Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • multimum
    • By multimum 12th Jan 18, 1:26 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 13Thanks
    multimum
    ParkingEye ignoring my letters, now have Letter Before County Court Claim
    • 12th Jan 18, 1:26 PM
    ParkingEye ignoring my letters, now have Letter Before County Court Claim 12th Jan 18 at 1:26 PM
    Hello,
    I've read the newbie thread but can't find anything similar to this.

In November I received a PCN from ParkingEye as I had unwittingly overstayed in a retail car park by 11 minutes. I immediately appealed and sent copies of receipts showing I had been using the shops there. At the end of December I received another letter from them saying that as I had "not responded" to their letter, I was no longer entitled to pay the reduced rate and needed to immediately pay the full £70. Again I wrote straight back referring them to my letter of appeal and asking why they had not responded to that - was my appeal rejected, if so surely I still had the chance to pay the reduced rate etc? I sent that second letter by Recorded Delivery after wondering if they hadn't received my appeal letter.

Yesterday I received a third letter from them which was Letter Before County Court Claim. Again, no mention of my letter of appeal, nor my second letter.

Has anyone had any experience of this? How do I communicate with them when they ignore my letters? What should I do now?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is causing me a lot of worry. I have tried calling the company but the phone number given is only one for taking payment. Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 35,854 Posts
    • 20,090 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    Go to the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum (#2) to learn about how to deal with a lbcca and defending a court claim.

Put your rebuttal letter ( and defence) up here for comments before sending them
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 18, 2:59 PM
    • 18,327 Posts
    • 23,205 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:59 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:59 PM
    you missed post #5 of that NEWBIES sticky thread , where the COMPLAINTS information is

complain by email to the BPA and to the DVLA about the lack of acceptance of your appeals, enclosing copies of all paperwork and copies of any PO receipts etc too, plus if it was sent "recorded" , which is now called "signed for" , check if it was SIGNED FOR by PE , to show proof of receipt (which is why you did RECORDED in the first place)

this may prompt PE to issue a popla code , or even a cancellation
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • multimum
    • By multimum 13th Jan 18, 12:33 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    multimum
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:33 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

Quentin, would this still be the case even though they have ignored all my correspondence?

Redx, that sounds good. I don!!!8217;t have a scanner so if I complain to DVLA and BPA by email I can!!!8217;t include evidence. Is there any disadvantage to complaining by post?
    • multimum
    • By multimum 13th Jan 18, 12:34 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    multimum
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:34 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:34 PM
    Oh, and yes, I checked and my second letter was delivered and signed for. I have the date, time and name of person who signed, so no disputing it!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    • 3,384 Posts
    • 4,500 Thanks
    waamo
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    Post is fine. As long as there is a paper trail it doesn!!!8217;t matter if it!!!8217;s email or snail mail.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    • 17,982 Posts
    • 28,468 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    I don!!!8217;t have a scanner so if I complain to DVLA and BPA by email I can!!!8217;t include evidence
    Do you own a phone with a camera function?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 58,374 Posts
    • 71,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    Oh, and yes, I checked and my second letter was delivered and signed for. I have the date, time and name of person who signed, so no disputing it!
    Originally posted by multimum
    There is, because your first letter wasn't. Oh dear. Why not appeal online, why write to Parking Eye snail mail with no proof? Eeek.

A classic example of why NEVER EVER to send a letter to Parking Eye. The NEWBIES thread warns against it.

An online appeal would have seen you at POPLA by now, and an 11 minute 'overstay' is a winner if you word it right (e.g., describe the car park and how busy it was before Christmas, and that it took 5-6 minutes to find a space, then six or seven minutes to leave after parking time, weaving out past pedestrians and moving cars then waiting to rejoin the busy road).

Not a breach, no Grace Period fairly applied.

Easy to win at POPLA, but missed due to not appealing online as advised here. Hope the BPA get it rewound to POPLA code stage, so you can win as you should have done. If not, then you can win on the same basis, in court.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-01-2018 at 6:09 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• multimum
    • By multimum 13th Jan 18, 10:30 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    multimum
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:30 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:30 PM
    Again, thanks for the help everyone.

Iím not very tech-savvy so thatís why I wrote instead of emailed; so I could include copies of receipts. Never even thought of taking photo of them and including it on email!

In hindsight I really wish Iíd thought to look on here in the first place and hopefully it would have been dealt with by now. Will try and get to grips with this on Monday.

Do I copy ParkingEye in on my complaints to DVLA and BPA? Or wait until I hear back from DVLA and/or BPA? Really donít want it to look like I have ignored their recent letter and find myself in even more trouble? In case you canít tell, anxiety is my middle name and Iíve never been in this position before!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 58,374 Posts
    • 71,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    so I could include copies of receipts.
    You could have uploaded them, even I have done so to PE before, and I'm not very tech-savvy. You could not have emailed an appeal. Their appeals page itself allows uploads of attachments.

I would email PE urgently as you CANNOT ignore a LBCCC:

enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

with the PCN number in the subject line. Copy them in, or forward, your BPA/DVLA complaints and ask PE to explain why they ignored your two letters, why they didn't allow a fair grace period (start and end) and ask AGAIN for a POPLA code.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

3,089Users online

Martin's Twitter