Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DavidT67
    • By DavidT67 11th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 62Posts
    • 24Thanks
    DavidT67
    iShares not dealable since start of year
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    iShares not dealable since start of year 11th Jan 18 at 7:52 PM
    Checking my ISAs this week found that all iShares are not dealable for either buy or sell on the Share centre platform currently.
    Still waiting on a callback from customer service to find out when this situation is going to be resolved.
    Assuming this is due to Blackrock's non compliance with new regulations?
Page 1
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 11th Jan 18, 10:33 PM
    • 582 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:33 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:33 PM
    Be interested what they say; I haven't tried trading any iShares so far this year . Can you trade other shares OK? (customers had to complete forms too).
    • Sean473
    • By Sean473 11th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Sean473
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    Checking my ISAs this week found that all iShares are not dealable for either buy or sell on the Share centre platform currently.
    Still waiting on a callback from customer service to find out when this situation is going to be resolved.
    Assuming this is due to Blackrock's non compliance with new regulations?
    Originally posted by DavidT67
    Yes, I think that this is most likely reason tbh...
    • sixpence.
    • By sixpence. 11th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    sixpence.
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    I've just bought some Ishares and it was fine.
    • fwor
    • By fwor 12th Jan 18, 1:07 AM
    • 6,015 Posts
    • 4,071 Thanks
    fwor
    • 12th Jan 18, 1:07 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 1:07 AM
    Some of the Ishares products have been delisted permanently from the LSE from late December last year, but others have not.

Have you checked whether this applies to any of yours? For example SEMS has delisted and is now only available as an alternative product denominated in USD, while IWFS for example can still be traded on the LSE.

If yours have been delisted, you may have been informed by being told of a "corporate action" - I suspect that many investors will not know what that means initially - I certainly didn't!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,323Users online

Martin's Twitter