Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • caronc
    • By caronc 13th Jan 18, 8:48 AM
    • 3,605Posts
    • 23,561Thanks
    caronc
    Cooking for one (Mark Three)
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:48 AM
    Cooking for one (Mark Three) 13th Jan 18 at 8:48 AM
    Welcome to Cooking one (Mark Three), time to get a shiny new thread up and running. The link to "Cooking for one (Mark Two)" can be found here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73708876&posted=1#post73708876

Cooking For One
    13th Jan 17 at 7:32 PM
    Hi, newbie poster though long time lurker trying to adjust to being an empty-nester and due to some substantial changes income-wise in the next couple of months trying to cut my costs and adjust my shopping to mainly solo dining. I abhor waste so good that way and do cook from scratch/batch cook the vast majority of the time. I do "sort of" meal plan but it can be a bit hit or miss depending on my health is on any given day. I'm reliant on on-line shopping so can't take advanage of aldi/Lidl etc. What (if any) changes did you make when changing to a single-person household?
    Last edited by caronc; 13-01-2018 at 8:51 AM.
    GC - Jan18 55/120, Feb18 68/120, Mar 104/150, Apr 122/200
    GC YTD - 349/590
Page 32
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 5th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    • 62,160 Posts
    • 363,893 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I just had more food .... as I've just bought in bread rolls, eggs and tomatoes, I made up a boiled egg/salad cream and stuck that in a roll with half a tomato

When I bought the cubed beef back in December, I had in mind a SC beef/orange thingy.... so I've just removed the beef from the freezer and tomorrow morning I'll slide it into the SC with the leftover Xmas parsnip, a small carton of orange, that tin of butter beans I just bought .... and some other bits and bobs/spices/herbs etc.
    Last edited by PasturesNew; 09-02-2018 at 8:57 AM.
    • Irenadler
    • By Irenadler 5th Feb 18, 5:29 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Irenadler
    Well DD finally gave birth to grandson - 2 weeks late and had to be induced. He is 10 days old today. He's a wee poppet.
    Originally posted by spirit
    Hey Spirit

Congratulations on the grandson, how lovely, you must be so happy with him. So sorry that the DD isn't appreciative, or the SiL....
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    • caronc
    • By caronc 5th Feb 18, 5:40 PM
    • 3,605 Posts
    • 23,561 Thanks
    caronc
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Spirit - Congratulations on the new grandchild, shame the joy is being marred a bit by been taken for granted
    Irene - with your fares that sounds horribly tight but doable for a short period. Do you do any surveys? Out of boredom more than anything I joined a few sites YouGov (slow but steady but took me a year to get 50, Prolific Academy - joined at the end of November have banked 45.00 since then and OnePoll - joined at the beginning of the year 21 so far). There are loads more, have a look at the "Debt Free Wannabe" part of the MSE site. It's not huge rewards but every little helps as they say.
    MTSTM - not that anyone's counting but my Dad is now coming for lunch tomorrow

Out of interest 'cos I had little else to do this afternoon I sat and costed as accurately as I could what my food spend for today will be (fuel not included). I reckon today is a fairly typical "on the high side of average" spend for me. I shop in Tesco mainly so prices reflect what I paid, Aldi/Lidl are probably cheaper. I haven't always had the cheapest option from Tesco either but equally some things were on SO. I've said "high side of average" as lunch today was an "expensive for me" day , I often just have soup & toast or a cheaper sarnie/roll.
    As I've said I've done it out of interest rather than to spark a huge debate and it reflects my choices and budget but I did find it interesting.

