Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • h2oh2o
    • By h2oh2o 11th Jan 18, 1:55 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    h2oh2o
    Help re: missed payment
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:55 AM
    Help re: missed payment 11th Jan 18 at 1:55 AM
    I was the proud owner of a 999 credit score until I was hit by a late payment!

It was on a credit card that was sitting in my drawer not used for months and my home insurance auto renewed on it. I had already taken out a new policy with another insurer so I did not need this policy and my precocious insurer refunded me the entire amount once I flagged it to them. However, because I only realised after the payment date of my credit card I got hit by a late payment fee (which the cc issuer refunded) and a late payment mark on my credit report.

I spoke to the cc customer services but they said that there is nothing they can do to remove it. Anyone know what I can do to get his remo
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Jan 18, 5:32 AM
    • 17,280 Posts
    • 18,390 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Jan 18, 5:32 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 5:32 AM
    Two bits of good news.

One late payment will have little impact on an otherwise welll managed credit file.

And your 999 score was always fictional and entirely meaningless.

Just put the whole thing behind you.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 11th Jan 18, 7:32 AM
    • 1,317 Posts
    • 763 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:32 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:32 AM
    You can't get it removed as it's an accurate representation of what's happened.

And as above ignore the score
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

625Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter