Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sweet_caroline
    • By sweet_caroline 12th Jan 18, 3:05 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sweet_caroline
    Does anyone have experience of Future Comms?
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:05 PM
    Does anyone have experience of Future Comms? 12th Jan 18 at 3:05 PM
    My brother has asked me to look into this. Future Comms have offered to buy him out of his 3 contract if he commits to them on a SIM only deal for 3 years. He likes the sound of the deal, but the contract they would be buying him out of effectively includes the cost of his S8 and he'll want to replace that phone in, say, 1 year.

Future Comms have said he can upgrade at any time, but doesn't the deal on hinge on whether they get to charge an outrageous amount for a new phone contract in a year's time? And he doesn't know now how much that might be?

Has anyone been through this with them? Are they a decent company or fraudsters? Reviews on trusted pilot go from one extreme to the other.

Thanks for any help/advice

Caroline
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 12th Jan 18, 3:09 PM
    • 33,055 Posts
    • 38,625 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:09 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:09 PM
    Mixed reviews

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.future-comms.co.uk

As you say

I have my doubts about the authenticity of some of the latest ones
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 12th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 7,721 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    I wouldn't go near something like that. Unless it's a business contract I think 3 year contracts are now illegal. If a business contract you'll also find VAT is added and there may be other disadvantages. Promises by dubious outfits are common; the practice often leaves punters in a state on here trying to get themselves out of an expensive mess.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 13th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    • 8,349 Posts
    • 6,168 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    It looks from their website as though they only offer business to business deals which would mean many consumer protection laws may not apply.
    • Debi79
    • By Debi79 10th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Debi79
    • 10th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:19 AM
    I have plenty of bad experience with this bad company. They hounded us into a three year contract and promised to pay 1000 get out fee to EE now we had to pay it and three months later still not had refund. All they do is pass u around the system. Now we taking them to court
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 10th May 18, 1:52 PM
    • 1,472 Posts
    • 716 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 10th May 18, 1:52 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:52 PM
    3 year contract, who are they kidding? Does not bode well when they cannot even create a web site, if theirs is this one:
    http://www.future-comms.co.uk/
    It is currently under construction...

You have to wonder how middlemen can offer a better deal than going direct to the network. In addition they need to make a profit, and I guess that profit comes from their customers. I would shop around and certainly not entertain this kind of offer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

921Posts Today

7,191Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin