Advice on setting up a company to house all businesses

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone here could give me some advice on my current situation.

At the moment I run a few different websites. Lets says we have website A website B and website C. They all generate revenue but payments for these websites go through website A's bankaccount.

This is because I started with website A and it was easier to use that bankaccount for revenue generated from website B and C.

I no longer want to do that because it can be confusing for companies sending payments.

I now want Website A B and C to be under another company.

So I would like either,

All revenue generated from A B C to go to the new companies bankaccount instead of website A's bankaccount and therefore it will be less confusing.

or

Website A B C have their own bankaccounts and then that money is forwarded to the new company.

The first option is the best choice as it is a lot simpler.

At the moment Website A is a LTD company. I want accounting to be simple and not multiple books and bills for each website. Just one tax bill for the company for all websites in it.

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    so A is already a Ltd Co

what therefore are B and C and why don't you just do what you said, channel it all through A
  • You could just change the name of the Ltd company from "Website A Ltd" to, say, "premiumz enterprises ltd", and flow this through to the bank account name?
  • You could just change the name of the Ltd company from "Website A Ltd" to, say, "premiumz enterprises ltd", and flow this through to the bank account name?

Yeah I did think that would also be possible.

So I change the LTD company name and then simply file all websites revenue under that one company for one set of books, right?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,892
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If you're running a ltd company, do you not have an accountant?

And if you don't, now might be a very good time to consult one.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport