Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Aggie
    Party Plan
    • 16th Oct 07, 11:48 PM
    Party Plan 16th Oct 07 at 11:48 PM
    I can't believe in a forum on upping your income, no-one has mentioned party plan organisations. I do 2 at the moment, the Body Shop at Home (like the Body Shop on the high-street, but direct selling in peoples homes) and Creative Memories (photoalbums and storage options, scrapbooking etc), but there are many companies out there. All pay commission on sales and give a discount for personal use.

You are effectively self-employed, so choose your hours and can easily fit around children or another job.

Its a great way to make extra cash, and in my case get a discount on products I would use anyway!

Last edited by Former MSE Natasha; 30-10-2007 at 7:04 PM.
Page 22
    • Robinette
    • By Robinette 10th Apr 13, 11:25 AM
    • 194 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Robinette
    can anyone tell me are stringfellows parties still going?
    Originally posted by jenhug
    No, the company behind Stringfellows Retail (Chainstone Ltd) was dissolved in 2009. The guy who fronted the company moved to Dubai, where he set up a programme teaching Mandarin to the local children.
  • Peter Pan
    online parties
    Has anyone tried holding an online party on facebook or elsewhere? Would love to hear your experiences and any tips or ideas you have please.

Debbie
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
  • lauz8726
    does anyone know if peggy and minnie are still going please?i have searched for them but can only find them on ebay :/

thank you in advance
  • gb12345
    Spam by MADDIELAW reported.
  • gb12345
    My post is not SPAM. The website for Tropic SPAMMERS is: www.tropicSPAMcare.com

IT IS A GENUINE PARTY PLAN COMPANY
    Originally posted by MADDIELAW
    Multiple posts about the same "business", which you have an interest in (you were even trying to build your downline in the other post) - that is SPAM.
    Last edited by gb12345; 04-06-2013 at 2:40 AM.
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 10th May 13, 3:29 PM
    • 11,120 Posts
    • 9,473 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    Spam by MADDIELAW reported.
    Originally posted by gb12345
    ditto.....
    • LushesFaith
    • By LushesFaith 3rd Jun 13, 11:32 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    LushesFaith
    I am thinking of joining mary kay. this thread all I found on it. As I am going to self employed I just want to have a few self emp ventures on the go. I also like the thought of scentsy. Will be doing more research though
    • Miss Wetwipe
    • By Miss Wetwipe 17th Jun 13, 1:34 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Miss Wetwipe
    I am thinking of joining mary kay. this thread all I found on it. As I am going to self employed I just want to have a few self emp ventures on the go. I also like the thought of scentsy. Will be doing more research though
    Originally posted by LushesFaith
    I don't know much about Mary Kay, but I would definitely consider Scentsy. I've been a consultant with them for just under 2 years now and I love it! The commission is great, they run incentives which are achieveable, there are no crazy targets to hit and the fragrances are to die for! I work part time in another job, and I'm a busy mum to a little boy of 4, but I still manage to do really well with Scentsy as it fits around me. x
  • elsjac
    Well I found my way here by searching for Scentsy on the forums, I've been considering joining for a while now. Thank you Miss Wetwipe, to hear someone actually say such positive things about the company is reassuring! I also work part time and have a 4 yo boy and 20 month girl at home, would be nice to have the extra pocket money! And I love their fragrances! When you say there are no crazy targets to hit do you mean there are NO targets (as in compulsory ones) or are there targets but they're not stupidly high? Thanks.
    Comping Since 2011.
    Wins so far:
    £100 Mastercard Gift card.
    'Spot' the Dog DVD Collection
    • Miss Wetwipe
    • By Miss Wetwipe 11th Jan 14, 10:03 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Miss Wetwipe
    If anyone has been considering joining Scentsy then January is definitely the month to do it. For new consultants who join this month they are waiving the shipping fee of £9. The starter kit contains everything you need to get you started with your business and contains around £200 worth of products and business supplies... PLUS - if you manage to sell £500 worth of products in your first 15 days as a consultant, they will send you £300 worth of top selling Scentsy products for FREE!!!!!!

