Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 3Thanks
    North123
    Advice needed please!!
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    Advice needed please!! 11th Jan 18 at 1:28 PM
    The driver received a pcn back in August which They naively appealed without referring to this site. It!!!8217;s now got to the!!!8217; letter before claim!!!8217; stage and so The driver just wanted to ask whether They have any kind of appeal (my guess is no!)
    They parked in a car park which They had never used before- pulled into a space and a lady gave them her ticket which had time left on it. They therefore did not go to the ticket machine so didn!!!8217;t realise the car park had anpr. They assume this is no defence as all tickets say not transferrable?
    All advice appreciated.
    Last edited by North123; 23-01-2018 at 1:29 PM.
Page 1
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 11th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    Do you have to put the licence plate number in the machine do you know?
    I would expect so.
    (Not sure if you can go and check if you don't know)
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 2:34 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    North123
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:34 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:34 PM
    Thanks for replying. I donít know but could go back to check. I expect you do though.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 35,917 Posts
    • 20,195 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    Read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum to learn about the game you are caught up in.

There is comprehensive advice on dealing with the letter before claim as well as how to defend a court claim
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    North123
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    Thank you. Just wondered if anyone knew whether this was contestable?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 18,035 Posts
    • 28,573 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    Originally posted by North123
    Everything is contestable in this game. Only mugs donít contest and supinely pay the demands.

If you tell us who the parking comany is we might be able to give you a better idea of how your case might proceed.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jan 18, 2:44 PM
    • 35,917 Posts
    • 20,195 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:44 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:44 PM

They are all "contestable"

Which you will see if you spend time on the FAQ!
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    North123
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    itís hx car park management
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 18,035 Posts
    • 28,573 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    itís hx car park management
    https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211664369-HX-Car-Park-Management-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/HX_Car_Park_Management.html

They have had a dabble with some small claims. Not seen any reported results - from memory. They use Gladstones Solicitors who really manage to mess up many contested cases.

Deal with your LBA and any subsequent documentation as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. You need to study that section comprehensively so youíre ready for the next stage and not surprised/shocked by what drops through your letterbox.

Do some forum searches on ĎHX courtí and ĎHX Gladstonesí.

HOW TO USE SEARCH

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.
    Also do a wider Google search on ĎYouíve been Gladstonedí
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    North123
    Thank you.
    • North123
    • By North123 23rd Jan 18, 1:53 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    North123
    Hi

Thank you for your help previously. Have been frantically reading threads etc trying to find one that 'fits '. I was hoping to us the letter as per Daniel San 03.10.17 but wanted to check that this was appropriate and relevant?

The letter before claim refers to paragraph 4 of PAP stating I can complete a reply form online.
    Should I do this or send a letter as queried above?
    I am incredibly upset re this as I feel I have approached this incorrectly from the start without seeking appropriate advice and trying to act reasonably (i.e. I have sent cheques offering to settle). Any advice gratefully received.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 23rd Jan 18, 1:57 PM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,443 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    You send a letter, as told
    They were required to send you this by letter, to cheap out they dont. So dont let them get away with it.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 23rd Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 4,312 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    I have sent cheques offering to settle
    Not the best idea
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • North123
    • By North123 23rd Jan 18, 3:36 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    North123
    Pardon - are you calling me an idiot?
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 23rd Jan 18, 3:59 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    claxtome
    Pardon - are you calling me an idiot?
    I am sure he is not.
    Are you looking at IamEmanresu 's signature by any chance below the horizontal line?
    The signature is added to the bottom of any post he does.
    (Just so happens you and me don't have a signature at the moment)
    • North123
    • By North123 23rd Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    North123
    I am sure he is not.
    Are you looking at IamEmanresu 's signature by any chance below the horizontal line?
    The signature is added to the bottom of any post he does.
    (Just so happens you and me don't have a signature at the moment)
    Originally posted by claxtome

Yes I was ! Sorry - bit sensitive! I Know I've dealt with this badly so far and trying to recover it so didn't really come across as helpful!
    • North123
    • By North123 24th Jan 18, 4:21 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    North123
    Hi Umkomaas - apologies for directing this message straight to you but you were extremely helpful before.

Have been frantically reading threads etc trying to find one that 'fits '. I was hoping to us the letter as per Daniel San 03.10.17 but wanted to check that this was appropriate and relevant?

The letter before claim refers to paragraph 4 of PAP stating I can complete a reply form online.
    Should I do this or send a letter as queried above?
    I am incredibly upset re this as I feel I have approached this incorrectly from the start without seeking appropriate advice and trying to act reasonably (i.e. I have sent cheques offering to settle). Any advice gratefully received.

Quick Reply Thanks 0 Edit PostQuoteMulti-quote
    Last edited by North123; 24-01-2018 at 4:23 PM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 24th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    • 9,520 Posts
    • 9,301 Thanks
    The Deep
    They assume this is no defence as all tickets say not transferrable?

I am even wondering if such a clause in a contract would stand up in court.
    If I buy a car and sell it a year later that does not invalidate the warranty. If I buy a shirt from House of Fraser and give it to my son, they do not invoice me.

Could you not argue that making a ticket non transferable is an unfair term in a consumer contract?
    Last edited by The Deep; 24-01-2018 at 5:51 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • North123
    • By North123 25th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    North123
    I really don't know. I've not been able to find anyone else who is in the same situation which makes me wonder if i have a case?

I am going to send a letter per Loadsofchildren and Daniel San in the first instance i think!!

Any advice re that?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

304Posts Today

3,706Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin