Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moonpenny
    • By moonpenny 13th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    • 1,856Posts
    • 1,560Thanks
    moonpenny
    Phone bundles
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    Phone bundles 13th Jan 18 at 7:41 PM
    Hi, I want to switch from BT standard broadband to plusnet fibre broadband. However,. I can't find info on phone bundles with plusnet.

At the moment I pay 3 mth for "free" evenings and weekends with BT as I just have a payg mobile.
    I have read all the info on plusnet deals but can't find phone deals. Would this only come up when applying?
    I am interested in what the deal would be with "all inclusive" phone calls.

Could someone point me in the right direction to find the info?
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 13th Jan 18, 7:44 PM
    • 33,191 Posts
    • 39,111 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:44 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:44 PM
    https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/call-plans/
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 13th Jan 18, 8:44 PM
    • 9,044 Posts
    • 5,392 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:44 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:44 PM
    You are given a monthly price for broadband and line, which is 2.50/month cheaper if you pay in advance (but only in blocks of 12 months). They do charge 99p for caller display and like this ,call packages are an add on.

I have the Anytime UK package at 8/month that covers calls to 01,02 and 03 numbers and calls to mobiles.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 13th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 2,898 Posts
    • 812 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    EE also part of the BT group, like plusnet do free calls to landlines 24/7 for 4
    Excludes premium nos etc
    • moonpenny
    • By moonpenny 13th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 1,560 Thanks
    moonpenny
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    Thanks everyone, got the info I needed now!
    • phillw
    • By phillw 15th Jan 18, 12:01 AM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 816 Thanks
    phillw
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:01 AM
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:01 AM
    At the moment I pay 3 mth for "free" evenings and weekends with BT as I just have a payg mobile.
    Originally posted by moonpenny
    I had BT and switched my pay monthly mobile to them, for 4 a month they gave me unlimited minutes at any time from my mobile. So I never needed to use the land line. Although I did have to haggle for that up front.

With the cheap deals you can get on pay monthly, I couldn't go back to PAYG. It was just so expensive.
    • moonpenny
    • By moonpenny 18th Jan 18, 4:26 PM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 1,560 Thanks
    moonpenny
    • 18th Jan 18, 4:26 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 4:26 PM
    You are given a monthly price for broadband and line, which is 2.50/month cheaper if you pay in advance (but only in blocks of 12 months). They do charge 99p for caller display and like this ,call packages are an add on.

I have the Anytime UK package at 8/month that covers calls to 01,02 and 03 numbers and calls to mobiles.
    Originally posted by teddysmum

Could you tell me if it covers mobile calls to ALL NETWORKS or just PlusNet?
    Also, does that apply to the Evening and Weekend Bundles as well?
    Thanks
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 18th Jan 18, 7:11 PM
    • 9,044 Posts
    • 5,392 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 18th Jan 18, 7:11 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 7:11 PM
    Could you tell me if it covers mobile calls to ALL NETWORKS or just PlusNet?
    Also, does that apply to the Evening and Weekend Bundles as well?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by moonpenny

All mobiles in the UK. I think it applies to all packages.

When with BT, we had a evening an weekend package,but in the year before we left they altered the hours during which the calls were 'free' so they kicked in when it was too late to make free business calls (eg to make vet appointment),Sky had discontinued e&w so we had anytime with them and kept this on joining PlusNet who do offer that package.

This suits us as I'm home all day so don't have to think about daytime call costs,just a few of which make anytime worth having,because of pricing. Another benefit is that my husband likes to check on me everyday, but saves mobile usage by ringing me and then being called back ,free of charge.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

1,995Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin