Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • confusedlion
    • By confusedlion 13th Jan 18, 6:59 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    confusedlion
    statute barred
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:59 PM
    statute barred 13th Jan 18 at 6:59 PM
    Hi, need some help badly.
    had a vanquis card contract sine 2011, been trying to keep payments up to date, until forced to leave my job due to partner suffering from stroke. Been unable to keep up up the payments since. I believe the debt had been sold to Cabot Financial. Received a County Court Business Claim today, Particulars of claim states :
    The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant(s) under a contract between the defendant(s) and Vanquis, dated on or about Sep 23 2011 assigned to the Claimant on June 30 2017.
    Particulars a/c no 4xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9
    13/11/17 default balance 3493.29 post refrl cr nil Total 3493.29
    Cabot total payment is 3758.29
    I want to know if the debt is statute barred.
    Can anyone help please with some clarification or advice please, much appreciated.
Page 1
    • Bedsit Bob
    • By Bedsit Bob 13th Jan 18, 7:11 PM
    • 10,266 Posts
    • 55,377 Thanks
    Bedsit Bob
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:11 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:11 PM
    A debt will be Statute Barred if, for a continuous period of 6 years (5 years in Scotland), you have made no payment to it, and made no written acknowledgement of the debt.
    My job is Top Secret. Even I don't know what I'm doing.

Amount I have so far denied the BBC - 1308

Who are you to question why your god doesn't want me to believe in him?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Jan 18, 7:44 PM
    • 14,297 Posts
    • 13,515 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:44 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:44 PM
    As above, it will be statute barred if you have not paid this for any period of 6 years, what!!!8217;s the date of your last payment ?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

581Posts Today

5,960Users online

Martin's Twitter