Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rceebear
    • By rceebear 13th Jan 18, 4:35 PM
    • 1,902Posts
    • 89,804Thanks
    rceebear
    LG Advent - Feb & still no prize
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:35 PM
    LG Advent - Feb & still no prize 13th Jan 18 at 4:35 PM
    I won on the LG advent via instagram and had a direct message to say so and asking for my address details. Since then nothing. No replies to my messages. They have deleted all the competition posts from instagram and someone else posted on one of their other posts to say they are still waiting too.

Anyone had any recent contact from them and/or their prize arrive? I know there is still time but seems a bit rude not to reply to peoples messages.
    Last edited by rceebear; 12-02-2018 at 6:09 PM.
Page 1
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 13th Jan 18, 4:49 PM
    • 37,259 Posts
    • 251,841 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:49 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:49 PM
    From the T&Cs and knowing the closing date of the first competition none of the prizes are overdue

16. All prizes will be delivered within 45 days of the winner responding with the correct details to the Administrator via private message, unless stated otherwise.
    • rceebear
    • By rceebear 21st Jan 18, 11:42 PM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 89,804 Thanks
    rceebear
    • 21st Jan 18, 11:42 PM
    • 21st Jan 18, 11:42 PM
    Thank you but where did you find the T&Cs please? The only ones I could find were for a Facebook Christmas competition.
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 21st Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    • 2,588 Posts
    • 95,200 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    • 21st Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    • 21st Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    http://www.lg.com/uk/12daysofxmas
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
    • rceebear
    • By rceebear 22nd Jan 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 89,804 Thanks
    rceebear
    • 22nd Jan 18, 1:31 PM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 1:31 PM
    Thank you so much. Must have been a case of couldn't see it for looking!
    • rceebear
    • By rceebear 3rd Feb 18, 11:38 PM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 89,804 Thanks
    rceebear
    • 3rd Feb 18, 11:38 PM
    • 3rd Feb 18, 11:38 PM
    The 45 days (as set out in their T&Cs) has now lapsed and they are still ignoring my messages. Can someone please advise on how to proceed?

Thank you x
    • alibabbaskeggy
    • By alibabbaskeggy 4th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 993 Thanks
    alibabbaskeggy
    • 4th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 4th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    Hi I've answered your pm. I also won and not a single reply from any messages so I thought I would tweet them (after 45 days was up)..still no reply gave lg customer service an email. no reply but i did get a text the next day to say my lg delivery was on the way. A lovely sound bar duly arrived. Would have been nice for at least one person to reply but hey ho it arrived in the end
    in it for the fun winning is just a bonus!
    • rceebear
    • By rceebear 12th Feb 18, 6:07 PM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 89,804 Thanks
    rceebear
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:07 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:07 PM
    Thanks Ali.

Just to update. I've still had no reply via the LG instagram account and their customer services team have at least replied. The latest is they said this "promotion" appeared to be in Australia only!? I replied to say that was a bit odd as it was clearly on the LG_UK instagram account as in the screenshot I sent them. They claimed they hadn't had this at first and their reply form didn't allow me to attach it so I had to start from scratch with my query which feels like delaying tactics with all the trouble I've had so far. Last I heard last week was they are looking in to it.

Is there a time frame for going to the ombudsman?

I don't want to keep giving them time and then find I'm out of time and can no longer claim. The 45 days as stated in their T&Cs was on 2nd Feb.
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 12th Feb 18, 6:30 PM
    • 2,588 Posts
    • 95,200 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:30 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:30 PM
    You could try calling the company that administered the promotion and see if you get anywhere - Administrator: Time Inc (UK), Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU. Main switchboard: 020 3148 5000
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 12th Feb 18, 7:32 PM
    • 37,259 Posts
    • 251,841 Thanks
    mjm3346

Is there a time frame for going to the ombudsman?

I don't want to keep giving them time and then find I'm out of time and can no longer claim. The 45 days as stated in their T&Cs was on 2nd Feb.
    Originally posted by rceebear
    It's the ASA, if the company are still in contact with you I don't think time would be an issue but it is a complaint not a claim as they have no power to force a company to provide a prize, usually the "punishment" is to be told not to do it again (however companies sometimes do provide the prize anyway)
    Internet goodness 24913
    • rceebear
    • By rceebear 4th Mar 18, 6:09 PM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 89,804 Thanks
    rceebear
    Thank you.

I just wanted to update that I never got a proper reply from LG customer services. However, the message must have got through to someone as I got a text to say I was expecting a delivery from LG and the next day it arrived. Well part of the prize did, the main part so I am happy with that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

284Posts Today

3,525Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin