Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rob800
    • By rob800 11th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    rob800
    Error on parking PCN - invalid ? Help please
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    Error on parking PCN - invalid ? Help please 11th Jan 18 at 8:01 PM
    Help please. I got a windscreen pcn today from VCS, due to one wheel being over the white line in a parking bay in a retail park- total joke. Anyway I have logged onto the myparkingcharge.co.uk to look at the details. They have got the vehicle model wrong, would this error be enough to invalidate it ? also on the windscreen pcn they did not complete the date and time sections on one side of it, would this help me at all ?

Thanks for any help
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 18,334 Posts
    • 23,225 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    no , nothing will "invalidate it"

that windscreen notice is just a note to say the driver may have broken the rules and should not be taken seriously (its been discussed at great length on this forum over the last 12 months or so)

wait for the NTK to come in the post and use the black text appeal to appeal as KEEPER (not as driver) in a couple of weeks time
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 58,434 Posts
    • 71,936 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    Help please. I got a windscreen pcn today from VCS, due to one wheel being over the white line in a parking bay in a retail park- total joke. Anyway I have logged onto the myparkingcharge.co.uk to look at the details.
    Originally posted by rob800
    Search the forum for:

myparkingcharge.co.uk

been discussed to death!

They have got the vehicle model wrong, would this error be enough to invalidate it ? also on the windscreen pcn they did not complete the date and time sections on one side of it
    No it's deliberate to make drivers rush to dob themselves in as driver, thinking the 'charge' is invalid!!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• rob800
    • By rob800 12th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rob800
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    Realistically what is the chance of me beating it in your experience please ?. As unfair as it is, they do have photos of my car parked with a wheel outside the white line. The car next door was parked crap so I had to be further over or would have damaged either car when opening the doors. I wasn't causing an obstruction or any issue at all but it does say on the sign you have to be parked within the bay though. Do I really have grounds to beat it ? I want to appeal it but then if it is rejected I will end up paying the full 100 won't I ?

Thanks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jan 18, 12:59 PM
    • 35,869 Posts
    • 20,109 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:59 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:59 PM
    See the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum.

Individual circs make no difference to the way you go about dealing with this.

Throughout though you are advised never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your posts to remove details of who was driving
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

169Posts Today

1,427Users online

Martin's Twitter