Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CoffeeJunkie
    • By CoffeeJunkie 13th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CoffeeJunkie
    Fault on PCH car about to be returned
    • 13th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    Fault on PCH car about to be returned 13th Jan 18 at 5:00 PM
    I am due to return a PCH car at the end of February 2018 after two years use. It is a Skoda Superb Estate. A hole developed in the carpet in the floor well on the driver's side before it had done 5000 miles. This was 9 months into the agreement. I reported it and it was examined at the first year service. The garage informed me that 'fair wear and tear' wasn't covered by the warranty. I argued that it was not fair wear and tear but a defect as the carpets should last for 50,000 miles on average for a car but (unsurprisingly) the argument fell on deaf ears and nothing was done. Doormats were not supplied with the car as they are classed as an optional extra. Has anyone else had anything similar and how did they deal with it (successfully)??? What are the consumer rights in such a case?
Page 1
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 13th Jan 18, 5:33 PM
    • 2,778 Posts
    • 2,094 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 13th Jan 18, 5:33 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 5:33 PM
    Why is this in the Credit Card section? Would be better in the Consumer Rights or Motoring section.

Like any fault that occurs more than 6 months after purchase, the onus is on the consumer to prove (via an independent report) that the fault was inherent.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,335Posts Today

6,795Users online

Martin's Twitter