Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 16th Jan 18, 8:16 AM
    • 388Posts
    • 140Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Major shake-up of Tesco Clubcard rewards scheme
    • 16th Jan 18, 8:16 AM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Major shake-up of Tesco Clubcard rewards scheme 16th Jan 18 at 8:16 AM
    Tesco has revealed itís making major changes to the value of its Clubcard Rewards vouchers......
    Read the full story:
    'Major shake-up of Tesco Clubcard rewards scheme'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 3
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 28th Jan 18, 11:13 PM
    • 6,479 Posts
    • 7,011 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Has anyone had a book of Sainsbury's money off vouchers since the start of 2018?
    Originally posted by Norwooder
    Yes, two - one following on immediately from the other - following quite a large gap.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 29th Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    • 3,217 Posts
    • 8,791 Thanks
    Callie22
    Yes, two - one following on immediately from the other - following quite a large gap.
    Originally posted by p00hsticks
    None here. I had loads of Nectar points vouchers in the run up to Christmas but I don't think I've had a money off voucher since September-ish.
    • Norwooder
    • By Norwooder 29th Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Norwooder
    None here. I had loads of Nectar points vouchers in the run up to Christmas but I don't think I've had a money off voucher since September-ish.
    Going to give it a few more weeks, but if nothing comes through I will seriously consider switching to Tesco, for a time.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 29th Jan 18, 7:07 PM
    • 3,217 Posts
    • 8,791 Thanks
    Callie22
    Going to give it a few more weeks, but if nothing comes through I will seriously consider switching to Tesco, for a time.
    Originally posted by Norwooder
    I always thought that you tended to get more vouchers if you visited a supermarket less, but I've been using Sainsbury's less and less recently (my local one is awkward to get to) and getting fewer and fewer vouchers - there seems to be fewer till-spits too. I got quite a lot of pretty generous money off vouchers from Waitrose in the run up to Christmas after not using them for a while, but Sainsbury's seems to be a law unto itself since they fiddled about with the Nectar points.
    • redux
    • By redux 19th Mar 18, 3:47 PM
    • 18,638 Posts
    • 24,897 Thanks
    redux
    Is there any news yet on when MSE's victory will end, and the proposed increase from double to triple points on various offers can happen at last?
    • molerat
    • By molerat 19th Mar 18, 10:18 PM
    • 19,572 Posts
    • 13,768 Thanks
    molerat
    Makes little difference to me. Too many venues seem to have ditched / been ditched. The closest days out is now 150 miles. One restaurant at 40 miles, 4 restaurants 75 miles. Looks like I will be spending my vouchers in store, not impressed.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • petunia100
    • By petunia100 9th May 18, 1:35 PM
    • 497 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    petunia100
    After talking to Tesco at length, they have not allowed 4 x to continue until June the 10th for RAC. They changed it in January and have kept it at 3 x. I assumed they were delaying to 10th June on all partners. I am now down by £40 on this deal.
    • bodacious
    • By bodacious 9th May 18, 4:50 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 875 Thanks
    bodacious
    I stopped using Tesco, and consequently their clubcard scheme, some while ago.

This fiasco is just one more nail in Tesco's coffin I guess.
    • Twopints
    • By Twopints 9th May 18, 4:54 PM
    • 1,551 Posts
    • 2,327 Thanks
    Twopints
    I stopped using Tesco, and consequently their clubcard scheme, some while ago.

This fiasco is just one more nail in Tesco's coffin I guess.
    Originally posted by bodacious
    Yep, only £1.64bn of profit, an increase of 28%....

Tesco - another nail in the coffin
    Not even wrong
    • molerat
    • By molerat 9th May 18, 6:32 PM
    • 19,572 Posts
    • 13,768 Thanks
    molerat
    Just binned a £10 Days Out voucher as there was no way to use it.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • gropinginthedark
    • By gropinginthedark 17th May 18, 3:26 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    gropinginthedark
    Tesco disloyalty card
    I know the points expire but I've been somewhat distracted with a bit of cancer treatment over recent months. I came to look at my stash of clubcard vouchers today and found £14 worth were expired - that represents £1400 spend in their store - so they begrudge me even that miserable 1% incentive!

Loyalty is a two way street, where's Tesco's loyalty to its customers? Compare with Sainsbury (Nectar) which never expire... Or my free newspaper at Waitrose (despite their generally higher prices) is a more valuable incentive.

Anyway I now have a repeating Google calendar entry at the start of the expiry months to check and spend expiring vouchers so at least they're not going to catch me that way again - but doubtless they'll come up with more rip-offs like the recent "devaluation". Time to move on I think.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 19th May 18, 6:39 PM
    • 12,962 Posts
    • 10,032 Thanks
    fatbelly
    I usually find some new vouchers arrive about two weeks before some expire - this prompts me to check my stash and do something with them.

These days I rarely shop at Tesco and most of the vouchers come from my Clubcard credit card. I may well switch to a John Lewis card and wave goodbye to Tesco completely.
    • miller
    • By miller 23rd May 18, 2:25 PM
    • 1,259 Posts
    • 451 Thanks
    miller
    The original article and my understanding was all rewards would move to 3x value (which was postponed until 10 June 2018). My recent statement now says some will change. Does that imply some will remain at 2x?
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 23rd May 18, 7:30 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    gropinginthedark - do get in touch and see if they will reissue them based on your circumstances. My husband was never particularly good with vouchers and till spits so unsurprisingly he had a load that expired whilst he was serving in Afghanistan for 6 months. I contacted Clubcard for him and they reissued them for another year from memory.

I hope you are on the road to recovery.
    • Goldust
    • By Goldust 25th May 18, 8:23 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    Goldust
    I've got £28 worth of vouchers but I'm not sure rushing in is really worth it for me before all of the 4x offers go. Pizza Express seems rubbish as their prices are extortionate without a voucher anyway and the days out aren't really that appealing.

The Uber redemption seems of most interest but that isn't changing as it's already 3x and looks like it lasts forever.

I take it they don't do the boosts anymore for stuff off Tesco.com?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

191Posts Today

1,523Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin