Gifts for 20 people.Any ideas ?

I am retiring soon and would like to buy a small present for all
the help etc. I have been given by the ladies.They are all in their 60s
can only think of flowers if that the best option where to get so many bunches from ? Any other ideas?

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,281
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The supermarkets are getting pots of mini daffs and other bulbs in.They last longer than flowers and are cheaper and they can be planted in the garden afterwards.

When I left work I just gave them a box of biscuits,a box of tea bags and a jar of coffee.
     :
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    2 days ago local Morrison's had pots of mini daffodils reduced to 50 pence each. They would make a nice gift as first of all they were a couple of weeks (at least) away from flowering and then could be planted out.
    May not be available in all stores- or in the quantity you need
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,903
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Talk to a market stallholder who does these potted bulbs? They may be able to sort you a bulk order.
    Or you could buy the bulbs, the pots & a few metres of ribbon & plant 'em up yourself? More personal, but more effort. May save you a fair wad?

There are also bulk flatpack gift boxes on ebay, which you could fill with home baking? Many ways to say thankyou!
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    What's your budget per person? See where I'maiming for.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Looking to spend up to £10 per person
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    How about a plant, shrub or bush. Once cut flowers have died they have served their purpose with a plant at least they live longer and therefore you are remembered (thanked) longer.

Can you take them out for afternoon tea.

A bit cheesy, what about a photo shoot of them all rather like the class photos from school days
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Sephs
    Sephs Posts: 33 Forumite
    What about potted orchids? I bought one for my OH for our anniversary last year and it's still thriving now. The blooms dropped and sprouted again quite quickly.

It's lasted much longer than a bunch of flowers, and she admires (and talks to it!) it every day!
  • Coffee mug with your pic on it and a general thank you message to everyone. You can have it made online as there are several online sellers that does that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure