Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • r1dgeback
    • By r1dgeback 13th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    r1dgeback
    Iresa
    • 13th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    Iresa 13th Jan 18 at 5:54 PM
    If your Electricity account is with Iresa I strongly suggest that you cancel your DD ASAP and check your online account.

I received an email this morning to say a one off payment will be taken from my account by the end of this month because my account was in Debt.
    I've always ran my account in CR of about 50-60 so logged on this morning and my account is now 1350 in debt, they have applied some charges which I will certainly dispute.

I've cancelled my DD and also informed Iresa online of my actions.
Page 1
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 13th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    vicki84
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    Hi

I have received an email today saying the following

!!!8220;A one-off payment is being taken
    Dear Miss ,
    Following an investigation of your account, a one-off payment needs to be made to clear your accumlated account debt.

You can check the amount requested on your online account.

What is funny is I asked to make an additional payment in November and they refused saying my direct debit amount was sufficient.
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 13th Jan 18, 10:07 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 756 Thanks
    HampshireH
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:07 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:07 PM
    have you logged in to check your balance also? I hope it's accurate and no nasty shocks
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 14th Jan 18, 2:32 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    vicki84
    • 14th Jan 18, 2:32 AM
    • 14th Jan 18, 2:32 AM
    Yes I have checked and it is saying -130 but I have other issue with then now because they issued my old supplier with incorrect readings so I need to sort that out with them also.

If not I will have paid for a month of electricty in March 2017 twice.
    • inglorius
    • By inglorius 15th Jan 18, 8:51 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    inglorius
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:51 AM
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:51 AM
    Yes that's happened to be too over the weekend. As soon as you get a penny behind they send that same automated email out..
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 15th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    • 15th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    Yes that's happened to be too over the weekend. As soon as you get a penny behind they send that same automated email out..
    Originally posted by inglorius
    That'll be in line with term 4.6 that you agreed to abide by
    • pm12345
    • By pm12345 15th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pm12345
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    I have just come off the phone from Iresa. I was 121st in the queue and spend 1hour and 48 minutes on the phone (including the time I was speaking to them)! These wait times are beyond ridiculous! I asked the person I spoke to if she could pass a message through her superior about this but she said she couldn't!

I received the same email as others in this thread, that they want me to pay an extra one-off amount of 456. We have agreed to increase my direct debit for the next 6 months to cover this.
    However I think this company are not being honest in the way they are dealing with customers.
    They gave me my usage over the past year in kwh, and said it cost 90 per month, excluding the daily standard charge. But when I took out the contract with the same usage, they told me it would be 59 per month. Now suddenly I have a large outstanding bill. This is not fair to customers. They should have worked out the correct monthly payment based on my usage and not lower it just to win customers. I'm really disappointed in them! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 15th Jan 18, 12:59 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:59 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 12:59 PM
    I have just come off the phone from Iresa....
    Originally posted by pm12345
    Maybe. What we can all see is you have just produced a new user account...

The official feedback thread can be found here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5477354

Good luck!

(When you join a new supplier, you tell them what your anticipated annual consumption will be, and it is that figure that they initially use to calculate your annual cost, and hence your monthly direct debit.. They monitor your usage to ensure it is consistent with what you said. If it is not, the monthly payment will change accordingly.
    All suppliers work the same)
    Last edited by footyguy; 15-01-2018 at 1:04 PM.
    • pm12345
    • By pm12345 15th Jan 18, 2:57 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pm12345
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:57 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:57 PM
    Thanks footyguy. I did tell them my anticipated annual consumption but they have ignored my figures. Even when I spoke to them this morning they told me I am using more than I am paying for! They should have increased my direct debit months ago instead of slapping me with a huge bill!
    I will go over to the official feedback thread, thanks.
    • webbit
    • By webbit 16th Jan 18, 6:03 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    webbit
    Im with these was paying 52 a month, with 5 days to go to DD date they email to say its now 69,im 3 in debit... they say to build up a credit and because of my expected usage...well last year i used with these 5100kw they say i will use 6780...how the hell did they get that. Anyway so they dont get the 69 i cancelled dd and have swapped to OVO
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 17th Jan 18, 12:13 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    footyguy
    Im with these was paying 52 a month, with 5 days to go to DD date they email to say its now 69,im 3 in debit... they say to build up a credit and because of my expected usage...well last year i used with these 5100kw they say i will use 6780...how the hell did they get that. Anyway so they dont get the 69 i cancelled dd and have swapped to OVO
    Originally posted by webbit
    Well it's up to you if you want to pay more for the same energy.

As this is a moneysaving website, I'd recommend anyone else in your position to follow the advice in this useful MSE article
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits
    • Greggers82
    • By Greggers82 17th Jan 18, 1:50 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Greggers82
    Similar experience. 2 hours on the phone trying for the past month to correct a grossly exaggerated estimated usage that has left me 700 in debit. Online tickets and customer service useless. Tariff ends in March but left wondering what turmoil my account will be in by this point when I leave them. Do not under any circumstances allow Iresa to supply your energy. The overriding impression is of a company in turmoil which can't manage it's customers...
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 17th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    • 7,103 Posts
    • 5,875 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    !!!8220;A one-off payment is being taken

Following an investigation of your account, a one-off payment needs to be made to clear your accumlated account debt.

You can check the amount requested on your online account.
    Originally posted by vicki84
    I got the same email. I was in debt by 33.66 on 31st of December. Is this the amount they will be taking? I'm still making payments and using electricity so the debt will have changed by 31st of January. Surely they should state exactly how much they plan to take.

Typical Iresa nonsense.
    Last edited by Norman Castle; 17-01-2018 at 6:39 PM.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.

Never trust a newbie with a rtb tale.
    • webbit
    • By webbit 17th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    webbit
    they have now blocked my move to OVO because of a 3 debit on my account...which according to ofgem is illegal as this has only been the case for a week
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 18th Jan 18, 8:35 AM
    • 7,103 Posts
    • 5,875 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    Anyway so they dont get the 69 i cancelled dd and have swapped to OVO
    they have now blocked my move to OVO because of a 3 debit on my account...
    Without an active dd you've blocked your own escape route. They will need to take a final payment.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.

Never trust a newbie with a rtb tale.
    • webbit
    • By webbit 18th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    webbit
    ah ok thanks for that reinstated now, just worried they will take more than they should and will have a fight for money back
    • rusty frog
    • By rusty frog 24th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    rusty frog
    Without an active dd you've blocked your own escape route. They will need to take a final payment.
    Originally posted by Norman Castle
    Is it not possible to inform IRESA that you are cancelling the DD, and that you will make any agreed final payment by bank transfer or cheque?

Its probably not their preferred method, but I would certainly feel better than to trust them with my DD mandate.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

• zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 24th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    • 1,584 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    zolablue25

(When you join a new supplier, you tell them what your anticipated annual consumption will be, and it is that figure that they initially use to calculate your annual cost, and hence your monthly direct debit.. They monitor your usage to ensure it is consistent with what you said. If it is not, the monthly payment will change accordingly.
    All suppliers work the same)
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Not with Iresa they don't. If they did then they would have reduced my monthly DD months ago.
    Maybe if you fall behind in payments then they will adjust your DD up, but my experience, and the experiences of other MSE posters by the look of things, is that they won't adjust it down if you are overpaying. And they don't answer your requests for them to do so either.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

725Posts Today

6,370Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This tweet made me reread my 'How to Vote in the EU referendum' guide - quite interesting to realise how little has? https://t.co/lFQaSSqUGj

• Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Follow Martin