Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HappilyNorth
    • By HappilyNorth 11th Jan 18, 12:07 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    HappilyNorth
    Building a Credit History from Scratch
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:07 PM
    Building a Credit History from Scratch 11th Jan 18 at 12:07 PM
    Hi Guys,

My wife is currently on a two and half year UK visa. She is allowed to work and has a full time job but is not allowed to be registered on the Electoral Roll.

We would like to start to build a credit history for her where there is currently none.

I've contacted all 3 main credit agencies but none have any details about her.

What is the best way to start the credit building process?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Page 2
    • HappilyNorth
    • By HappilyNorth 13th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HappilyNorth
    So you think she could potentially be accepted for a non sub-prime card, like Barclaycard for instance?

Not sure whether to risk that or not as if she's declined I'm pretty sure that shows up as a black mark against your name..?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 17,258 Posts
    • 18,350 Thanks
    zx81
    Not sure whether to risk that or not as if she's declined I'm pretty sure that shows up as a black mark against your name..?
    Originally posted by HappilyNorth
    I'm even more sure it doesn't.

Decline and accepts are not shown on your files. Only the search.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

229Posts Today

2,190Users online

Martin's Twitter