Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • javixeneize
    • By javixeneize 17th Jan 18, 6:25 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 0Thanks
    javixeneize
    Mattress comparison: Casper, Hyde and Sleep, Leesa, Ergoflex, Eve, Simba
    • 17th Jan 18, 6:25 PM
    Mattress comparison: Casper, Hyde and Sleep, Leesa, Ergoflex, Eve, Simba 17th Jan 18 at 6:25 PM
    Hi

I am about to buy a new mattress and i wold like to have a bit of feedback on which one would you recommend.

I am clear i want a memory foam mattress, medium-firm (the firmest the better), and both Casper, Hyde and Sleep, Eve, Leesa, Simba and Ergoflex look very good for me

Has anybody used any of those? Which one would you suggest?

Thanks
Page 1
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 17th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 1,495 Posts
    • 932 Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    • 17th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 17th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    Can't comment on any of the named ones but have had a Tempur for the last few years and would never buy anything else.
    • ic
    • By ic 17th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 1,325 Thanks
    ic
    • 17th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 17th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    I recently bought from johnryanbydesign.co.uk - delighted with the bed!
    * my posts are made in good faith and only represent my own opinion, experience or understanding of a situation.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 18th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 12,395 Posts
    • 11,624 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 18th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    I think someone started up a post/question on this a few months ago on the health and beauty board, and another on the shop but ..etc board, not a lot of people responded, I don't think many people have tried more than one, or any at all. I think tbh it's an individual thing, the only thing which is too early to tell is how well they last. That is going to be untested because none are old enough but as no one over the few years that have existed has said anything to the contrary, it's perhaps a good sign?
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 19th Jan 18, 9:40 AM
    • 2,542 Posts
    • 300 Thanks
    britishboy
    • 19th Jan 18, 9:40 AM
    • 19th Jan 18, 9:40 AM
    we bought a Simba superking/queeen size 6 months ago and we love it, worth every penny and e both now sleep really well on it, where we struggled on lots of other mattresses

Think Simba offer a 100 day trial too? google it
    • motherofstudents
    • By motherofstudents 19th Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    • 1,304 Posts
    • 1,650 Thanks
    motherofstudents
    • 19th Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    • 19th Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    I bought from John Ryan about a year ago and very pleased with the quality. Their website is extremely informative and well worth a look even if you don't buy from them. You can also ring and speak to them for advice.
    • benjus
    • By benjus 23rd Jan 18, 10:32 AM
    • 5,115 Posts
    • 3,150 Thanks
    benjus
    • 23rd Jan 18, 10:32 AM
    • 23rd Jan 18, 10:32 AM
    It's strange how all these mattresses have suddenly appeared that all:
    • Have quirky names
    • Are primarily sold direct with a long trial period
    • Are heavily advertised on social media

Are they all made by the same company or something? If not I wonder why they have all appeared at the same time.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
    • kellyp
    • By kellyp 23rd Jan 18, 2:57 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    kellyp
    • 23rd Jan 18, 2:57 PM
    • 23rd Jan 18, 2:57 PM
    Usually girls names too! Lol! Apparently there is a huge mark up in mattresses generally as they are very easy to make nowadays (stems back to when they were difficult to make and cost never dropped). Big market with lots of money to be made hence the current influx of new mattresses on the market. Not a bad thing as great competition and were all getting better nights sleep! Lol!
    • doningtonphil
    • By doningtonphil 24th Jan 18, 10:19 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    doningtonphil
    • 24th Jan 18, 10:19 PM
    • 24th Jan 18, 10:19 PM

Are they all made by the same company or something? If not I wonder why they have all appeared at the same time.
    Originally posted by benjus
    I read that one of them is made in a factory in Derbyshire, near Derby, another one i made at a factory in Castle Donington, near Derby (but in Leicestershire).

Hypnos beds have a factory in Castle Donington. Are they involved in any of these start-ups?

Are they made at the same place or just that Long Eaton and the surrounding area is a major upholstery manufacturing centre?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 6th Mar 18, 7:01 AM
    • 33,039 Posts
    • 38,606 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Several referral posts in this thread that I've reported
    Last edited by Browntoa; 07-03-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 6th Mar 18, 7:56 AM
    • 7,330 Posts
    • 3,788 Thanks
    buglawton
    Im in the market for mattresses too. Top of the list currently is IKEA own brand, was looking and testing their range in-store at the weekend. Even the basic Hovag looked good quality and you can see a cut-through display of the products.
    • tlj7
    • By tlj7 6th Mar 18, 10:08 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    tlj7
    We purchased a new memory foam mattress from Otty a couple of months ago. I looked at all the others and it came down to Eve or Otty as I was keen to trial it. We decided on Otty which is made in China whereas Eve is made in Uk. This was because delivery was far quicker and we got 2 free memory foam pillows. My husband and I are both really happy with our purchase finding it medium firm and not too hot. Just hope it lasts but for now we are sleeping better. Good luck on your hunt as it is mind boggling going through all the hype!
    • ashe
    • By ashe 6th Mar 18, 11:40 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    ashe
    you probably aren't allowed to share your 50 voucher codes on MSE as they are essentially affiliate sales where you benefit if the person uses it if I recall correctly

The best time to buy one of these mattresses is Black Friday in Nov. As a comparison, we were looking at a King-size Simba which I believe is 699 on their site. Argos eBay did them brand new on Black Friday for 530 - you cant use the 100 day guarantee though but my suggestion would be to buy it to try for the 100 days then by on black friday.

Think the reason a lot of these companies have sprung up is they're fairly easy to launch and have fairly similar characteristics i.e a mattress in a box, so lot of companies are getting in on the action to compete for market share.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 7th Mar 18, 10:55 AM
    • 7,040 Posts
    • 49,323 Thanks
    kerri gt
    We bought a Simba King Size at the end of last year and love it. OH had back pain a lot beforehand, thought it was our sofa or the way he sat at work - turns out it was our previous mattress.

We tried it out in JL (along with all the others they had there) and immediately thought 'yes that's the one' The 100 night free trial also gives peace of mind if you decide you don't like it.

They also removed our old mattress for free.

If you search under codes / vouchers I think there are some Simba codes there for 50 off.

(ashe wish I'd seen the eBay deal as we bought ours around BF time)

Personally I didn't like the Tempur as I fell like I'm sinking into it - though I believe there are different firmness ratings so perhaps that was a soft one, but I tried them when they first came out and felt the same - like it was going to suck me in.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• gagging_order
    • By gagging_order 9th Mar 18, 1:24 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gagging_order
    We have two Leesa mattresses, purchased around a year ago, and we love them. We paired them with a fairly cheap IKEA bed-frame. Decided to save on the frame and spend on the mattress. We don't regret it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,981Posts Today

8,201Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin