Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Daveninny
    • By Daveninny 12th Jan 18, 7:33 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Daveninny
    Parking fine, although my child was in the car
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:33 PM
    Parking fine, although my child was in the car 12th Jan 18 at 7:33 PM
    Hi, Sorry in advance. If this sort of case, was elsewhere on the forum.
    I recieved a fine through a local parking enforcement agency, when I parked in a child parking bay at a local co op. My wife was sat in the back with my boy who was sick. She went in to the shop while I sat in the drivers seat. The sign did say that you need to accompany your child in to the shop, which I hadn't read. I appealed which in hindsight, pointlessly, with photos of the car seat in the car, and a scan of a prescription that day from the Doctors for my sick boy. I also stated that cctv pictures, were of poor quality, and it was impossible to see me and my son in the car.
    The appeal was refused. I didn't see the refusal letter in my email, completely missed it from 21st December, until I lookd today,. I have now recieved a letter from a debt agency for the sum of 160. I contacted them, and they told me the sign stated accompanying child etc. Then contacted Citizens Advice. Who told me to make an appeal with POPLA. Which I will. But in honesty what are my chances? Should I still send a letter to the Co Op CEO/Manager.
    Sorry again if this all old ground for this forum. I appreciate any help.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 18,333 Posts
    • 23,218 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    which PPC is it ?

was a popla code issued ?

and yes , a landowner complaint and cancellation is ALWAYS the best course of action
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 4,505 Thanks
    waamo
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    You need to read this thread. It contains templates to use. The odds of winning at POPLA are actually pretty good if you follow the advice here.

For a start if you had a rejection on the 21st December you shouldn!!!8217;t be getting debt collectors letters yet.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    This space for hire.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Jan 18, 7:42 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:42 PM
    how long did you spend in that shop?
    • Daveninny
    • By Daveninny 12th Jan 18, 7:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Daveninny
    which PPC is it ?

and yes , a landowner complaint and cancellation is ALWAYS the best course of action
    Originally posted by Redx
    It was National Parking Enforcement Ltd accrredited with BPA. Haven't got a POPLA code yet.
    • Daveninny
    • By Daveninny 12th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Daveninny
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    which PPC is it ?

By email or letter for the 'landowner complaint' Thank you.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 18,333 Posts
    • 23,218 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    NPE are IPC members AND SO YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF A POPLA CODE , so CA dont know what they are talking about

as this is in the debt collector stage , you can IGNORE it , read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread for guidance

so unless the landowner cancels it , the sc@m will continue for up to 6 years

come back if you get an LBC or an MCOL within that 6 years

as for the complaint , use whatever method works, so email , letter , both , whatever
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    National Parking Enforcement Ltd are IPC members , you will not get a POPLa code from them , we have seen this one before , possably the same location , an additional sign in a different colour and font , hung below the normal sign , the extra sign did not state the companies name , and YES it was additional and not an addition to the origional sign

complain like hell to the landowner , and just to assist you http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/National_Parking_Enforcement.html

how long where you parked there?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Jan 18, 7:54 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:54 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:54 PM
    and how long did it take for letter to come thru post (no ticket on car?)
    • Daveninny
    • By Daveninny 12th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Daveninny
    NPE are IPC members AND SO YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF A POPLA CODE , so CA dont know what they are talking about

as this is in the debt collector stage , you can IGNORE it , read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread for guidance

so unless the landowner cancels it , the sc@m will continue for up to 6 years

come back if you get an LBC or an MCOL within that 6 years

as for the complaint , use whatever method works, so email , letter , both , whatever
    I will start searching on that thread. What is an LBC or an MCOL. I'm the Noob Thanks Redx
    • Daveninny
    • By Daveninny 12th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Daveninny
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    It took about 2 weeks. No ticket on the car.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 7,679 Posts
    • 7,385 Thanks
    KeithP
    I will start searching on that thread. What is an LBC or an MCOL. I'm the Noob Thanks Redx
    Originally posted by Daveninny
    Post #5 of 'that thread' explains acronyms.
    • Daveninny
    • By Daveninny 12th Jan 18, 8:22 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Daveninny
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    About 2 weeks. No ticket on car.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 18, 8:29 PM
    • 18,333 Posts
    • 23,218 Thanks
    Redx
    Originally posted by Daveninny
    read post #5 of that thread

NOOBS are supposed to read that NEWBIES thread , usually several times

the NTK had to arrive by day 15 for POFA2012 compliance , so if it was 2 weeks then they can hold the keeper liable for the actions of the driver
    Newbies !!
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 12th Jan 18, 8:35 PM
    • 4,152 Posts
    • 5,889 Thanks
    Half_way

Do the above, but post your complaint on here first otherwise you risk being fobbed off.
    Saying they are accredited by the BPA or any other trade association is like saying the protection racket is accredited by the maf ia ( weird censor on the Italian crime cartel)
    ( i assume you spotted some logo - the IPc logo is probably there to, as well as a few others to try and make them look good)
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 10:04 PM
    • 58,415 Posts
    • 71,930 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Then contacted Citizens Advice. Who told me to make an appeal with POPLA. Which I will.
    Clueless advice from the CAB, they have no idea do they?! The CAB should be ashamed of their rubbish advice.

As advised, YOU CAN'T USE POPLA FOR ALL PPCS!! Only BPA members, and NPE left the BPA years ago.

But in honesty what are my chances?
    Of not paying NPE? No-one here pays NPE! YOU CAN GET 100% DISCOUNT HERE. Put your wallet away and put your phone down, no ringing them, no panicking about the tediously predictable 'debt demands' your children will enjoy scribbling all over, this year!

There is no appeal worth trying, so you simply now ignore them and come back if they try court, where we (when coaching new posters here) win almost every single case and it's no big deal.

But you'll know already NPE are not litigious, from your Google search and reading the BMPA resulting page. You've read the NEWBIES thread so we assume you have now done the suggested Google search with 'BMPA Insight' as added words, as the NEWBIES thread tells you to do, in post #2 of that sticky thread.

Read all this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5596131

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5723414

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5721542

Not to take seriously, NPE are ex clampers. Not the brightest bunch, just moneygrabbers. Put your purse/wallet away!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 12-01-2018 at 10:55 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    link to BMPA and the number of court appearances they have made was posted earlier on in this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73707416&postcount=8
    • Daveninny
    • By Daveninny 12th Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Daveninny
    Thanks for all the replies. Lots to read. Knowledge is strength. IF it goes further, I will continue to check threads or ask for legal guidance.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 10:55 PM
    • 58,415 Posts
    • 71,930 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    But not from the CAB!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,632Posts Today

9,199Users online

Martin's Twitter