Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lorrdevl
    • By lorrdevl 15th Jan 18, 10:49 AM
    • 36Posts
    • 49Thanks
    lorrdevl
    Bulb energy
    • 15th Jan 18, 10:49 AM
    Bulb energy 15th Jan 18 at 10:49 AM
    Hi everyone

Has anyone switched to Bulb? I switched a short while ago, was told everything would be done by 1st Jan. They have taken my first payment. My previous supplier (EDF) say they have changed the electric but not the gas. I have emailed and been told they will take three days to get back to me. I have messaged them on Facebook but no response to that either. I am getting quite anxious that I have made a terrible mistake. I did it through the Energy Club but they can't monitor it. Can anyone help? I actually wish I'd just stayed with the last lot even though they put my payments up by 50 a month!.

Thanks

Lorraine
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 15th Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,679 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    Hi everyone

Has anyone switched to Bulb? I switched a short while ago, was told everything would be done by 1st Jan. They have taken my first payment. My previous supplier (EDF) say they have changed the electric but not the gas. I have emailed and been told they will take three days to get back to me. I have messaged them on Facebook but no response to that either. I am getting quite anxious that I have made a terrible mistake. I did it through the Energy Club but they can't monitor it. Can anyone help? I actually wish I'd just stayed with the last lot even though they put my payments up by 50 a month!.

Thanks

Lorraine
    Originally posted by lorrdevl
    You can find the feedback thread for Bulb here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5382226

It is quite common for electricity and gas to actually switch on different days, as they are completely different supplies using completely different systems.
    Your existing supplier, EDF, should be aware of the pending gas switch.

The energy club is simply a comparison service (with continual monitoring & alerts) and as far as switch via them, they are only a messaging service.
    You can contact MSE if you wish to ensure they sent the message to switch both fuels, but only the supplier, Bulb, can tell you how they are progressing.

If you require an immediate answer, probably best to phone Bulb Energy - details are on their website

With no exit fees to worry about, then you are free to switch back to the original supplier anytime you like.
    You could do the electric now, but probably best to wait for the gas to actually switch to Bulb before you apply to switch back. Whilst it's not switched to Bulb, the gas will still be with your old supplier anyway
    Last edited by footyguy; 15-01-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    • lorrdevl
    • By lorrdevl 15th Jan 18, 11:47 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    lorrdevl
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:47 AM
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:47 AM
    Thanks for your reply footyguy, I haven't switched for quite some time so I am in a bit of a panic. I do owe some money to the last supplier which I have in my account but I don't want to hand it over until it is a final account and they are harassing me a bit. I will try to calm down.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 15th Jan 18, 12:24 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,679 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:24 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:24 PM
    Thanks for your reply footyguy, I haven't switched for quite some time so I am in a bit of a panic. I do owe some money to the last supplier which I have in my account but I don't want to hand it over until it is a final account and they are harassing me a bit. I will try to calm down.
    If you owe the supplier money, and particularly where they are, as you put it, "harassing" you for it, then the old supplier may refuse to allow the supply to be switched until the amount owed is paid.

I would have hoped your new supplier, Bulb, would have informed you if you were refused to be released by your existing supplier. Alternatively, your existing supplier, EDF, will be able to advise you exactly what their position is.
    I would have thought when you contacted them previously and they told you that the electricity had been passed to your new supplier, but not the gas, then they would have told you then if they were refusing to release the gas account due to money owed ... and used the opportunity to "harrass" you some for for the money owed.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 15th Jan 18, 2:18 PM
    • 6,084 Posts
    • 3,872 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:18 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:18 PM
    Hi everyone

Thanks

Lorraine
    Call them, they have the fastest telephone response times in the industry according to Which. I have my electricity with them and their CS and billing has to date been first class.
    • guccigoo
    • By guccigoo 19th Jan 18, 1:06 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    guccigoo
    • 19th Jan 18, 1:06 PM
    • 19th Jan 18, 1:06 PM
    I'm in the process of switching to them now from npower. Hope they are ok to go with.
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
    • vanessazdempsey
    • By vanessazdempsey 29th Jul 18, 3:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vanessazdempsey
    • 29th Jul 18, 3:54 PM
    Hi
    • 29th Jul 18, 3:54 PM
    Just signed up using your link thanks, Vanessa,,
    • Scoobyman
    • By Scoobyman 8th Aug 18, 4:24 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scoobyman
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:24 PM
    Switchin'
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:24 PM
    Hi all, newbie here. Just switched to bulb today. Hope it all goes smoothly. Excuse me for being thick, but I didn't know what everyone else was talking about when they were talking about referrals. (I've now found out) Can I still use a referral code now I've started the process, or have I lost out?
    Cheers.
    • Scoobyman
    • By Scoobyman 9th Aug 18, 11:00 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scoobyman
    • 9th Aug 18, 11:00 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 11:00 AM
    Thanks, kazwookie. I phoned Bulb this morning. Apparently they aren't able to credit me the referral because I signed up via MSE. Never mind, what you've never had you'll never miss.
    I appreciate your help, and I'll just have to get some friends signed up and get my referral bonus that way.
    • Lockrj
    • By Lockrj 10th Aug 18, 9:51 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lockrj
    Bulb Referrals
    How do I get a Bulb referral code??
    • Skools_Out
    • By Skools_Out 10th Aug 18, 4:39 PM
    • 156 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Skools_Out
    How do I get a Bulb referral code??
    Originally posted by Lockrj
    It's available from your Bulb Energy online account.

If you are still struggling, contact Bulb Energy.
    Last edited by Skools_Out; 10-08-2018 at 4:44 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,177Posts Today

8,692Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin