Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chick1503
    • By Chick1503 13th Jan 18, 3:20 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chick1503
    0 WOW
    Leisureguard Car Excess Nightmare
    • 13th Jan 18, 3:20 PM
    0 WOW
    Leisureguard Car Excess Nightmare 13th Jan 18 at 3:20 PM
    I took put car excess insurance with Leisureguard in June 2017 as recommended on this site and had an accident on the 1st day in Spain where someone drove in to the back of me, he admitted full liability, I had to pay 1100 euros to the hire company when I returned the car and I informed Leisureguard immediately who said the claim would be settled in 7 days. After months of chasing and threatening court action as Leisureguard refusing to pay until until they had reclaimed the money from the 3rd party they have finally paid but as the exchange rate is different to last June I am still out of pocket.......MSE please do not recommend them on your website as they are horrendous, I wish I had paid the full CDW and I could have just walked away without this stress and hassle.
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 13th Jan 18, 4:29 PM
    • 18,612 Posts
    • 7,712 Thanks
    richardw
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:29 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:29 PM
    You highlight the limitations of these insurance policies, but in the long term it!!!8217;s a cheaper way.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 13th Jan 18, 4:34 PM
    • 20,335 Posts
    • 16,088 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:34 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:34 PM
    So have you complained to Leisureguard, and if not you're not happy with their response taken it to the FOS?
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 14th Jan 18, 11:38 AM
    • 352 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    • 14th Jan 18, 11:38 AM
    • 14th Jan 18, 11:38 AM
    You highlight the limitations of these insurance policies, but in the long term itís a cheaper way.
    Originally posted by richardw
    No, they have simply highlighted the folly in buying the cheapest they could find. Buy from a reputable company, such as Insurance4carhire and you'll get no such hassle.
    Easy to blame MSE, but they are simply telling what is the cheapest, not necessarily the best.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 14th Jan 18, 12:21 PM
    • 18,612 Posts
    • 7,712 Thanks
    richardw
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:21 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:21 PM
    No, they have simply highlighted the folly in buying the cheapest they could find. Buy from a reputable company, such as Insurance4carhire and you'll get no such hassle....
    Originally posted by EveryWhere
    There'll still be the time factor waiting for the claim to be processed, which may be too long for some.
    Last edited by richardw; 14-01-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 14th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    • 14th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    There'll still be the time factor waiting for the claim to be processed, which may be too long for some.
    Really? I don't imagine anyone expects a twenty four hour turnaround. If that were an issue, they wouldn't be considering reimbursement insurance.

The issue here is months taken, as opposed to a week or two.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 14th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    • 18,612 Posts
    • 7,712 Thanks
    richardw
    • 14th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    .... as opposed to a week or two.
    Originally posted by EveryWhere
    For some a week is too long.
    Do they really process these claims in a fortnight or less?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 14th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 8,318 Posts
    • 10,656 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 14th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    For some a week is too long.
    Do they really process these claims in a fortnight or less?
    From memory AMEX (Axa) reimbursed me £225 for a wing mirror in about ten days.

All the documentation I needed was provided by Avis at the airport.

Bigger repairs or a need to get to my plane faster may have lengthened the claim period and increased the need to chase paperwork.
    Last edited by PeacefulWaters; 14-01-2018 at 4:48 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,047Posts Today

8,021Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin