Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ivor Pecheque
    • By Ivor Pecheque 12th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 732Posts
    • 1,349Thanks
    Ivor Pecheque
    Outcome of ICO decision FS50633501 Macc Hospital
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    Outcome of ICO decision FS50633501 Macc Hospital 12th Jan 18 at 12:40 PM
    Hi all,

i wonder if anybody knows the outcome of ICO decision noted FS50633501 (https://search.ico.org.uk/ico/search) ?

If I've interpreted it correctly, I think it's saying that East Cheshire NHS Trust has to reveal the amount of charges issued by Parking Eye in the trust for 2015.

I can't actually find the actual number.

If this is the case, I'd like to find out the numbers for 2016 and 2017 also. I guess that would be a simple FOI request to the trust ??

Cheers,
    Ivor.
    Illegitimi non carborundum
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    • 58,461 Posts
    • 71,972 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    Can't see the resulting link, Ivor.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th Jan 18, 11:27 PM
    • 3,010 Posts
    • 4,578 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:27 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:27 PM
    Try this>
    https://ico.org.uk/media/action-weve-taken/decision-notices/2017/2013841/fs50633501.pdf
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Jan 18, 11:38 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:38 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:38 PM
    The Commissioner is not convinced that disclosing the number of notices
    issued, whether this is high or low, would change the behaviour of any
    future bidders for car park services.

so its not about management , its about income from tickets
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    • 3,010 Posts
    • 4,578 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    The Commissioner is not convinced that disclosing the number of notices
    issued, whether this is high or low, would change the behaviour of any
    future bidders for car park services.

so its not about management , its about income from tickets
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Exactly, but further to that, if Parking Eye only take the "penalty" income what is the "bid" they are talking about?
    Could it be the backhander they give back from their ill gotten gains?

If disclosing the information showed a significant revenue encouraged more "bidders" surely that's a better deal for the trust, why are they so intent on protecting PE?

The whole thing as usual stinks, so as this was a decision on 27th March 2017 what was the final outcome, there doesn't seem to have been a follow up on that ref no?
    Last edited by fisherjim; 13-01-2018 at 9:14 AM.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 13th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    • 4,159 Posts
    • 5,895 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    Exactly, but further to that, if Parking Eye only take the "penalty" income what is the "bid" they are talking about?
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

Contracted-out car parking

NHS organisations are responsible for the actions of private contractors who run car parks on their behalf.
    NHS organisations should act against rogue contractors in line with the relevant codes of practice6where applicable.
    Contracts should not be let on any basis that incentivises additional charges, eg !!!8216;income from parking charge notices only!!!8217;.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Ivor Pecheque
    • By Ivor Pecheque 13th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    • 732 Posts
    • 1,349 Thanks
    Ivor Pecheque
    • 13th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    Coupon Mad apologies about that, tried to load it from my phone, but it is indeed the link Fisherjim kindly posted in the post below yours.

Te situation at Macclesfield, as far as I know, is that PE were comissioned by The Board some 3+ years ago. I believe they wished to move in on nearby Congleton and Knutsford Hospitals, (who come under the same Trust), but this was vetoed by the local MP.

In terms of "cost" to the Trust, the management service is provided for "free" by PE. This is well documented, in the Trusts Newsletters, and if subsequent FOI requests.

With regard to the ICO decision, I'm particularly interested in this...

3. The Commissioner requires the public authority to take the following
    steps to ensure compliance with the legislation.
    !!!8226; Disclose the number of people that incurred penalty notices in 2015
    Should I write to the ICO or the hospital perhaps ?
    Last edited by Ivor Pecheque; 13-01-2018 at 1:39 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 18, 5:53 PM
    • 58,461 Posts
    • 71,972 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jan 18, 5:53 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 5:53 PM
    Submit a fresh FOI under the WhatdoTheyKnow website, asking the Hospital to disclose ALL years figures of PCNs issued (all 3 years) and point out that they already know they MUST supply this information due to the ICO decision which said:

3. The Commissioner requires the public authority to take the following
    steps to ensure compliance with the legislation.
    !!!8226; Disclose the number of people that incurred penalty notices in 2015
    And I would ALSO ask for all paperwork, emails and minutes of any meetings where the 'NHS Car Parking Principles' were discussed during the time that ParkingEye have been infesting the site, and any policy decisions made as a result, including decisions not to change the policies/contract, and the justification for that:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

And ask for a third thing:

The number of complaints (not just formal complaints but all logged complaints by whatever means) about ParkingEye's operation, and what the issues were. And how many times the Trust stepped in to cancel PCNs when ParkingEye would not.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Ivor Pecheque
    • By Ivor Pecheque 13th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 732 Posts
    • 1,349 Thanks
    Ivor Pecheque
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    Many thanks CM.

They are very slippery, fab pointers, I'm going to disect them into seperate requests, I think :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,365Posts Today

7,397Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin