Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ..ukeuro
    • By ..ukeuro 12th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 22Thanks
    ..ukeuro
    New Build - DIY Snagging
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    New Build - DIY Snagging 12th Jan 18 at 2:42 PM
    Dear All, I am currently awaiting to move into my new Taylor Wimpey home. All being well, I should hopefully move in within the next 6-8 weeks. Contracts have been exchanged. Whilst I am aware, that the builders / developers do their own snagging of the property, I have read numerous reports online about people who have moved into new build homes, only to then be left with several / numerous snagging problems. I am aware that no new build home is ever perfect. Therefore, when I have my own home demonstration visit, I would really like to be well equipped and do my own snagging. With this in mind, can anyone advise of any online DIY snagging checklists, or can anyone advise if I should (or can!?!) use a professional snagger? Any opinions / suggestions appreciated. Thank you!!
Page 1
    • Kiran
    • By Kiran 12th Jan 18, 3:53 PM
    • 1,158 Posts
    • 506 Thanks
    Kiran
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:53 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:53 PM
    No problem using a professional, you are entitled to seek help if you need it however you will pay the bill for this service. Unfortunately there isn't going to be a checklist showing you everything you need to look out for, that comes through experience of snagging buildings.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
    • Nile
    • By Nile 12th Jan 18, 7:14 PM
    • 14,299 Posts
    • 14,257 Thanks
    Nile
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:14 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:14 PM
    Dear All, I am currently awaiting to move into my new Taylor Wimpey home. All being well, I should hopefully move in within the next 6-8 weeks. Contracts have been exchanged. Whilst I am aware, that the builders / developers do their own snagging of the property, I have read numerous reports online about people who have moved into new build homes, only to then be left with several / numerous snagging problems. I am aware that no new build home is ever perfect. Therefore, when I have my own home demonstration visit, I would really like to be well equipped and do my own snagging. With this in mind, can anyone advise of any online DIY snagging checklists, or can anyone advise if I should (or can!?!) use a professional snagger? Any opinions / suggestions appreciated. Thank you!!
    Originally posted by ..ukeuro
    Hi ukeuro

I hope you'll get lots of tips from our helpful members, my tip is to take a tape measure with you.

When my home was being built, I spotted that underneath the utility room sink, the two spaces for white goods weren't even/equal. It resulted in an extra wide space on one side and the other space was far too narrow/small for anything to fit. I got them to rip it out and start again...........well before I got the keys and moved in.

I hope all goes well and you'll be very happy in your new home.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

1,399Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin