Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jonestom
    • By jonestom 11th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 7Thanks
    jonestom
    Overstay at paid car park
    • 11th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    Overstay at paid car park 11th Jan 18 at 5:11 PM
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for best advice regarding wording my appeal to an IPC registered company Excel Parking.
    I have copied the template for the appeal, but not all of the wording in it seems relevant to my case.
    I am the owner of the vehicle, not the driver. I have received the PCN and NTK. The contravention stated: Parked after the expiry of the time purchased.
    The car expiry time was 15.33, the driver arrived back at the car as the Parking Attendant was issuing the PCN. The driver asked if there wasn't any period of grace, the attendant said '10/11 minutes' the attendant was writing the time on the PCN as 15.45hrs the driver argued that if that indeed is the right time (15.45hrs and my ticket is paid up to 15.33hrs and I have 11 minutes grace, I am being done for 1 minute over. Before the driver drove off, he took a photograph of the clock in the car with the PCN time next to it just for his record.The car clock time was 15.49, therefore from arriving at the car, to disputing things with the attendant, the issuing of the PCN and driving off, he was still only 16 minutes later than his ticket expiry time.
    In this car park, you find your space, park up,choose your parking duration, input the car reg, put your money in, obtain your ticket and display it in the car.
    The signage in the car park does state that a PCN will be issued on overstay, it doesn't mention periods of grace.
    Another point that may or may not be relevant, on the NTK PCN I have received by post, the contravention time is stated as 15.49hrs, which differs from the 15.45hrs on the PCN written by the attendant
    I would be very grateful for any help with the wording of the appeal letter.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 36,819 Posts
    • 83,308 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 11th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    You are dealing with scammers. Nothing you say or do will make any difference, so just send the IPC template exactly as is. If/when it is rejected, you do nothing unless you get real court papers.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jan 18, 5:16 PM
    • 35,913 Posts
    • 20,185 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Jan 18, 5:16 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 5:16 PM
    If you got the template letter from the Newbies FAQ thread then you should know that appeals to IPC companies are futile.

The idea of the letter is just to be able to show a judge in future you didn't simply ignore the issue
    • jonestom
    • By jonestom 11th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    jonestom
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    Overstay at paid carpark
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    Thanks Quentin/Fruitcake. Message understood. Cheers.
    • jonestom
    • By jonestom 31st Jan 18, 2:52 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    jonestom
    • 31st Jan 18, 2:52 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 2:52 PM
    I sent the template letter exactly as it was, not adding or detracting anything from it, to the Parking Company.
    They have rejected the appeal and said they won't accept any more appeals and I either pay up or go through an appeal to the individual Appeals Service (IAS) Fruitcake advised, following rejection, to ignore anything until court papers arrive. Any advice will be appreciated.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 31st Jan 18, 3:00 PM
    • 35,913 Posts
    • 20,185 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 31st Jan 18, 3:00 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 3:00 PM
    A rejection is the norm with IPC companies (as #3)

The whole "journey" from receipt of ticket right through to a court hearing is covered in the newbies faq thread

Read up on the futility of IAS appeals

Ignore everything now except a LBCCA or Court correspondence
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 31st Jan 18, 3:02 PM
    • 9,520 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 31st Jan 18, 3:02 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 3:02 PM
    What further advice are you seeking? Fruitcake has told you what to do. My advice is to follow his advice.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 31st Jan 18, 3:03 PM
    • 7,724 Posts
    • 7,471 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 31st Jan 18, 3:03 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 3:03 PM
    Fruitcake advised, following rejection, to ignore anything until court papers arrive. Any advice will be appreciated.
    Originally posted by jonestom
    Fruitcake has already given you good advice.

There really is no further advice to give.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,300Posts Today

7,358Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin