Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sweet_caroline
    • By sweet_caroline 12th Jan 18, 3:05 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sweet_caroline
    Does anyone have experience of Future Comms?
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:05 PM
    Does anyone have experience of Future Comms? 12th Jan 18 at 3:05 PM
    My brother has asked me to look into this. Future Comms have offered to buy him out of his 3 contract if he commits to them on a SIM only deal for 3 years. He likes the sound of the deal, but the contract they would be buying him out of effectively includes the cost of his S8 and he'll want to replace that phone in, say, 1 year.

Future Comms have said he can upgrade at any time, but doesn't the deal on hinge on whether they get to charge an outrageous amount for a new phone contract in a year's time? And he doesn't know now how much that might be?

Has anyone been through this with them? Are they a decent company or fraudsters? Reviews on trusted pilot go from one extreme to the other.

Thanks for any help/advice

Caroline
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 12th Jan 18, 3:09 PM
    • 34,034 Posts
    • 40,150 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:09 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:09 PM
    Mixed reviews

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.future-comms.co.uk

As you say

I have my doubts about the authenticity of some of the latest ones
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 12th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 7,920 Posts
    • 2,626 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    I wouldn't go near something like that. Unless it's a business contract I think 3 year contracts are now illegal. If a business contract you'll also find VAT is added and there may be other disadvantages. Promises by dubious outfits are common; the practice often leaves punters in a state on here trying to get themselves out of an expensive mess.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 13th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    • 9,564 Posts
    • 7,211 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    It looks from their website as though they only offer business to business deals which would mean many consumer protection laws may not apply.
    • Debi79
    • By Debi79 10th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Debi79
    • 10th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:19 AM
    I have plenty of bad experience with this bad company. They hounded us into a three year contract and promised to pay 1000 get out fee to EE now we had to pay it and three months later still not had refund. All they do is pass u around the system. Now we taking them to court
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 10th May 18, 1:52 PM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 849 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 10th May 18, 1:52 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:52 PM
    3 year contract, who are they kidding? Does not bode well when they cannot even create a web site, if theirs is this one:
    http://www.future-comms.co.uk/
    It is currently under construction...

You have to wonder how middlemen can offer a better deal than going direct to the network. In addition they need to make a profit, and I guess that profit comes from their customers. I would shop around and certainly not entertain this kind of offer.
    • Lak roopra
    • By Lak roopra 16th Aug 18, 9:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lak roopra
    • 16th Aug 18, 9:17 AM
    Future comms
    • 16th Aug 18, 9:17 AM
    Hi all I've been having a very bad experience with Future comms they owe me over £500 through cashback. I tookout 3 contracts and only received cashback twice. Its been over 6 months and I have only had false promises.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 16th Aug 18, 6:11 PM
    • 7,920 Posts
    • 2,626 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 16th Aug 18, 6:11 PM
    • 16th Aug 18, 6:11 PM
    Hi all I've been having a very bad experience with Future comms they owe me over £500 through cashback. I tookout 3 contracts and only received cashback twice. Its been over 6 months and I have only had false promises.
    Originally posted by Lak roopra
    Then you've waited about 5 months too long to do something about it. LBA, small claims court. Though that depends on a basic understanding of any mobile contract involving cashback and given your current post it seems highly likely that you haven't done any research beforehand.
    • Rosiehitchins
    • By Rosiehitchins 29th Nov 18, 2:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rosiehitchins
    • 29th Nov 18, 2:36 PM
    • 29th Nov 18, 2:36 PM
    In April 2017 “Future Communications” rang me on my mobile in the afternoon while I was shopping. I can’t remember the exact conversation but a young man who identified himself as “Rob” asked me if I was in business and I said “yes”. He never asked me what business that might be. He then promised me that they could offer me a better deal than I already had with my mobile phone provider. He said that it would cost no more than £9 a month. A day or two later he rang again and explained further details of the contract which involved me paying “O2” £36 a month and then future communications paying me £25 back. I found this a bit odd.

At that moment I explained that I was very busy in the middle of packing to go on holiday and would have more time to consider his proposition when I came back. However “Rob” was most insistent that we could finalize the deal immediately. It all happened so quickly that I cannot remember any of the details of how I signed anything – but am sure beyond all doubt that “Rob” never showed me the terms and conditions of the contract that I was signing, which I signed straight away. However, my clear understanding was that the contract would simply run as promised for it full duration before it came to an end, and then I assumed I would be informed before we may negotiate a new one.

In about May/June they rang me again on my mobile and offered me a more expensive deal which I declined because I was already happy with what I already had. I clearly explained that..

However, last Wednesday when I checked my bank statement I found to my horror that the last payment that they had made to me was in May.

I rang up on Thursday, very clearly distressed and ended up speaking to three different people. One apologised and then told me a story about how he had tried to get in touch with me (he did not say when) but for some completely unexplainable reason had not managed to do so. He then assured me that I would get my missing £150 back. He offered no further explanation of how they had neglected to uphold their half of the contract.

The same person then told me that I would need a new contract. In my flustered state because I had it in my head that I needed this new contract to see my £150 – I agreed and was put through to a final man who only instructed me to sign electronically in two places but never offered to show me the terms and conditions. I signed immediately. There was a link at the bottom of the contract for the terms and conditions – but when I later clicked on it – it led nowhere.
    Obviously in retrospect I have been naïve to say the least – but having now gone on line and seen many reviews by other unfortunate customers of these people – I can see that in many instances their story is chillingly similar in most respects to mine.. and that no one gets their money back unless they take legal action. All that I have been through appears to be how they consistently operate in order to knowingly defraud people. Given that I struggle to understand why the police are not involved in investigating this behaviour, let alone that they are still allowed to operate.

The new contract with O2 is £26.40 per month. I cannot afford this without the rebate from Future Comms. I’ve spoken with O2 but they will not allow me to cancel the contract without penalty. I would have to pay over £500. To complicate matters, this cancellation fee would be for the previous contract as the new one doesn’t seem to have gone through yet. I don’t know what the fee would be for the new contract. I am sick with worry and have had trouble sleeping.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 29th Nov 18, 2:53 PM
    • 11,366 Posts
    • 4,988 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Its a business contract not consumer .
    As such you are supposed to take care of your contracts and decisions .

<<hey consistently operate in order to knowingly defraud people. Given that I struggle to understand why the police are not involved in investigating this>

You have informed the police ?? Or have they told you its a civil matter .

My suggestion if you are a business is to find/ ask your local small business forum / advisor . Or as a business take advice from your legal firm .
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 29th Nov 18, 3:03 PM
    • 3,884 Posts
    • 2,051 Thanks
    ballyblack
    bit of a pattern here.

Do o2 sell your details on to a third party and consumers get called up to open a business account?

Outfits being mentioned here in complaints include

Aerial direct
    Future Comms
    Prestige Telecom
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,640Posts Today

7,593Users online

Martin's Twitter