Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jaywood89
    • By Jaywood89 12th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    • 160Posts
    • 72Thanks
    Jaywood89
    The wait is killing me! FTB
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    The wait is killing me! FTB 12th Jan 18 at 12:10 PM
    Using a broker agreed a DIP with Natwest

3/1/18 application submitted
    5/1/18 latest payslip forwarded as only just received
    10/1/18 survey completed and came back ok
    11/1/18 Natwest have wrote to employer for reference to sick leave in December to confirm I am back at work

So now Iím just sat here in limbo with no further info as I work for the government so add that to the royal postal service and I probably wonít know until 2019!!

Brokers arenít helping my stress as they seem very meh!
    If they were being more positive maybe I would f be stressing so much but hey!.

Iím also worried they donít it does get declined by the underwriter I wonít get me survey fee back because they booked it too soon without a form decision.

Not sure if anyone has any advice or words of support?
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 12th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    • 33,575 Posts
    • 18,212 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    If you are back at work, the letter will confirm it and your offer will be issued.

Not much else anyone can say, TBH.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Jaywood89
    • By Jaywood89 12th Jan 18, 2:09 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Jaywood89
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:09 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:09 PM
    Thanks for reply, I!!!8217;m just worried cus when I asked if all we need now is the reference, the broker said !!!8220;it!!!8217;s hard to say until we get the reference back!!!8221; so I!!!8217;m worried if there!!!8217;s something they aren!!!8217;t sharing because i believed they wouldn!!!8217;t preform a survey on something they plan to decline? I know I!!!8217;m over thinking things but the whole experience has been awful up to now
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 12th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 33,575 Posts
    • 18,212 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    NatWest, in common with most lenders, instructs the valuation on day one. There is no "application accepted" milestone which triggers the valuation instruction.

However, it usually manages to identify and communicate its requirements within a couple of days and does not usually come back for more unless there are questions generated by the items supplied.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 12th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    • 33,575 Posts
    • 18,212 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    Have you got your app number and are you tracking the progress of the application?

https://www.tracker.natwest.com/nwb/mortgageapp/tracker/login.jsp
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 12th Jan 18, 3:21 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:21 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:21 PM
    Think positive - they could've declined already .

We found our application with NatWest to be pretty easy, they asked for more information on things a few times after the valuation had been done - definitely worth getting the reference to use the Tracker as you can see if they've looked at the information sent over from your broker / employer yet.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

307Posts Today

3,762Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin