' does that include beds?
    Originally posted by busylady

Beds seem to come under furniture - if you click on furniture on the above page beds come up! Come to think of it, I need a bed!!
  • Ann1e
    My brain hurts!

Do be careful getting these exchange vouchers as there are "exclusions". The hyperlinks on this page (again, sorry):

take you straight to the page selling ALL items but you need to look at the exclusions at the bottom of the page above, otherwise you may change up your vouchers and then find, for instance, that you cannot buy electric toothbrushes! I wish Tesco would be more straightforward!!

Exclusions from The Big Clubcard Voucher Exchange
    • Opticians

Excludes: NHS sight tests and optical purchases from other departments in store.
    • Baby & toddler

Excludes: 0-6 months infant formulae milk.
    • Toys

Excludes: Games consoles, software, adult toys, all bikes, arts and crafts, stationery and books.
    • Flowers, plants & gardening

Excludes: Camping.
    • Pet food & accessories

Excludes: Pet insurance.
    • Clothing

Excludes: Back to School embroidery service, luggage, sports bags.
    • Phones & accessories

Excludes: All pay monthly phones, all i-Phone4 handsets, home broadband, SIM packs, Top-up and all purchases by phone.
    • House, home & DIY

Excludes: White goods, electric toothbrushes.
  • Ann1e
    As far as I can see it is - too good to be true that is - see the page I've posted several times on here - I can't find anything to do with TVs at all!
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 5th Nov 10, 10:29 PM
    • 2,824 Posts
    • 2,109 Thanks
    no1catman
    As far as I can see it is - too good to be true that is - see the page I've posted several times on here - I can't find anything to do with TVs at all!
    Originally posted by Ann1e
    TVs weren't included last time, probably not this time - but when it becomes 'live' you can check on Tesco Direct and each item will show if it is available via 'Voucher Exchange'.
    • jenster
    • By jenster 6th Nov 10, 10:04 AM
    • 483 Posts
    • 759 Thanks
    jenster

According to this page it does include pet food but even this page is quite vague and has taken me an age to find. Couldn't find anything about this scheme on the actual Clubcard site.

I suppose you just have to click on each hyperlink to find out exactly what you can get - or ask in store.

Tesco don't seem to make things easy - as far as I'm concerned anyhow, maybe I'm thick!!
    annie ty for this if correct even 24tins of dog food 1/2 price is well worth stocking up on -
  • caithgal
    Are tvs included in the double up as i could really do with one for sons room?
    • RootedNomad
    • By RootedNomad 6th Nov 10, 2:19 PM
    • 3,513 Posts
    • 86,621 Thanks
    RootedNomad

Hi Ann1e

I think this link relates to the earlier double-up in the summer - the dates are mentioned at the top of the page. Tesco seems to have let very little slip about what actually will or won't be included this time around. As no1catman says, I think we will have to wait till Monday ....
  • karendb
    Good to see this (hopefully a Christmas toy sale coming up ...?), but you can't help but suspect that this is another chance for them to effectively get a lot of their clubcard points back out of circulation. Looking at the changes in T&Cs you will see that as well as the advertised x3 rather than x4, there are a number of other changes in there including, for example, not re-issuing tokens if you mislay them or if they have expired (which they have done up to now).

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks for pointing this out! I often exchange my rewards for tokens, just in case I need them for days out, restaurants etc. where they're not "buy in full" - knowing that Tesco will convert the vouchers back into points if I haven't used them by the end-by date.

It would help if they give a longer date actually but obviously I'm going to have to watch out for this now. Also, I have some rewards that I haven't been able to use so will have to write to Tesco quickly won't I?

Thanks again - Karen
    I would love to be lazy but can't find the time
    • 1jim
    • By 1jim 8th Nov 10, 8:22 AM
    • 2,588 Posts
    • 1,179 Thanks
    1jim
    Has anyone found this on the tesco site yet, cant see it?
    • cagsd
    • By cagsd 8th Nov 10, 9:15 AM
    • 6,389 Posts
    • 174,148 Thanks
    cagsd
    I've picked up a leaflet this morning, it definitely does include TVs sized 24" and under.
    • 1jim
    • By 1jim 8th Nov 10, 9:35 AM
    • 2,588 Posts
    • 1,179 Thanks
    1jim
    found it, online now in clubcard section
  • Lego-Krazy
    Just back from my local Tesco Extra now, and have picked up 2 LEGO City sets for the price of 1 using the Clubcard Exchange

Much better deal than the Sainsbury's 1/2 Price Toysale the other week (Tesco have a load of toys in-stock, so it shouldn't be pot luck/ 7a.m. trolley dashes), and Tesco have included lots of toys in the Exchange:

Construction Toys
    Games
    Girls' and Boys' Toys
    LEGO
    Outdoor Toys
    Pre-school Toys
    Vehicles
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,850Posts Today

7,943Users online

Martin's Twitter