Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joed123
    • By joed123 11th Jan 18, 1:11 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 1Thanks
    joed123
    leak on a Bush dishwasher DWFS126S- possible lower door seal - fight for free repair?
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:11 PM
    leak on a Bush dishwasher DWFS126S- possible lower door seal - fight for free repair? 11th Jan 18 at 1:11 PM
    Bought in March 2015 for £168.99

Argos just say its out warranty so i have to pay 89.99 for a enginerer to repair

Is the best course of action to send a letter etc saying i want a free repair as im still within 6 years? Is this likely to go nowehere as they will ask for proof that the fault had been there since the beginning? (difficult to prove)

I noticed a leak on Bush dishwasher DWFS126S from bottom right corner - possibly needs a new lower door seal fitted? though the leak maybe something else. I took out the lower door seal and cleaned it as i noticed it had half come away. (it doesnt look very damaged though is a couple of years old)

Not sure if the door needs a new lower seal and if the door needs to come off as the seal doesnt seem to go back in!?
Page 1
    • Geodark
    • By Geodark 11th Jan 18, 1:16 PM
    • 800 Posts
    • 524 Thanks
    Geodark
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:16 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:16 PM
    Bought in March 2015 for £168.99

Argos just say its out warranty so i have to pay 89.99 for a enginerer to repair

Is the best course of action to send a letter etc saying i want a free repair as im still within 6 years? Is this likely to go nowehere as they will ask for proof that the fault had been there since the beginning? (difficult to prove)

I noticed a leak on Bush dishwasher DWFS126S from bottom right corner - possibly needs a new lower door seal fitted? though the leak maybe something else. I took out the lower door seal and cleaned it as i noticed it had half come away. (it doesnt look very damaged though is a couple of years old)

Not sure if the door needs a new lower seal and if the door needs to come off as the seal doesnt seem to go back in!?
    Originally posted by joed123
    Why do you think you are entitled to a free repair as its within 6 years?
    • societys child
    • By societys child 11th Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    • 5,219 Posts
    • 5,771 Thanks
    societys child
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    im still within 6 years?
    Doesn't refer to some kind of free extended warranty.

• JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 11th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    • 10,497 Posts
    • 4,431 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    There is not a 6 year right for a fix .
    Its 6 years from date of sale to go before the courts .
    Based upon the cost and age of the product and the fact you need an independent report . I would look at a local washer repair person to fix .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

92Posts Today

1,483Users online

Martin's Twitter