Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 15th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 1,965Posts
    • 227Thanks
    katies mum
    AA savings account
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    AA savings account 15th Jan 18 at 11:51 AM
    Bit late but Happy New Year to you all.

Was wondering if anyone who has opened an AA savings account 1.32% has had any delays in paying in? I did transfer from Santander yesterday and its not showing in the account, and my daughter did a transfer from TSB and it is also not showing in her account.

Just thought I`d check before I ring Santander.

Thank you
Page 2
    • badger09
    • By badger09 6th Feb 18, 11:38 AM
    • 5,995 Posts
    • 5,335 Thanks
    badger09
    Wow - AA just wrote to me explaining they made an error when opening the account causing my withdrawal attempts to be blocked and have unexpectedly offered me 35 compensation which is nice of them.
    Originally posted by Alexland
    Nice

No doubt Mchambers will be along soon telling you to complain and demand more
    • it'smeinit
    • By it'smeinit 13th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    it'smeinit
    AA easy access saving account
    I opened an Easy Access account with the AA in early January. I opened the account by transferring 500 in from my nominated account. The money transferred in with no problem. After reading many negative reviews I decided to see if I could transfer some of my money out, as soon as I attempted a transfer my account was locked.

I tried to telephone to speak to someone many times, but was unable to get through.

I ended up sending an email asking for my account to be unlocked so I could transfer my money out. I received a reply saying thank you for contacting us
    " Your account has been closed and your complaint is being investigated"
    No mention of where my money was. My account has been closed for 2 weeks and I have no way of getting my money back. Never again will I use any product with the name AA attached to them Not sure where I go from here?

The Post Office and the AA are both Bank of Ireland owned and I've had a nightmare with both over the past few weeks.
    I really wished I'd have read the negative reviews on here before I opened the accounts. Has anyone had a similar situation and did you get you money back and if so how?
    Last edited by it'smeinit; 13-02-2018 at 8:30 PM.
    Everyday above ground is a bonus!!
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 13th Feb 18, 8:32 PM
    • 2,544 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    Alexland
    Looks like you have hit the same problem I had. At least the complaint did eventually unblock the situation for me and cause my money to be returned and hopefully will for you too. In the meantime you have my deepest sympathies.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 15th Feb 18, 9:57 AM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    Have just tried to log into my account and it is saying the email and password are not recognised and the system won`t let me re-set!!
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 15th Feb 18, 10:05 AM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    Ooops please ignore my last posting. I have just rung AA and consider myself told off (not impressed with their customer service) it seems I had gone onto the wrong log in page! I have logged in now and its fine. Just trying a withdrawal to see how long it takes.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 15th Feb 18, 1:46 PM
    • 2,544 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    Alexland
    Ooops please ignore my last posting. I have just rung AA and consider myself told off (not impressed with their customer service) it seems I had gone onto the wrong log in page! I have logged in now and its fine. Just trying a withdrawal to see how long it takes.
    Originally posted by katies mum
    Yes pre-BOI their older savings accounts were provided by Birmingham Midshires and they didn't migrate the accounts to BOI for whatever reason leaving customers with multiple logins. And their ISA is both OneFamily and BOI. To be honest their financial services branding is a jumbled up mess - the customer shouldn't have to be aware of the white labeling.

In comparison Aviva have properly integrated the customer interface where from one MyAviva login and homepage you can manage your pension, car insurance, etc.

Alex.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 15th Feb 18, 5:13 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    Still waiting for the money I transferred from my AA account at 10am to get to my Santander account!
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 15th Feb 18, 10:40 PM
    • 2,544 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    Alexland
    I just heard they have finished loading your money onto the boat...
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 16th Feb 18, 11:33 AM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    Alexland, just managed to catch up with the boat before it sailed, it arrived this morning. So a couple of hours to get money into the account and at least 24 hours to get it back out! glad it wasn`t the weekend :-) I might still be waiting.
    • SamJ35
    • By SamJ35 19th Feb 18, 3:02 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    SamJ35
    Alexland, just managed to catch up with the boat before it sailed, it arrived this morning. So a couple of hours to get money into the account and at least 24 hours to get it back out! glad it wasn`t the weekend :-) I might still be waiting.
    Originally posted by katies mum
    Thanks for doing this test. Planning on transferring out into my LISA before end of Tax year so will schedule a few days before 5 April to be safe!!
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 19th Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    Think a few days would be wise, I will do the same when I need money out again.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 19th Feb 18, 4:43 PM
    • 2,544 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    Alexland
    I would leave more than a few days given how many weeks it took me to get my money. Seems a shame to loose a 1000 bonus for a few days of low interest.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

65Posts Today

2,585Users online

Martin's Twitter