Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bath cube
    • By Bath cube 10th Jan 18, 8:18 PM
    • 187Posts
    • 84Thanks
    Bath cube
    Concerns About Friends Behaviour
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:18 PM
    Concerns About Friends Behaviour 10th Jan 18 at 8:18 PM
    I'm sorry if this post might sound offensive on here but I do require some advice asap. My OH goes out on Fridays by himself (which is fine by me no problem). He doesnt go to meet anyone specifically he just chats to most people he knows in a local public house. Since last summer a man has sort of latched on to my OH and is showing some strange behaviour. He has told my OH he is bisexual but prefers men and that he thinks my OH is hiding his true feelings towards him this was before Christmas. This man seems peculiar he lives round the corner from this public house but insisted on getting in a taxi home with my OH and watched my OH going into our house. When my OH told him no I'm not interested in you sexually he appeared very upset and my OH told him it was best he didn't contact or see him again given his feelings. Since this happened my OH has gone somewhere different and last Saturday we went out together as normal in a quiet nice bar. This man came in and stared right at me then went to the bar and stormed up to my OH. He asked my OH why was he ignoring him and asked out loud if it was because of me. When I went over to see what was wrong this man got really annoyed and was fuming under his breath. I told him to go and he stormed off. He rang my OH the following evening and told him not to ignore him. I was coming home from work yesterday and he approache'd me as I was getting my keys out of my bag. He told me he had had sex with my OH and he isnt happy with you. I told him to go or I will call the police and he put his face next to mine. When my OH got home I asked him about this and he said it's all lies and this bloke has become obsessed with him. He phoned him in front of me and told him not to bother either of us. What can I do if he approaches me again or follows us into the bar we go to?. It looks like he wants to stir it out of jealousy.
Page 4
    • Newusername1
    • By Newusername1 12th Jan 18, 6:58 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Newusername1
    Call the police again tell them 'a bunch of idiots on the moneysavingexpert forum are abusing you because they think you are telling porkies'.
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 14th Jan 18, 12:07 PM
    • 401 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    Zeni
    It’s all rather Jeremy Kyle.
    Your heading is rather weird too. “Concern about a friends behaviour”.

It really does come across as a tall tale.
    Originally posted by pearl123
    Exactly, I don't think I'd describe someone claiming to have had sex with my husband as a 'friend'.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
    • seashore22
    • By seashore22 14th Jan 18, 1:06 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 2,254 Thanks
    seashore22
    So what actually ARE the rules on here for having more than one account, either running concurrently, or re-registering with new user-names?

(Question not directed at suki, but just generally wondering, because it appears to happen many times on this site, particularly on the non-money saving boards.)
    Originally posted by avogadro
    It's not so much the multiple accounts, (although I see no reason to do this if you are who you say you are and only write true accounts) it's that a well known writer of tall tales is continuing to troll the site. This person has more than one alter ego and wastes others time and energy with his/her weird stuff.
    Last edited by seashore22; 14-01-2018 at 2:10 PM.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 14th Jan 18, 1:54 PM
    • 11,101 Posts
    • 29,658 Thanks
    suki1964
    So what actually ARE the rules on here for having more than one account, either running concurrently, or re-registering with new user-names?

(Question not directed at suki, but just generally wondering, because it appears to happen many times on this site, particularly on the non-money saving boards.)
    Originally posted by avogadro

MSE tend to turn a blind eye to multiple accounts unless you were banned on an account. Lots of people have two accounts, esp if they have been here a long time, give away a lot about themselves , then wish to post a sensitive issue and don't want to be identified. Which I guess we can all understand.

Bluelass is in a league of her own. Two completely different posting styles, on this board, it's all mad relatives and dodgey pub goers, elsewhere it's quite sensible posts, the sort you expect on a MSE site

Just before Bluelass stopped posting, after some really weird posts and outrageous stories, she posted that her account had been hacked and non of it had anything to do with her. Then we heard no more, until the arrival of BathCube, who comes along with the exact same charecters , just rejigged.

I personally don't care if it's a troll as I find the posts and replies hilarious. What is upsetting is those that don't know the history and get sucked in and spend a lot of time offering advice and support, and sometimes getting into disagreements with other posters. That then becomes disruptive and causes bad feeling on the board

Unfortunately this poster isn't the only one who does it, there's been a long line of them. Usually easy to spot when you have been here a long time. I personally just ignore their threads now and just see them for entertainment
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Bath cube
    • By Bath cube 14th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    Bath cube
    I meant to post as concerned about aquatainces behaviour. And no this isn't a trolling post I am very worried. The local police contacted me yesterday morning. They said the man has been told not to contact myself or my OH by any means of communication at all. He was told if he does then they will involve the CPS and he could get locked up. This afternoon whilst we were out in a shopping mall my OH heard his phone whistle. He waited until we got out of the mall and looked at his phone. The man has sent him a text which says cheers for the memory of and I'm sorry for this on here, he put cheers for dry buxxxxx me in your bathroom whilst your wife was at work 3 months ago. We are both very angry and upset and we will have to go back to the police and let them know he still continues with his unwanted contact. This bloke obviously wants to cause big trouble between us for some reason. I'm really worrying if he might try to hurt one or both of us. I know my husband has not had any sexual connection or anything dodgy with this man. This is someone who is gay and jealous that he couldn't turn a straight man whom he has a unrequited thing with.
    • spirit
    • By spirit 14th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 6,213 Thanks
    spirit
    A random bloke down the pub isn't an acquaintance either.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Jan 18, 8:20 AM
    • 20,187 Posts
    • 54,169 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I meant to post as concerned about aquatainces behaviour. And no this isn't a trolling post I am very worried. The local police contacted me yesterday morning. They said the man has been told not to contact myself or my OH by any means of communication at all. He was told if he does then they will involve the CPS and he could get locked up. This afternoon whilst we were out in a shopping mall my OH heard his phone whistle. He waited until we got out of the mall and looked at his phone. The man has sent him a text which says cheers for the memory of and I'm sorry for this on here, he put cheers for dry buxxxxx me in your bathroom whilst your wife was at work 3 months ago. We are both very angry and upset and we will have to go back to the police and let them know he still continues with his unwanted contact. This bloke obviously wants to cause big trouble between us for some reason. I'm really worrying if he might try to hurt one or both of us. I know my husband has not had any sexual connection or anything dodgy with this man. This is someone who is gay and jealous that he couldn't turn a straight man whom he has a unrequited thing with.
    Originally posted by Bath cube
    Bath cube
    I'm not sure what you're expecting to get out of posting on here.
    You don't appear to be asking for advice in the above post, just posting an update.
    Do what you feel you have to do.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 15th Jan 18, 9:04 AM
    • 24,044 Posts
    • 62,646 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Originally posted by Bath cube

You need to reread your posts or have a better memory, dear.

In post #48, you said the guy came knocking at the doors in your street asking which is your house.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • chou-chou
    • By chou-chou 15th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    chou-chou
    You need to reread your posts or have a better memory, dear.

In post #48, you said the guy came knocking at the doors in your street asking which is your house.
    Originally posted by pollypenny

Not that I really want to lend any credibility to the OP but they actually said:

"He said a man knocked on a few doors on the road including his and asked when my OH usually gets home"

So, not actually asking where they lived, just when they would be home.

I quite like the random nonsense posters - makes for fun reading!
    • Yellow petal
    • By Yellow petal 16th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Yellow petal
    Have you had any more trouble OP, or has it gone quiet? I hope the latter as I know first hand how it feels to have drama on your doorstep
    • Judi
    • By Judi 16th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    • 16,244 Posts
    • 71,124 Thanks
    Judi
    Have you had any more trouble OP, or has it gone quiet? I hope the latter as I know first hand how it feels to have drama on your doorstep
    Originally posted by Yellow petal
    you forgot to say...."that you both made up".
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • seashore22
    • By seashore22 16th Jan 18, 8:59 AM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 2,254 Thanks
    seashore22
    Oh please.

Bath cube meet Yellow petal. Yellow petal meet Bath cube.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 16th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    • 20,187 Posts
    • 54,169 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I think it's very kind and thoughtful of you to express your concern over Bath cube's problem given all the trauma that's currently going on in your own life.
    • spirit
    • By spirit 16th Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 6,213 Thanks
    spirit
    you forgot to say...."that you both made up".
    Originally posted by Judi

I think it's one and the same poster Judi
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 16th Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    • 20,187 Posts
    • 54,169 Thanks
    Pollycat
    But why would someone make such a strange thing up?

And if it is the same poster, it's doubly so for 2 very odd incidents.
    • SuperPikachu
    • By SuperPikachu 16th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    SuperPikachu
    But why would someone make such a strange thing up?

And if it is the same poster, it's doubly so for 2 very odd incidents.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    When Myspace came out back in the day, a boy in my school decided to make pretend profiles for all his favourite singers and then proceeded to pretend to be them. He kept this up for months and actually had people adding him, and he used to write on each of the other profiles.

Have you never seen Catfish too?

There are some very weird sad lonely attention seeking people lurking on the internet. And they need help, but I lose all patience with them when they carry on their pretend rubbish even after being rumbled
    "Wild Pikachu appeared!"
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 16th Jan 18, 11:20 AM
    • 20,187 Posts
    • 54,169 Thanks
    Pollycat
    When Myspace came out back in the day, a boy in my school decided to make pretend profiles for all his favourite singers and then proceeded to pretend to be them. He kept this up for months and actually had people adding him, and he used to write on each of the other profiles.

Have you never seen Catfish too?

There are some very weird sad lonely attention seeking people lurking on the internet. And they need help, but I lose all patience with them when they carry on their pretend rubbish even after being rumbled
    Originally posted by SuperPikachu
    No, I haven't ever seen Catfish.
    I haven't seen Myspace either.

I lead a very sheltered life.
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 16th Jan 18, 11:36 AM
    • 30,698 Posts
    • 58,150 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    If you were some random that started up a conversation with me in the pub, how would you go about getting hold of my phone number?

Would you really share a taxi with someone who 'lives round the corner from the pub' and allow him/her to travel to your house and see where you live?

Some people seem to be pretty lax about their personal safety.
    Landlines can often be got through Directory Enquiries!!!
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 16th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    • 20,187 Posts
    • 54,169 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Landlines can often be got through Directory Enquiries!!!
    Originally posted by seven-day-weekend
    One would hope not if one was ex-directory!!!
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 16th Jan 18, 12:23 PM
    • 30,698 Posts
    • 58,150 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    One would hope not if one was ex-directory!!!
    Perhaps the OP's husband's is not X-D? Many are not.
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,632Posts Today

9,199Users online

Martin's Twitter