Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rustywallet
    • By rustywallet 11th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 119Posts
    • 17Thanks
    rustywallet
    Microsoft office
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    Microsoft office 11th Jan 18 at 8:53 PM
    My Office is about to expire (it originally came free with laptop).
    I can see that it's pretty expensive on the microsoft site (i was looking at 'Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 for 1 PC' It's much cheaper to buy on Amazon. I was wondering how I can make sure they are selling genuine copies?

Thanks,
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 11th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 18,812 Posts
    • 12,996 Thanks
    molerat
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    How can you make sure - if not from Amazon themselves you can't.

What OS are you running ? Are you averse to an Office alternative ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • rustywallet
    • By rustywallet 11th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    rustywallet
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I'm using windows 10 home.

One of my jobs involves sending info. as an excel file, so it's best I stick to Office, also it's what I'm used to using...
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 12th Jan 18, 7:13 AM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 1,650 Thanks
    Jon 01
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:13 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:13 AM
    I bought an Office 2016 code from an Amazon seller before Christmas for about 7 and it works fine. I even had to call MS support about a problem with Word and it was fine. . .
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 12th Jan 18, 7:23 AM
    • 5,799 Posts
    • 2,264 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:23 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:23 AM
    i recently bought office 2016 from ebay - 4.50 ish. activation code sent within minutes with links to download from microsoft. has been working fine for last 3 months. goes without saying but just make sure you buy from a seller with good feedback
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • rustywallet
    • By rustywallet 12th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    rustywallet
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    Great thanks everyone.
    • wongataa
    • By wongataa 12th Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    • 1,343 Posts
    • 789 Thanks
    wongataa
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    My Office is about to expire (it originally came free with laptop).
    I can see that it's pretty expensive on the microsoft site (i was looking at 'Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 for 1 PC' It's much cheaper to buy on Amazon. I was wondering how I can make sure they are selling genuine copies?

Thanks,
    Originally posted by rustywallet
    If you buy software from Amazon itself, not 3rd party sellers on Amazon, it will be genuine. Software from 3rd party sellers on Amazon may or may not be genuine. It is up to you whether you want to take the risk. I buy MS Office from Amazon as it is cheaper than from MS. I get sent an actvation code, put that in my MS Office account and I am good to go for another year.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

294Posts Today

3,595Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin