Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • K.A.P
    • By K.A.P 12th Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    • 19Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Removing my Ex
    • #1
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    Removing my Ex 12th Jan 18 at 10:56 AM
    Some advice, my ex-partner and I split around 7 years ago. We had a joint mortgage, I put in £85,000 which I can prove as it was from my old property solely in my name but no declaration of trust.

    We did however have it on the deeds that I own 67% he owns 33%, Property was bought for £250,000 now worth £270,000, I have provided 3 valuations, financials are £270,000 property valuation minus £165,000 interest only mortgage.

    Share to him after costs of estate agents for sale and conveyancing are £33,333. I have offered him £30,000 this he did accept now is messing me around.

    This is after saying he would take £25,000 then changing his mind and making it £33,000.
    He basically wants a gagging order, I have said I will sign this but it is not legally binding on the condition that he does not contact me and allows my family to move on with our lives.

    He has said he would rather keep his investment, can he force me to not by him out or sell?

    There is a personal circumstance that makes this quite difficult everything has to be done via solicitorís and he is scared as well that if I tell his governing body something he may lose his livelihood, and potentially his family name that he has built in the new area he lives as he has something on his criminal record that he has been convicted of against my family that has not been disclosed to them and that would not be liked by the people in his area.

    All I want is to be able to move on with my life, can he either A) say he doesnít want to cash in his investment? Or B) Refuse to sign unless I sign something legal to say I wonít talk, this I cannot do in the eyes of the law as a civil matter cannot be brought into a transfer of equity.
Page 1
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 12th Jan 18, 11:22 AM
    • 1,110 Posts
    • 1,222 Thanks
    • #2
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:22 AM
    • #2
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:22 AM
    Which post do you want us to answer on?
    • K.A.P
    • By K.A.P 12th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    • #3
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    • #3
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    Other one please, i wasn't sure where to put it x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

289Posts Today

3,707Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

  • Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling

  • Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

  • Follow Martin