Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loken152
    • By loken152 12th Jan 18, 11:13 AM
    • 46Posts
    • 70Thanks
    loken152
    First time buyer, Zero hours
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:13 AM
    First time buyer, Zero hours 12th Jan 18 at 11:13 AM
    Me and my wife looking at buying house in the next 3-6 months, we a deposit ready to go. But my wife has now become very worried that we won't get a mortgage, as she is on a zero hours contract, what to honest actually works very well for our current lifestyle whilst children are young. She keeps reading articles saying that lenders wont even consider you if your on a zero hours and she has now hit the dumps thinking that all this work has been for nothing. As we won't be able to borrow enough on my wages alone. Has anyone experienced getting a mortgage and one of you being on a zero hours contract?
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 12th Jan 18, 11:18 AM
    • 17,042 Posts
    • 8,928 Thanks
    ACG
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:18 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:18 AM
    Some lenders will take the last P60 or 2 and use that, others will take a slightly different stance but assuming she has done it long enough then there will likely be lenders out there.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,096Posts Today

7,055Users online

Martin's Twitter