Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Neil 0303
    • By Neil 0303 18th Jan 18, 8:48 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Neil 0303
    Hard Footprint credit searches mistakenly left on my profile
    • 18th Jan 18, 8:48 PM
    Hard Footprint credit searches mistakenly left on my profile 18th Jan 18 at 8:48 PM
    Today a received a letter from Dollar UK stating that they had mistakenly left hard footprint searches on my credit profile. For this inconvenience they have offered me £75.
    I would like to know if this is legitimate (I don't want to hand my bank details over to anyone without being sure) and if so is £75 the going rate.
    Thanks in advance
Page 3
    • joesab
    • By joesab 2nd Mar 18, 11:30 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    joesab
    i got my 75 paid into my bank today! Had to phone them about it last week, they apologised for the delay but its in now! I wouldnt bother challenging it unless you know for certain it has adversely affected you
    • adindas
    • By adindas 2nd Mar 18, 2:05 PM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 2,200 Thanks
    adindas
    TSB left three footprints/ hardsearches on my file
    TSB left three footprints hard search on my credit file. One hard search is ok, but I do not remember I ever give them permission to do three credit searches?

One of my 0% on BT credit card got rejected recently, I believe this hard search might be contributing to it ??

Has anyone else got a similar case or read somewhere (apart from this thread) on this forum where people get compensated.

If so how much likely the compensation for the case like this?

Thanks
    • zx81
    • By zx81 2nd Mar 18, 2:16 PM
    • 17,227 Posts
    • 18,308 Thanks
    zx81

If so how much likely the compensation for the case like this?
    Originally posted by adindas
    It will be an amount that reflects your losses.
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 6th Mar 18, 10:09 AM
    • 234 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    MSE Callum
    Hello, MSE Callum here, would anyone who has received one of these letters be able to send it (with personal details removed if desired) to callum.mason [at] moneysavingexpert.com?
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    • societys child
    • By societys child 6th Mar 18, 11:59 AM
    • 5,219 Posts
    • 5,771 Thanks
    societys child
    Sorry my friend you are wrong. I have just received a letter today stating " they have considered my response and are proposing a revised offer of ...." I'm not going to give you the figure but its alot more than £75 . Clearly i didn't need a template after all....

Originally posted by houdini1976
    Nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard when I read this garbage.

. . . pants on fire

• adindas
    • By adindas 6th Mar 18, 12:17 PM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 2,200 Thanks
    adindas
    Sorry my friend you are wrong. I have just received a letter today stating " they have considered my response and are proposing a revised offer of ...." I'm not going to give you the figure but its alot more than £75 . Clearly i didn't need a template after all....

Nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard when I read this garbage.

. . . pants on fire
    Originally posted by societys child
    I have quite similar case explained in post #42.

I am currently making money from having a few 3% interest current accounts with them and would definitely like to keep these account for long term benefit.

If I try making complain from three hard searches on my credit file?

1. Would it endanger my 3% current A/C with them?
    2. What is likely the chance to get compensated?
    3. I think it would be worth if the compensation is high enough. Are we talking about £150+ compensation here ??

Thanks
    Last edited by adindas; 06-03-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Mar 18, 12:27 PM
    • 17,227 Posts
    • 18,308 Thanks
    zx81
    1) No
    2) Low
    3) £50 perhaps if they agree.
    • Sammilou18
    • By Sammilou18 16th Mar 18, 3:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sammilou18
    Dollar uk
    Hello,

This is difenantly legit because I had a letter a few weeks back and another one today, so I rang them up and the guy I spoke to on the phone said everything is legit and I'd you reply saying you want to £75 then when they receive the acceptance form, the £75 will be in your account within 10 working days.
    • Hib10
    • By Hib10 29th Apr 18, 10:38 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hib10
    Dollar compo
    Hi All
    I’ve also had one of these letters and called them regarding it to confirm it to be true. They asked me if I was happy with the amount and I chanced saying no, so they took some basic details of why I felt like this, which I more or less just replied too with that I felt unhappy with the level of professionalism.
    With this they’ve doubled my refund. I’m happy with the £150, however I’ve thought if theyre so willing to doubled it, are we all accepting a fee they’ve chosen and could all be entitled to more? I went to the citizens advice bearu and they couldn’t really help as it was unknown to them but will be doing some digging for me on it.
    Thoughts please people? Shall I take the money or take things further?

I understand what others have mentioned in the fact it would be hard to prove I was hindered by the heavy footprint, although I am definitely sure I applied for credit during the specified time frame so may of been. If anyone takes the money paperwork has to be singed to confirm no further action will be taken so there is no chance of further compo should things come to light, Surely these companies are in appropriately using our personal details?
    • Hib10
    • By Hib10 29th Apr 18, 10:41 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hib10
    Anyone get any further with higher claims
    • takman
    • By takman 30th Apr 18, 10:09 AM
    • 3,387 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    takman
    Have a day off. You sound like a bitter and twisted old man. I will post the letter when i have completed negotiating with them.
    Well it's been almost two months now since you posted this (and last logged on) so considering that you supposedly got a reply in only 3 days before it seems your "negotiations" went nowhere as i suspected.

Hi All
    I’ve also had one of these letters and called them regarding it to confirm it to be true. They asked me if I was happy with the amount and I chanced saying no, so they took some basic details of why I felt like this, which I more or less just replied too with that I felt unhappy with the level of professionalism.
    With this they’ve doubled my refund. I’m happy with the £150, however I’ve thought if theyre so willing to doubled it, are we all accepting a fee they’ve chosen and could all be entitled to more? I went to the citizens advice bearu and they couldn’t really help as it was unknown to them but will be doing some digging for me on it.
    Thoughts please people? Shall I take the money or take things further?

I understand what others have mentioned in the fact it would be hard to prove I was hindered by the heavy footprint, although I am definitely sure I applied for credit during the specified time frame so may of been. If anyone takes the money paperwork has to be singed to confirm no further action will be taken so there is no chance of further compo should things come to light, Surely these companies are in appropriately using our personal details?
    Originally posted by Hib10
    It's not a "refund" it's compensation for them mistakenly leaving a hard search on your credit files.

The first thing you need to do is check your credit reports at the three main credit reference agencies and make sure everything is correct.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 30th Apr 18, 10:11 AM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 733 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Why do you need cash compensation?

Were you financially hard-done by during this time?
    • Hib10
    • By Hib10 30th Apr 18, 1:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hib10
    I do not need cash compo so to speak but if it!!!8217;s being offered for their mistake then who am I to turn it down. Granted this wasn!!!8217;t a mistake I was aware of until they notified me, however in this day and age, although I don!!!8217;t totally agree with it we are a compo society. There for if mistakes have been made, and they are rectifying it with compo them great. The £75 was nice, I made a simple added compliant and now £150 is even better.

Now I do not have ££s in my eyes I just think if they are happy to give this money out without people even complaining then I feel they could possibly be held accountable for more?? I really don!!!8217;t know hense why I!!!8217;m askimg questions on here.

I have checked with 2 big companies re my credit report and all seems fine. I still have noodle left to do as this is the one I frequently use. So again if that!!!8217;s clear it!!!8217;ll be hard proving any wrong doing I know.
    This is why I!!!8217;m asking, should I even bother thinking about going further or take the money. Logically I!!!8217;m thomking take the money. I just though someone on here might be in the know and inform me we!!!8217;re on the edge of a big scandle where more can be claimed. Wouldn!!!8217;t want to miss that ship for £150.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,305Posts Today

7,916Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin