Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sleanne
    • By sleanne 11th Jan 18, 12:12 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 7Thanks
    sleanne
    Facebook - scam competition?
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:12 PM
    Facebook - scam competition? 11th Jan 18 at 12:12 PM
    Okay so first off this is my first thread on MSE, and huge apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place!

The Facebook page "Extreme Deals, Bargains & Discounts UK".
    I can see just by scrolling through the page that I am not the only person that has been chosen as a winner and not won, in fact the vast majority of us don't seem to have received our prizes! Yet none of us have seen any sign of the supposed prizes and have not been able to get through to anybody. It's a very spammy page and doesn't seem to be run by actual people at all. Getting very frustrated now as I won back on the 2nd December and have tried numerous times to get through.

I also tried the email listed "If you have any enquiries about our prizes or competitions please contact money@ptmmedia.co.uk" which I had no response to. I have researched PTM media this morning and they seem to be an entirely made up company as none of the pages on the website work!

Any seasoned compers have any advice for me on how I can actually get my hands on this prize, or who I could contact? Or is it time to give up and accept I'm never going to receive it?
Page 1
    • toniq
    • By toniq 11th Jan 18, 12:35 PM
    • 28,402 Posts
    • 620,790 Thanks
    toniq
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:35 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:35 PM
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ptmmedia.co.uk

Looks like you need to chalk this up to a con merchant.
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!!!!

• hamsterfan1
    • By hamsterfan1 12th Jan 18, 5:52 AM
    • 7,946 Posts
    • 73,711 Thanks
    hamsterfan1
    • 12th Jan 18, 5:52 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 5:52 AM
    http://www.ptmmedia.co.uk/
    • Chyna-s
    • By Chyna-s 12th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    • 2,669 Posts
    • 18,254 Thanks
    Chyna-s
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    This page seemed 'off' to me a while back so much so that I had to unlike their FB page.
    If a competition does not open please bookmark to try again later or open in another OS - please do not bump threads unnecessarily just to say this. Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,527Posts Today

7,005Users online

Martin's Twitter