Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 13th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    • 144Posts
    • 45Thanks
    vicki84
    Billed 8 months after leaving
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    Billed 8 months after leaving 13th Jan 18 at 6:45 PM
    Hi

Iím looking for some advice I was with Robin Hood energy I left in April 2017 and was told I was £11 in credit and they sent me a cheque.

Today I have received an email saying I own them £78 with no explenation as anyone had anything Similar happen?

I have just checked my bills and there is an error somewhere I am not sure what to do.

Iresa who I am currently with have my opening readings on 20th March 2017 as Night 964 units Day as 1382.

Robin Hood Energy has my final bill as closing reading 17th April 2017 as Night 1589 Day 1958.

I am really confused to how this has happened

Thanks
    Last edited by vicki84; 13-01-2018 at 7:17 PM.
Page 1
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 13th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 248 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    Were the readings you gave to Iresa when you switched the ones in OP. Its possible that Iresa sent them too late and there has been an "industry estimate" used.

Best way of dealing with it is writing to RHE, heading "Complaint".

Outline the readings as per your OP . It may be the two companies have to resolve it as a disputed read.

Is there any reason why the two dates (20/03/17 & 17/04/17) are different?

Have Iresa billed you from 20/3/17 and at the reads 964 & 1382?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Jan 18, 7:36 PM
    • 5,931 Posts
    • 3,651 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:36 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:36 PM
    The gaining supplier is required under the terms of its Supply Licences to manage all aspects of a switch. This includes asking the consumer for meter readings. These readings are then passed to an independent industry third-party for verification. Once verified, these readings are to be used by both suppliers to close and open your accounts. The responsibility for sorting out this mess should sit with Iresa; however,.........

I would forward RHE a copy of your Opening Iresa Account pointing out the difference in the readings. Ask RHE to either change your opening reads to match those on the Final Bill or request that they initiate what is known as an Agreed Readings Dispute. This is a formal industry process to get the two suppliers to agree the readings used on transfer. I fear that if you asked Iresa to sort out this mess, you might have a long wait.
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 13th Jan 18, 7:58 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    vicki84
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:58 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:58 PM
    The gaining supplier is required under the terms of its Supply Licences to manage all aspects of a switch. This includes asking the consumer for meter readings. These readings are then passed to an independent industry third-party for verification. Once verified, these readings are to be used by both suppliers to close and open your accounts. The responsibility for sorting out this mess should sit with Iresa; however,.........

I would forward RHE a copy of your Opening Iresa Account pointing out the difference in the readings. Ask RHE to either change your opening reads to match those on the Final Bill or request that they initiate what is known as an Agreed Readings Dispute. This is a formal industry process to get the two suppliers to agree the readings used on transfer. I fear that if you asked Iresa to sort out this mess, you might have a long wait.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Great advice thanks for that it is a good job I have copies of everything.

I think you are right about Iresa I asked to make an additional payment in my November but was told my current direct debit was sufficient.

Today they have sent an email saying that as my account is in debit they are taking and additional payment at the end of the monthly luckily this is only £80 just frustrating because I asked to increase my monthly payment but they said there was no need.

If they had used the opening readings they supplied to RHE they would owe me £106 not including SC.
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 15th Jan 18, 8:37 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    vicki84
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:37 AM
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:37 AM
    Hi

On my RHE billing it lists the closing date as 17 April 2017 closing readings as Day 1589 Night 1958

My first iresa bill says 17th April start Night 964 Day 1382

I have been billed for both
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 15th Jan 18, 8:53 AM
    • 5,931 Posts
    • 3,651 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:53 AM
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:53 AM
    Hi

On my RHE billing it lists the closing date as 17 April 2017 closing readings as Day 1589 Night 1958

My first iresa bill says 17th April start Night 964 Day 1382

I have been billed for both
    Originally posted by vicki84
    As I said above, no consumer will ever pay twice for the units used. Presumably, you also have bills prior to the Final Bill showing charges calculated against actual readings. Contact RHE in writing and ask them to initiate an ARD. It really should be Iresa but, based on my past experience with them, meter reading validation is an ongoing problem for them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,335Posts Today

6,795Users online

Martin's Twitter