The only criteria to remain an active consultant is to place at least one £150 order every 3 months... And if you do decide to stop, the kit is yours to keep!
  • johnunderwood
    My niece is going to marry in 2 months. They are preparing now wedding reception. While looking at them, I realized it's quite simple to organizing it well and not spend fortune. They didn't hire wedding planner. They do everything by their own. They ordered amazing labels for all beverages. When saw those labels for the first time I couldn’t imagine they aren’t expensive. On Bottle Your Brand's website, you can easily create your own labels. My niece also hired special babysitters to take care of all babies during wedding reception and organize some games for toddlers. They didn’t want spend a lot of money on wedding. They wanted focus more on the magical time during tying the knot. I'm sure now it's possible.
  • angelwithdirtywings
    I have been thinking about joining Scentsy or Juice plus as it seems to be more online selling which would suit me at the moment, as I am currently on Maternity leave. I did have the opportunity to join Partylite online only last month but I didn't have the £70 joining fee at the time and think I may have missed out. Party planning on it's own is not feasible at the moment as I had a c-section and can't drive for 6 weeks. So something online is more appealing. However it seems a lot of the forums have dried up at the moment.
  • charmedcharlee21
    I completely agree with party planning, I've joined a company called Party Jewels which has been great. I sell by doing parties and online It's definitely worth trying they provide you with your own website for free so it means you don't have to pay any costs unless you want to purchase the starter kit
    “We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 14th Feb 17, 5:23 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    Thanks for all your feedback so far. Please keep adding to this thread if you have any other comments or suggestions for party planning.

MSE Sarah
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
    • Looneylee
    • By Looneylee 14th Feb 17, 5:48 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    Looneylee
    This is a great thread to get an idea of work from home opportunities. There are lots out there, so my top tip is to find something that you're passionate about

I'm a Group Leader for Usborne Books and have been doing it for 11.5 years. Childrens books are something I'm passionate about, and I have been able to work it flexibly around my 2 children

Happy to help answer any questions!
    • fhm1978
    • By fhm1978 17th Apr 18, 8:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fhm1978
    Was so happy to see this post, I was looking through the forums for something else (claiming back store cards). A lot of people don't see Party plan as a good way to boost your income but it was a god send for me when I went on maternity leave and only getting SMP.
    I started out with !!!!!!!! as I loved their skincare (novage range) it is totally free to join and you can do everything online if you want so I felt there was nothing to lose.
    I wont lie, it was slow to start and I was only making about £30 - £40 a month for a few months.... but that was better than nothing AND I ended up getting loads of freebies. It is true what they say, the more you put in the more you earn, when I started doing parties in peoples houses and online parties my income def. increased.
    Pros - it's free, it's easy and there are brill freebies and commission. It's a really fab company, friendly and loads of meetups.
    Cons - you need to be organised, you get out what you put in

I love the company now and am definately a MLM convert, the money, oppertunities and the

I would say, if you have ever wondered about direct selling find a product that you love (with !!!!!!!! they do so much so there will always be something you love), find a company you can believe in (!!!!!!!! are ethical, sustainable have been around for 50 years and have a respected brand).... if you have those two thing you will find it enjoyable and easy....then it doesn't seem like work. It also really helps to have good mentor, and a good support network. Doing Direct Selling you need to be motivated, when your in an office you always have people round you to keep you going, but working from home there is no one so it is easy to put things off until tomorrow, or next week and before you know, its the end of the month and you haven't sold anything.....then it's easy to give up. So if you have a great team around you and have a laugh.....and loads of training events it really makes a dfference.

I work with !!!!!!!!, who i Love....their products and company....but i am sure other companies are similar. It's just finding one you love.

If you want any more info or find out about how i found running my !!!!!!!! business working around 2 kids and an another job just get in touch. I'm always happy to offer any help or just have a chat

Anyway......back to searching for info on claiming back store card PPI
    • SMCG
    • By SMCG 11th Oct 18, 8:36 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    SMCG
    Party plan is Tupperware. Ann Summer. Soda Stream. Carloina Frill. Body shop @ Home. Parylite Candles. And maybe Avon. I think you have posted on the wrong area.
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 12th Oct 18, 3:39 PM
    • 11,120 Posts
    • 9,473 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    Party plan is Tupperware. Ann Summer. Soda Stream. Carloina Frill. Body shop @ Home. Parylite Candles. And maybe Avon. I think you have posted on the wrong area.
    Originally posted by SMCG
    I think they've posted on the wrong forum, they are in USA
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Oct 18, 7:29 PM
    • 60,936 Posts
    • 43,506 Thanks
    soolin
    Aha, the earlier post asking for furniture rental suggestions now makes sense, it was the start of a spam post , spam from Violette reported.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Oct 18, 4:38 PM
    • 60,936 Posts
    • 43,506 Thanks
    soolin
    These spammers are persistent, nonsense from Rickey has been reported, please click the spam button.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,158Posts Today

8,924Users online

Martin's Twitter