Breakfast
    2 slices toast (Tesco Medium sliced loaf @ 55p for 800g each slice is 40g) 6p
    Dairy Lea cheese spread (180g bought on SO @ 1 about 1/6 of the pack) 17p
    2 dried figs (these were a gift so free, but I usually would have an apple or an orange or a couple of satsumas at approx 30p)
    Total for breakfast 23p

Lunch

Portuguese Green Bean Soup Total Cost 1.66 for 4 (poss 5) portions (I was a bit out on my estimation of around 1.20 for this , but still reckon my Dad is worth it )
    Costed as follows:-
    • small onion (about 75g @ 49p per kg) 4p
    • 2 large carrots (about 250g @ 60p per kg) 15p
    • 2 spuds (Tesco finest about 200g @ 1.15 per kg) 23p
    • green beans (100g @ 89p for 220g) 41p
    • chorizo (50g Tesco Finest @ 2 for 200g) 50p
    • garlic (about 1/3 of a small bulb) 10p
    • chicken stock (sort of free as homemade but 20p allowed for pot veg added to the carcass) 20p
    • 1 tbsp olive oil ( free as a gift but could be left out or costed in)
    • salt & pepper 3p (estimate)
    • Total cost for soup 1.66 - 42p per portion
    Ham and coleslaw roll
    • crusty roll (4 for 1) 25p
    • Ayrshire Ham (from the deli counter @ 92p for 2 slices) 46p
    • coleslaw (Tesco Finest @ 85p for 180g about 1/4 of the tub) 22p
    • scrape of Flora (Bought on SO @ 2 for 1kg) 5p (or less)
    • Total for roll - 98p
    Total cost for lunch - 1.40

Dinner
    Mash from the freezer(weighed and it's 115g so 11p for spuds plus milk(1p)& butter (6p)) 18p
    Savoy cabbage (Cost 69p reckon I'll use around 1/6th) 12p

Butter for cabbage 10p

Liver and bacon costed as follows for 3 portions:-
    • Lamb's liver 200g (400g bought from Tesco @ 2.40 per kg, remainder getting frozen) 48p
    • Ayrshire Streaky Bacon (100g bought from local butcher @ 7.70 per kg) 77p
    • 2 onions 15p
    • Stalk of celery 5p
    • Small carrot 5p
    • Chestnut Mushrooms (about 100g @ 3.61 per kg) 36p
    • Oxo cube (12 for 1 on SO) 8p
    • Salt, pepper, dried thyme, paprika, flour 10p (estimate)
    • Total cost for 3 portions = 2.04 so 0.68 per portion
    Total cost for dinner 1.08

On top of my meals I've also had a decaff instant coffee (5p), about 6 mugs of tea (8p) and used a 1/2 pint of milk (14p) Total for drinks 32p

Total food spends 3.03
    Last edited by caronc; 05-02-2018 at 6:48 PM.
    GC YTD - 349/590
    • Irenadler
    • By Irenadler 5th Feb 18, 5:40 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Irenadler
    This is the trouble. Years ago you'd get a Tue/Wed job and a Thu-Sat job ... knowing the days. Nowadays they say "flexible" and they mean "we want a list of people willing to call at short notice at any time of the day and any day of the week ... on call". So even if you just suck it up and pretend at the interview and get onto the list, then find something else you've lied to get ...not only do you live "in fear" of making a mistake in conversation and/or being seen/caught out - but once they've phoned you a few times and you've said "no" your name's at the bottom of their list and there's a new ad in the papers.

Those who haven't been at the "grunt end of life" have no idea how tough it is to get the simplest of lives pulled together.

I plough my own furrow because I don't "eat that way", the way many people these days eat...and a lot of these "look we live on thruppence a day" blogs do it by only eating oats and lentils, which I don't eat
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    Hey PN

I am finding that out more now. My own fault I am struggling as I was used to OH f/t wage coming in plus my 25 hours, and couldn't get my head round adjusting to just 25 hrs income for ages... As well as forgetting I was CFO/BFO. Doh!

Need to kick myself up the wotsit and face reality. The world of work is a lot different now. Mother tells me she could walk out of one job in the morning and straight into another one in the afternoon, as a youngster. Nothing like now.

