Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kevin Sargeant
    • By Kevin Sargeant 12th Jan 18, 11:33 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kevin Sargeant
    Help with unpaid ppi
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:33 AM
    Help with unpaid ppi 12th Jan 18 at 11:33 AM
    Can someone give me advice please on this problem. I claimed PPI against HFC BANK, Their accounts are now run by HSBC. I received a fairly prompt reply saying I was entitled to just under 5000. I was told I had to provide ID for myself and my wife. To verify this i had to take my documents to their local branch. I went there and they although I was fine I was unable to verify my wife as she had no documents from their list A, One of which is required. To rectify this I had to change her driving licence from the old paper one to the photo type. This was eventually done and we returned to the branch in early November where our documents were photocopied by a lady who said she would forward them to the PPI team.
    Since then I have heard nothing until today when I received a letter from HSBC stating that my case is now closed. Is there any further action I can take on this, I think its possible that the girl in the branch did not forward the documents. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 17,216 Posts
    • 18,295 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    Ask them why the case is closed.
    • Kevin Sargeant
    • By Kevin Sargeant 12th Jan 18, 12:31 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kevin Sargeant
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:31 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:31 PM
    Thats easier said than done, The only contact with them is by letter. No phone number or E-Mail. I suspect that our identity check that was done in branch was not received by them for whatever reason. There must be a time limit that has expired.
    No explanation on letter.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 17,216 Posts
    • 18,295 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/contact-us/payment-protection-insurance

How to complain about PPI

We're sorry that you have a concern about PPI and we promise to do our best to investigate your complaint as swiftly as we can. In any event, we'll be in touch within eight weeks.

If you have already made a complaint, there's no need to do anything further, unless we advise you otherwise. We'll review it as soon as possible and then write to you confirming the outcome of our investigation.
    You can tell us about your complaint in the following ways:

By Post
    Complete our PPI questionnaire This link will open in a new browser window and send it to us at:
    HSBC, PPI Complaints
    PO BOX 6177
    COVENTRY
    CV3 9HP

By Phone
    03457 404 404 (Text phone 18001 08457 125 563)

Lines are open from 8am to 8pm every day except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. Calls may be monitored or recorded.

etc etc
    • Kevin Sargeant
    • By Kevin Sargeant 12th Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kevin Sargeant
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    Where did you magic that phone number up from, I have had 4 letters from them and none have had a phone number on only had the above address. Also the girl in the branch said it was not possible to contact them by phone.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Jan 18, 3:55 PM
    • 17,216 Posts
    • 18,295 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:55 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:55 PM
    http://bfy.tw/G0xc
    • Kevin Sargeant
    • By Kevin Sargeant 12th Jan 18, 6:29 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kevin Sargeant
    • 12th Jan 18, 6:29 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 6:29 PM
    Thanks for that, don't know why they couldn't put that number on their letter.
    • Kevin Sargeant
    • By Kevin Sargeant 15th Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kevin Sargeant
    • 15th Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    • 15th Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    zx81, Thanks for your assistance, The HSBC number you posted turns out to be for their current customers only.
    The one for non customer PPI Queries is 03451 602 3793.
    I am not a customer as my complaint was against HFC BANK

It seems that when we visited their branch and had our ID's checked the girl either did not forward them to the PPI Dept, or did send them but they never arrived.
    We now have to attend the branch for the third time for ID checks.
    Many thanks for your help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,971Posts Today

8,329Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin