Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fireflower
    • By fireflower 11th Jan 18, 4:21 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fireflower
    Charges to exit bt during a contract
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:21 PM
    Charges to exit bt during a contract 11th Jan 18 at 4:21 PM
    Hi All, I saw the message about changing broadband and phone line and that plus net is far cheaper.

I phone bt today to ask how much my exit fee was and i was quoted 411 because I an still in my first year of contract
    I also asked if i changed to plus net would i still get charged the same amount, because its the same company and i was told that I would.
    I get the feeling that bt staff are just told to say these thing and woundered if anyone out there knew anything different about the charges and if I could reduce cost to exit because it is so expensive with the.

Thanks
Page 1
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 11th Jan 18, 4:45 PM
    • 1,600 Posts
    • 612 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:45 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:45 PM
    If you think the BT price is excessive why did you sign up in the first place ?, as you are in the first year of the miminum term, then it cannot be that long ago you were happy enough to sign up with BT.
    If the price has risen since you signed up, there is a period after being notified of the price increase when you can cancel penalty free, but that period may have already expired.
    Although Plusnet may be a BT Group company , it's totally separate from BT Consumer, and although PN may be cheaper than BT , I doubt it's a massively cheaper and certainly not enough to make it worthwhile paying hundreds of 's in early termination charges just to join them, perhaps you can say what you pay BT and what exactly the same package with Plusnet costs
    Last edited by iniltous; 11-01-2018 at 4:47 PM.
    • Dawning
    • By Dawning 11th Jan 18, 6:23 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 1,019 Thanks
    Dawning
    • 11th Jan 18, 6:23 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 6:23 PM
    BT cancellation/ early termination charges are listed in this PDF from BT.com.

You can check it yourself to see if what they've quoted you is correct.
    www.productsandservices.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,233Posts Today

8,766Users online

Martin's Twitter