Everything has to be done on-line, CV's viewable by employers like you are goods on display in the supermarket, and you have to dot every i and cross every t. Account for every job, have references up to date, and ID. I am lucky my passport is still in date, and my photocard driving licence (even though I have no car) else I would be well snookered. I have even taken tests on-line (as well as job applications) before I even set eyes on an employer.... Out of over 100 applications had 6 interviews.... Sigh.... Must be too old for them.
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    • kittie
    • By kittie 5th Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    • 11,799 Posts
    • 73,602 Thanks
    kittie
    I feel blessed not be a modern day job hunter, it was pretty well word of mouth when I was young. No wonder so many people are ill through stress

The pies are lovely, very light pastry and the cornflour dusting made the filling stay put when I cut them in 1/2 for the freezer. Still tangy and mouth satisfying, not leaving me wanting more, no glucose/fructose deadly syrup in them, just the fruit and pastry

My bread, I am making a small 1 lb loaf and leaving it overnight before I cut it, it tastes much better and lasts longer kept unwrapped in my little JL breadbin. It also makes much better toast because it hasn`t been frozen or wrapped in plastic, less damp
    • Irenadler
    • By Irenadler 5th Feb 18, 5:48 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Irenadler
    I do recall being shocked some years back when one of the cleaners at work explained to me that she really intended to have a full-time job (or thereabouts) but was having to cobble together a full-time amount of hours from doing that cleaning job AND part-time job 2 AND part-time job 3 AND part-time job 4 and so on. I worked it out at the time that she'd be spending a lot of her free time on getting to and from all these mini-jobs (compared to where I got myself to work once a day and then got myself back from work once a day). Her response to my "How do you have A Life with all that to fit together then?" was "You don't - as you spend so much time doing all that".

I thought that was terrible at the time and was so glad that, if the worst had happened to my job (and gawdknows I had to "fight" my employer more than once to make sure it didn't) that I didn't have a mortgage any longer and could hold out on the Dole Queue for however-long-it-took to get a Normal Job again (ie 9-5 Monday to Friday or thereabouts) and was under no illusions whatsoever as to just how low my chances were of ever coming off the Dole Queue before I got to retirement age and could give up applying for jobs (as I had a list of "things to put employers off" a mile long if any of them had ever tried to give me a job that wasn't a Normal Job - as I had made up my mind I wasn't going to go there....).

I do read about a noticeable number of people that are perfectly capable of having a job imo now having the even worse situation of these "on call" set-ups and struggle to get my mind around how they're supposed to earn any extra income on top of their Main Income if they decide to - if employers are going to take that "Be available - or else" attitude. Plus, of course, the "How are they ever going to be able to study to try and get better qualifications and get out of that situation? How are they going to Have A Life? Get a mortgage etc?". At that point it does my head in and I can't think of how they're supposed to do so....and try and have a normal life.
    Originally posted by moneyistooshorttomention
    Tell me about it.... Trying not to be too low about it. Went for one job which only offered 11 hours per week, yet, expected me to be 'flexible' Monday to Friday. I was honest and said I couldn't do mornings, and yes, I did not get offered the job.....

One thing I am forever grateful for, is that we paid off the mortgage early, after finding this MSE site. OH f/t, me working 2 jobs and over-time when I wasn't expected to be quite so 'flexible'. We worked bloody hard too. So at least I know I have a roof over my head, but, I despair for younger ones out there that can't even get a toe-hold on the property ladder.

I guess I have to think of the positive, even if I have to turn down the heating, layer up, drink lotsa tea/soup to keep warmed up, there are many out there worse off than me, that don't have a secure roof over their heads.....

Hey, at least I have my health!
    • Irenadler
    • By Irenadler 5th Feb 18, 5:59 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Irenadler
    Good afternoon everyone,

Irene - with your fares that sounds horribly tight but doable for a short period. Do you do any surveys? Out of boredom more than anything I joined a few sites YouGov (slow but steady but took me a year to get 50, Prolific Academy - joined at the end of November have banked 45.00 since then and OnePoll - joined at the beginning of the year 21 so far). There are loads more, have a look at the "Debt Free Wannabe" part of the MSE site. It's not huge rewards but every little helps as they say.
    [

Hey, thanks, maybe I will be able to boost the bank balance....

Breakfast
    2 slices toast (Tesco Medium sliced loaf @ 55p for 800g each slice is 40g) 6p
    Dairy Lea cheese spread (180g bought on SO @ 1 about 1/6 of the pack) 17p
    2 dried figs (these were a gift so free, but I usually would have an apple or an orange or a couple of satsumas at approx 30p)
    Total for breakfast 23p

Lunch

Portuguese Green Bean Soup Total Cost 1.66 for 4 (poss 5) portions (I was a bit out on my estimation of around 1.20 for this , but still reckon my Dad is worth it )
    Costed as follows:-
    • small onion (about 75g @ 49p per kg) 4p
    • 2 large carrots (about 250g @ 60p per kg) 15p
    • 2 spuds (Tesco finest about 200g @ 1.15 per kg) 23p
    • green beans (100g @ 89p for 220g) 41p
    • chorizo (50g Tesco Finest @ 2 for 200g) 50p
    • garlic (about 1/3 of a small bulb) 10p
    • chicken stock (sort of free as homemade but 20p allowed for pot veg added to the carcass) 20p
    • 1 tbsp olive oil ( free as a gift but could be left out or costed in)
    • salt & pepper 3p (estimate)
    • Total cost for soup 1.66 - 42p per portion
    Ham and coleslaw roll
    • crusty roll (4 for 1) 25p
    • Ayrshire Ham (from the deli counter @ 92p for 2 slices) 46p
    • coleslaw (Tesco Finest @ 85p for 180g about 1/4 of the tub) 22p
    • scrape of Flora (Bought on SO @ 2 for 1kg) 5p (or less)
    • Total for roll - 98p
    Total cost for lunch - 1.40

Dinner
    Mash from the freezer(weighed and it's 115g so 11p for spuds plus milk(1p)& butter (6p)) 18p
    Savoy cabbage (Cost 69p reckon I'll use around 1/6th) 12p

Butter for cabbage 10p

Liver and bacon costed as follows for 3 portions:-
    • Lamb's liver 200g (400g bought from Tesco @ 2.40 per kg, remainder getting frozen) 48p
    • Ayrshire Streaky Bacon (100g bought from local butcher @ 7.70 per kg) 77p
    • 2 onions 15p
    • Stalk of celery 5p
    • Small carrot 5p
    • Chestnut Mushrooms (about 100g @ 3.61 per kg) 36p
    • Oxo cube (12 for 1 on SO) 8p
    • Salt, pepper, dried thyme, paprika, flour 10p (estimate)
    • Total cost for 2 portions = 2.04 so 0.68 per portion
    Total cost for dinner 1.08

On top of my meals I've also had a decaff instant coffee (5p), about 6 mugs of tea (8p) and used a 1/2 pint of milk (14p) Total for drinks 32p

Total food spends 3.03
    Originally posted by caronc
    Thanks Caronc

I know you don't want a debate, but, well impressed with your full listing and pricing. Just shows that if I think carefully, don't have to freak out about it, and cook properly it will be tastier. I am going to really try to YS though, as much as I can of 'ingredients' rather than anything processed.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 5th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    • 3,605 Posts
    • 23,561 Thanks
    caronc
    Thanks Caronc

I know you don't want a debate, but, well impressed with your full listing and pricing. Just shows that if I think carefully, don't have to freak out about it, and cook properly it will be tastier. I am going to really try to YS though, as much as I can of 'ingredients' rather than anything processed.
    Originally posted by Irenadler
    Believe if I could handle SMs I'd be there at reducting time a lot...
    GC YTD - 349/590
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 5th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 15,302 Posts
    • 42,684 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    IreneA - have you got a garden you could grow at least a bit of food in? Even just growing a few lettuces and/or perpetual spinach or the like would help out...

There's a few foods that re-grow too - and I have a tendency to put the root section plus an inch or so of leek or spring onion in the garden (after having cut off most of it to use at that point) and then leave it to re-grow back into a full leek or spring onion for me again.

My sympathies at the Idiot Employer that thought he could tie up all 5 weekdays for the sake of just 11 hours!!!!! Cheeky ******
    Last edited by moneyistooshorttomention; 05-02-2018 at 6:13 PM.
    • Farway
    • By Farway 5th Feb 18, 6:13 PM
    • 6,084 Posts
    • 9,532 Thanks
    Farway
    Mother tells me she could walk out of one job in the morning and straight into another one in the afternoon, as a youngster. Nothing like now.
    Originally posted by Irenadler
    Now I feel I am old enough to be your father I used to do just that, leave in the morning, start new job following day. Factories always had big boards outside with jobs vacant. I really do feel for the young ones and anyone looking these days. Trouble is with the advent of AI I think there will be even fewer jobs around

Back to food, the PIE turned out very well. I followed recipe which was for 4, so 3/4 left. Had it with frozen chips & baked beans, with statutory brown sauce

I costed it out roughly to about 3.50, approx 88p a portion. If I made my own pastry I could cut that down

Here it is

Last edited by Farway; 05-02-2018 at 6:15 PM.
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 5th Feb 18, 6:15 PM
    • 15,302 Posts
    • 42,684 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Farway - Pastures has just started on her way north at the mention of that meal
    • Farway
    • By Farway 5th Feb 18, 6:16 PM
    • 6,084 Posts
    • 9,532 Thanks
    Farway
    Farway - Pastures has just started on her way north at the mention of that meal
    Originally posted by moneyistooshorttomention
    I knew women had no sense of direction, she needs to head East
    • caronc
    • By caronc 5th Feb 18, 6:44 PM
    • 3,605 Posts
    • 23,561 Thanks
    caronc
    Fab looking pie Farway - hope it tastes as good as it looks.
    Keep a piece hot for me would you I'm on way - should I head SE?
    GC YTD - 349/590
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 5th Feb 18, 7:07 PM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 13,611 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Now I feel I am old enough to be your father I used to do just that, leave in the morning, start new job following day. Factories always had big boards outside with jobs vacant. I really do feel for the young ones and anyone looking these days. Trouble is with the advent of AI I think there will be even fewer jobs around

Back to food, the PIE turned out very well. I followed recipe which was for 4, so 3/4 left. Had it with frozen chips & baked beans, with statutory brown sauce

I costed it out roughly to about 3.50, approx 88p a portion. If I made my own pastry I could cut that down

Here it is

Originally posted by Farway
    That looks lovely! I'm going to have to make one now . I added the page with the recipe on to 'my favourites' when it was suggested that you use that recipe. I think I'll make it at the weekend.
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 5th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 15,302 Posts
    • 42,684 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    I knew women had no sense of direction, she needs to head East
    Originally posted by Farway

Oh he's living dangerously he is
    • caronc
    • By caronc 5th Feb 18, 9:44 PM
    • 3,605 Posts
    • 23,561 Thanks
    caronc
    PN - not quoting as requested but I think you are being a bit hard on yourself. Fab blog and living well on a very low income from previous work. That's a huge plus for any employer, just depends on how you present it on a CV, think you might be missing a very strong selling point there. You might be surprised at how difficult small businesses find it to recruit for someone for 2-3 hours per week/month do to a "bit of admin" and most in my experience don't want folk with the recent IT experience 'cos the business PC is ancient and they like it that way but know to get business they need to be a bit more social media savvy. A few hours a month with a couple (or more) on "one man plus dog" type sole traders (the backbone of lots of towns) could be an ideal boost so pop your CV to them making it clear that you aren't looking for lots of hours but could make their life a bit easier.
    Otherwise if you are quite happy with your current situation just keep doing what you are doing.
    PS - I don't think you eat !!!! food- more snacks/pop than I would be hey I love a wine or two
    GC YTD - 349/590
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 5th Feb 18, 10:00 PM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 13,611 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    PN - not quoting as requested but I think you are being a bit hard on yourself. Fab blog and living well on a very low income from previous work. That's a huge plus for any employer, just depends on how you present it on a CV, think you might be missing a very strong selling point there. You might be surprised at how difficult small businesses find it to recruit for someone for 2-3 hours per week/month do to a "bit of admin" and most in my experience don't want folk with the recent IT experience 'cos the business PC is ancient and they like it that way but know to get business they need to be a bit more social media savvy. A few hours a month with a couple (or more) on "one man plus dog" type sole traders (the backbone of lots of towns) could be an ideal boost so pop your CV to them making it clear that you aren't looking for lots of hours but could make their life a bit easier.
    Otherwise if you are quite happy with your current situation just keep doing what you are doing.
    PS - I don't think you eat !!!! food- more snacks/pop than I would be hey I love a wine or two
    PN - I agree with this. I know of one person who is looking for someone just like you right now. She owns a hair salon which is doing ok, but doesn't know anything about computers/social media. She knows that she is getting left behind, and that most people search on Facebook or Google for salons. She is looking for someone just to do a few hours a month self-employed creating and keeping a FaceBook page and a web site updated. She takes photos of work that her and her staff are pleased with if the client agrees, and would like things like those on to showcase their work, cut she doesn't know where to start.

This sort of arrangement sounds like it would suit you, if you could get a couple of things like this.

Looking at your blog and Facebook page you clearly know what you are doing.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 5th Feb 18, 10:23 PM
    • 3,605 Posts
    • 23,561 Thanks
    caronc
    The irony is I can do it for other people.... I just can't "do it for myself" due to quarter-heartedness and not actually having a "product/service" I'm plugging.

As for getting clients, I don't wish to get clients, due to my ASD I can't manage the relationship. I just need to be employed and left to it really

I can come up with a strategy and set it all up and do all the work ... just don't put me near to people

Oh ... and I can't bear idiots.... which is often a problem in the workplace as there's usually one half wit with a gob on.
    In that case staying as you are is probably the best option. I certainly will continue to look forward to your blog & FB updates and CFO posts on here. Sometimes change is good and sometimes it isn't. For me I certainly would have never re-discovered the joys of crumpets and fishfinger sandwiches without your input on here
    GC YTD - 349/590
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 5th Feb 18, 11:02 PM
    • 62,160 Posts
    • 363,893 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    ...For me I certainly would have never re-discovered the joys of crumpets and fishfinger sandwiches without your input on here
    You're probably dumpling deficient too .... I'm working up to dumplings... bought new suet 2 weeks ago, although I don't always use it (and it is pricey!)... I just like to use it because that's the way I've mostly always made them, it's like a "comfort ingredient" for me.

I keep staring at my apple I bought 3-4 weeks ago and thinking "you're supposed to be an apple dumpling with custard" ... but then CBA

But there'll definitely be dumplings in my house in the coming cold weeks.

It's one thing having the right ingredients in ... it's getting a Round Tuit that's hard!
    • caronc
    • By caronc 6th Feb 18, 8:21 AM
    • 3,605 Posts
    • 23,561 Thanks
    caronc
    You're probably dumpling deficient too .... I'm working up to dumplings... bought new suet 2 weeks ago, although I don't always use it (and it is pricey!)... I just like to use it because that's the way I've mostly always made them, it's like a "comfort ingredient" for me.

I keep staring at my apple I bought 3-4 weeks ago and thinking "you're supposed to be an apple dumpling with custard" ... but then CBA

But there'll definitely be dumplings in my house in the coming cold weeks.

It's one thing having the right ingredients in ... it's getting a Round Tuit that's hard!
    How could I have forgotten about dumplings
    GC YTD - 349/590
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

76Posts Today

1,818Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin