Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • renlitai
    • By renlitai 18th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    renlitai
    PCM UK LTD parking fine - What do i do now?
    • 18th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    PCM UK LTD parking fine - What do i do now? 18th Jan 18 at 2:29 PM
    Hi and thank you in advance for any help. I've read the newbies thread, and seem to have gotten myself and my situation stuck in the middle of your advice.

I received a postal PCN from this company, and initially planned to ignore it. However peer pressure from my mum meant I logged into their website and logged an appeal. Naturally, my appeal was rejected - but now they have my information and the current charge is 60, soon to rise to 100.

I saw that context isn't necessarily relevant, however I thought id just give a little. I work for the District Nursing Team, and have a council issued parking permit that allows me to park in all residential areas in the town. However, I was informed the company did not accept my permit, so i'm now assuming my permit only allows me to park in council issued parking restricted areas. I was parked in the areas for about 15-20mins visiting an unwell patient (not that they care in the slightest).

Please help me with what to do next? I really appreciate any advice.
    Many thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 38,011 Posts
    • 22,107 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 18th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    Follow the advice in the Newbies faq - you are in the debt collectors stage now (no point making ias appeal - it will be futile)

If you haven't told the ppc who was driving in your appeal then edit your post to remove details of who was driving
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 18th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 3,784 Posts
    • 6,229 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 18th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    Was this a private development you visited or social housing. Do you know who might have hired PCM.

Some contracts have a specific instruction to the parking companies not to ticket certain groups e.g nurses, postmen, milkmen etc so you may need to check with whoever hired PCM.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to RTFM - the Civil Procedure Rules
    2. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend- See #1
    3. Failing to RTFCL - the Court letters
    4. Template defences that say nothing - See #1
    5. Forgetting about the Witness Statement - See #3
    • renlitai
    • By renlitai 19th Jan 18, 10:41 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    renlitai
    • 19th Jan 18, 10:41 AM
    • 19th Jan 18, 10:41 AM
    I logged into their appeals part and put my information in, so although I didn't say I was driving specifically, I did say I had parked there to visit a patient. So I think they know it was me

It was also on a private development, So i believe it would have been the developers who hired them - ill find out and try to contact them. Edit - Cannot find any information online regarding who runs the management side of this development - still trying.

I've not yet received a letter for debt collectors, as I am still in the appeal window - I received a letter with a rejection for my appeal, so should I wait for the debt collector stage? Im very anxious they now have my information and I'm going to get taken to court!

Thank you
    Last edited by renlitai; 19-01-2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: extra information added
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 19th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    • 3,357 Posts
    • 5,158 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 19th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    • 19th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    I think you are getting your wires crossed, the council may be able to exempt you from parking fines in public places, but have no jurisdiction over private property, there must be an explanatory leaflet issued with your pass to this effect?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    • 20,669 Posts
    • 32,577 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 19th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    • 19th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    Keep plugging away at discovering who the landowner/MA are. They can be the keys to getting this cancelled.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 19th Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 38,011 Posts
    • 22,107 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 19th Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 19th Jan 18, 1:22 PM

I've not yet received a letter for debt collectors, as I am still in the appeal window - I received a letter with a rejection for my appeal, so should I wait for the debt collector stage? Im very anxious they now have my information and I'm going to get taken to court!

Thank you
    Originally posted by renlitai
    After appealing you can do no more than try to get the landowner to intervene and get it cancelled.

If the wording on your permit says "all residential areas" then take this up with your employer - maybe your union would assist.

Otherwise wait and see if they go for Court action and come back for advice on how to defend this at the time
    • renlitai
    • By renlitai 21st Jan 18, 3:07 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    renlitai
    • 21st Jan 18, 3:07 PM
    • 21st Jan 18, 3:07 PM
    I was originally under the impression the permit covered all areas, but now i know this isn't the case

So my POA is to try and get in touch with the land owner and go from there.

Ill be back in touch if it goes any further,

Thank you!
    • renlitai
    • By renlitai 14th Apr 18, 7:36 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    renlitai
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:36 PM
    Court action
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:36 PM
    Hi - me again,

I have just come back from holiday to find I have received a letter threatening court action, signed from Gladstone solicitors. I was advised to come back to the forum if this was to happen. Does anybody have any advice to what I should do now, please?

thanks, in advance.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Apr 18, 7:44 PM
    • 11,362 Posts
    • 11,889 Thanks
    KeithP
    Who does the letter say to pay?

Is it a Letter Before Claim?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Apr 18, 8:05 PM
    • 38,011 Posts
    • 22,107 Thanks
    Quentin
    If it is lbcca then see #2 in the Newbies FAQ thread for advice on how to deal with it

But if it's just a scary threat contained in a debt collecting attempt then you can ignore it.
    • renlitai
    • By renlitai 14th Apr 18, 8:14 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    renlitai
    It says
    " You have previously been written to requesting settlement of a parking charge. Due to the absence of payment or a valid appeal against the charge, our client has instructed us to recover the total amount due to them as shown above.
    As all other attempts have failed, our client may now instruct us to take legal action against you in the County Court."

It says to call the debt recovery company to pay the fine.

I've not worried about things like this in the past, it was the fact I sent them my information when I first got the fine that has me worried.

Im not sure what ibcca is but ill have a look on the newbie thread now.

Thank you
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Apr 18, 8:19 PM
    • 11,362 Posts
    • 11,889 Thanks
    KeithP
    Then it is a debt collector's letter.

Continue to follow the advice on how to deal with debt collector's letters given in post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ thread, and mentioned again by Quentin above.

Oh, and it is not a fine.

lbcca = Letter before county court action.
    Last edited by KeithP; 14-04-2018 at 8:25 PM.
    • renlitai
    • By renlitai 14th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    renlitai
    ok thank you for your advice. Ill have another look now. really appreciate the help - not what you need when writing your dissertation and studying for exams!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,472 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It says to call the debt recovery company to pay the fine.
    Don't do anything, LOL!
    • renlitai
    • By renlitai 14th Apr 18, 8:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    renlitai
    Im definitely not going to do anything.. I have persisted this long without paying despite the demands, and i don't intend on giving in now. I just wanted to figure out where to go from here. Since reading the Newbies post again, I will continue to do nothing

Thank you!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

594Posts Today

5,197Users online

Martin's Twitter