Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 15th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 1,965Posts
    • 227Thanks
    katies mum
    AA savings account
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    AA savings account 15th Jan 18 at 11:51 AM
    Bit late but Happy New Year to you all.

Was wondering if anyone who has opened an AA savings account 1.32% has had any delays in paying in? I did transfer from Santander yesterday and its not showing in the account, and my daughter did a transfer from TSB and it is also not showing in her account.

Just thought I`d check before I ring Santander.

Thank you
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 15th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 8,320 Posts
    • 10,638 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    Payment should show by close of business today.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 15th Jan 18, 12:46 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:46 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:46 PM
    Thank you for replying. Would you know if they are they similar to BM and don`t do the faster payments? The account opened really fast and I got my 6 digit number to sign on within 48 hours I suppose I assumed they were super fast!!
    • oz0707
    • By oz0707 15th Jan 18, 2:15 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    oz0707
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:15 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:15 PM
    I just checked next day and was always in
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 15th Jan 18, 2:48 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:48 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:48 PM
    I hope it goes in soon! still not showing but a few more hours until close of business
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 15th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    I am having the opposite problem getting money out of an AA easy saver. They had an offer on TopCashBack for 20 cashback if I invested 100 in an easy saver and there was nothing in the terms to suggest a minimum period.

Well the cashback paid promptly but when I tried to withdraw and close the account I received a message saying there was a block on the account. I phoned up about 10 days ago and they said they would close it and return the money and that since then I have been unable to login but the money isn't back in my account yet.

So much for 'easy'. I guess they need phoning again.

Sometimes I just wish these companies would accept it would just be easier to payout the cashback without making both parties go through the hoops of opening and closing an unwanted account. Still I find it interesting playing with all the different online user interfaces.

Alex
    Last edited by Alexland; 15-01-2018 at 11:01 PM.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 16th Jan 18, 8:14 AM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 16th Jan 18, 8:14 AM
    • 16th Jan 18, 8:14 AM
    Good luck Alexland hope it gets sorted.

I have just checked our accounts again and there is still no money! they might be paying one of the better interest rates at the moment but its no good if you can`t get money into your account! Considering leaving it where it is as at least its easily accessible :-(
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 16th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 16th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    • 16th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    Money has arrived at long last. Thank you
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 16th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 16th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 16th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    Did another transfer (fast payment) from Santander and it arrived in my AA savings account within an hour. I`m happy now :-)
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 18th Jan 18, 7:29 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    Still no sign of AA returning my easy saver money. Just phoned them again and they just confirmed that there is still a block on my account, they don't know why, so they have still not even started the clock on the 5 days to withdraw the money.

I wouldn't have minded if they had made contact to explain the problems they are having but it's gone down a black hole, again.

How hard it is to return the money back to the same bank account it came from?

So my limited experience of this AA/BOI savings product is that they are utterly hopeless which leads me to believe the FCA should make them call this product the 'painful saver'.

I have asked them to raise a formal complaint which they will respond to within 5 days, which if that resolves the issue will start the clock on the next 5 days to withdraw.

Alex
    Last edited by Alexland; 18-01-2018 at 7:42 PM.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 19th Jan 18, 12:23 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    katies mum
    I don`t have any immediate plans to make withdrawals. Hope you get it sorted soon.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 19th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    Yeah no progress today either - I think they are determined to use all of the estimated 5 days to consider my complaint.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 19th Jan 18, 9:13 PM
    • 1,866 Posts
    • 1,720 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Yeah no progress today either - I think they are determined to use all of the estimated 5 days to consider my complaint.
    Originally posted by Alexland
    It's amazing just how much I come to value genuinely good customer service. The amount of time I have spent dealing with companies who seem determined to make life difficult for customers is almost immeasurable. When I find a company who, even if they make a mistake, are efficient in dealing with problems, I tell everyone I know and am inclined to use them again/continue to use them. Companies who mess me around lose my custom for good and everyone I know gets to hear about them ad nauseum.

I hope it gets sorted soon for you.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 19th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    Yeah if anyone at work annoys me then asks me for savings advice then I might mention that AA are offering good rates at the moment.
    Last edited by Alexland; 19-01-2018 at 11:09 PM.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 23rd Jan 18, 2:00 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    Woo AA just sent me a 'We!!!8217;re sorry to see you go' email promising to release my money in the next business day!

Not bad given I have been trying to close this account since 4th Jan. I suppose they will never tell me what the problem was. Never again.
    • Ohtsuki
    • By Ohtsuki 26th Jan 18, 6:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ohtsuki
    I have been considering moving savings accounts for some time and as the AA easy savings account was featured as one of the top savings accounts on MSE last week I decided to go with them.
    The rate was one of the best at the time and instant access to your savings so I decided to go with then.
    What a mistake this now seems to have been.
    I am unable to access the website as it times out at various stages every single time.
    After three days of this I decided this was anything but instant access to your savings so I decided to close the account but was unable to do so online due to website timing out.
    I decided to do this by phone and after a wait of forty-five minutes I eventually got through.
    I closed the account and was informed that the money would be back in my linked account today.
    The money was not in today and I am now informed that it will be next Tuesday now.
    Considering that it only took fifteen minutes to transfer the money from my linked account into the AA saving account I fail to see why the transfer back will take so long.
    After this experience, I would never have any dealings with any related AA product or service again.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 26th Jan 18, 6:38 PM
    • 7,514 Posts
    • 9,631 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    [QUOTE=Alexland;73721998]
    Well the cashback paid promptly /QUOTE]

How Promptly?

TCB

26 Oct 2017 1.00 18.18 confirmed

QUIDCO - 10 JANUARY 2018 --UPDATED

07-Jul-17
    AA Savings
    Tracked
    10-Jan-18
    Often what I dont say is more significant than what i do say ........
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 26th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    How Promptly?
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    Opened the AA account at the end of November and TCB became payable at the start of January so about 6 weeks.

I might have been lucky with the cuttoff dates for their batch validation, etc.
    Last edited by Alexland; 26-01-2018 at 7:25 PM.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 26th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    After this experience, I would never have any dealings with any related AA product or service again.
    Originally posted by Ohtsuki
    Although AA did wrong lending their name to give this product credibility it's the underpinning Bank of Ireland who should be completely avoided.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 5th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    Wow - AA just wrote to me explaining they made an error when opening the account causing my withdrawal attempts to be blocked and have unexpectedly offered me 35 compensation which is nice of them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

348Posts Today

4,187Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin