Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SunshineLondon
    • By SunshineLondon 11th Jan 18, 11:41 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    SunshineLondon
    mortgage surplus
    • 11th Jan 18, 11:41 PM
    mortgage surplus 11th Jan 18 at 11:41 PM
    hi everyone

quick question - we have had our offer through but there was couple of things I just wanted to ask

we will have a surplus once existing mortgage is redeemed - the mortgage questionnaire I filled our for Enact says that the payment of surplus will be by electronic money transfer - is the same as Faster Payment/BACS? my account is a standard current account which my salary goes into so I assume this will be ok?

secondly - we have a condition in the offer which states' it is your responsibility to repay any borrowing which is being consolidated as part of this transaction' - so will Enact ask us for proof? or just expect us to do it?

thanks for any help!
Page 1
    • pramsay13
    • By pramsay13 12th Jan 18, 12:33 AM
    • 388 Posts
    • 843 Thanks
    pramsay13
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:33 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:33 AM
    firstly your current account is fine.
    secondly i don't have experience of enact but I haven't been asked for proof before.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

55Posts Today

2,535Users online

Martin's Twitter