Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hick77s
    • By hick77s 12th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 4Thanks
    hick77s
    Ukcps PCN
    • 12th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    Ukcps PCN 12th Jan 18 at 4:32 PM
    Hi Folks,
    Just looking for advice for where I go with this now.

I believed it was parked on the road where there was no charge adjacent to a car park but as it turns out the parking company UKCPS, Leeds manage this as it is an unadopted road. I have had this confirmed by Manchester city council. It had been parked here previously when it was adopted by the council and it had signs up for 2 hour parking no return for 2 hours etc. These signs have been taken down.
    Anyway the signs that were up were basically A4 word document printed and laminated then stuck on temp fencing which seemed to be surrounding and adjacent redundant building. It was assumed that this fencing and the signeage were for a demolition site not a car park.
    i have had a few letters previously which I have replied to.
    It states that basically my only option is to pay in full.

Any advice on where to take it from here would be gratefully received.
    Note the picture taken in the dark were taken at a later date when the road had been marked with spray paint to better designate parking bays.
    They are wanting £100.00 for what was a £2 parking charge.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by hick77s; 12-01-2018 at 9:05 PM. Reason: going to read the FAQs before I repost
Page 1
    • hick77s
    • By hick77s 12th Jan 18, 4:33 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hick77s
    • 12th Jan 18, 4:33 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 4:33 PM
    • hick77s
    • By hick77s 12th Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hick77s
    • 12th Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMIbnf9JQnE-v1Nh-oK_jpMYm0gYdeqdWbueRRA
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jan 18, 4:54 PM
    • 35,854 Posts
    • 20,090 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jan 18, 4:54 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 4:54 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your post to remove details of the driver

If you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name then ask MSE to change it to something anonymous

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • hick77s
    • By hick77s 12th Jan 18, 6:38 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hick77s
    • 12th Jan 18, 6:38 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 6:38 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys I will read the FAQs and I have emailed the admin to change the username.
    All the best.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 18, 7:07 PM
    • 18,327 Posts
    • 23,205 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:07 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:07 PM
    edit post #1 to remove any hint of who was driving

THE DRIVER was driving on the day

THE KEEPER is the person who receives any postal notices etc

keep it that way , nice and simple

as for this pcn , they wont cancel it whatever you do , but you should send the black text appeal from the NEWBIES sticky thread , then ignore any debt letters for 6 years

come back if ukcps issue a formal LBC or an MCOL via Northampton ccbc WITHIN 6 YEARS

keep all paperwork etc
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • hick77s
    • By hick77s 12th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hick77s
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    Thanks once again for the replies, advice duly noted and actioned.
    Im being really thick here but I cant seem to find the Newbies thread that people keep telling me to go on. Is there any way someone can post a link to it please, if possible?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 18, 9:10 PM
    • 18,327 Posts
    • 23,205 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:10 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:10 PM
    its the third thread down near the top of this forum , so its always above your thread (this thread we are in now)

just click on it and read it , it is required reading for every NEWBIE
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • hick77s
    • By hick77s 12th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hick77s
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    I just cant see it, this is frustrating!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 10:10 PM
    • 58,374 Posts
    • 71,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes you can, unless you are on a phone or tablet seeing a tiny/restricted forum view...

See my signature below (tells you EXACTLY where to click) and use a laptop for a proper forum view.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Jan 18, 10:10 PM
    • 7,667 Posts
    • 7,373 Thanks
    KeithP
    Are you using a phone or tablet device?

Others have reported a similar issue which was resolved when using a web browser on a real computer.

You are looking for a thread with the title:
    **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!
    • hick77s
    • By hick77s 12th Jan 18, 10:12 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hick77s
    Got it at last.
    thanks guys
    • hick77s
    • By hick77s 13th Jan 18, 10:26 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hick77s
    Just wanted to say thanks one more time for all your help and advice.
    I have been working my way through the newbies page. (Now I've found it! Lol)
    As you can see my username has now been updated to hopefully something more anonymous.( Cheers Quentin)

All the best
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 18, 9:58 PM
    • 58,374 Posts
    • 71,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK, so the only thing to add is, come back and reply here if you get a LBCCC or small claim to defend, and in the meantime get down there and take a shedload of photos as evidence of the woeful signs, not for appeal (pointless) but for defence, to win at a hearing.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• paulo8
    • By paulo8 14th Jan 18, 11:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    paulo8
    PCN from same "car park"
    I also had a PCN from UKCPS from this confusing "car park". Having failed their so called appeal process, I am waiting for the stream of debt collectors letters. You have to just weather this blizzard.
    I have also noted the poor & confusing signage at this site: that doesn't refer to the road by name and until recently didn't have a large P parking sign. Also UKCPS or someone else have recently painted parking bays on the street. This is all good ammunition for any future court process.
    You just have to hang in there and await events and only respond to court action.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jan 18, 11:36 PM
    • 58,374 Posts
    • 71,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You should both complain to Trading Standards and your local MP.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

2,902Users online

Martin's Twitter