Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • danbentonsmith
    • By danbentonsmith 10th Jan 18, 8:48 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    danbentonsmith
    Obtaining credit through limited company with poor personal credit
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:48 PM
    Obtaining credit through limited company with poor personal credit 10th Jan 18 at 8:48 PM
    Hi, I have a limited company in which I am the director and only employee.
    I have poor personal credit although I have been gradually building this again over the past couple of years and wanted to know if I would be able to get a lease car through my limited company?
    The company is fairly new and is turning over around 3k a month.
    The company nor myself has any debt.

Is there a way around this?
    Many thanks
Page 1
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 11th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 2,222 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    The only way to find out is to try. Thing is though can the company afford to see 10% of its turnover go out the door on a lease car? Personally given how many companies fail in the first 2 years it seems a bit silly and being a director and it being a Ltd Company doesn't automatically let you off the hook for the company debts if the OR deems you acted negligently.

Do you actually need a new car or is it just a case of want? If you can manage with what you've got you're better doing that until the business is more established.
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 11th Jan 18, 4:45 PM
    • 825 Posts
    • 1,231 Thanks
    camelot1971
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:45 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:45 PM
    A new company with no accounts is not going to get credit for anything, let alone a lease, unless there is a personal guarantee as well. You are unlikely to qualify with poor personal credit - sorry.

There are probably van finance companies who could lend you the money but at some stupid APR - don't do it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,957Posts Today

6,752Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin