Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dizzybacon
    • By Dizzybacon 10th Jan 18, 6:07 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dizzybacon
    Blackhorse cannot find details
    • 10th Jan 18, 6:07 PM
    Blackhorse cannot find details 10th Jan 18 at 6:07 PM
    So Iíve started my Blackhorse Finance Mis-Sold PPI claim. I took out a loan for a car back in 2006, paid off in full 2011. Was sold PPI being told I had to have PPI to be accepted for the loan. Plus I didnít need it.

Fast forward to 2017 and Blackhorse cannot find my details even though I have provided evidence of payments made, my address, the date the agreement was signed etc but to no avail. Stupidly I didnít keep a copy of the credit agreement.

Now if Blackhorse are saying they cannot find me and thus no credit agreement exists surely I can now sue them for the five years of payments they took from me?
Page 1
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 10th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 15,668 Posts
    • 22,323 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 10th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    So Iíve started my Blackhorse Finance Mis-Sold PPI claim. I took out a loan for a car back in 2006, paid off in full 2011. Was sold PPI being told I had to have PPI to be accepted for the loan. Plus I didnít need it.

Fast forward to 2017 and Blackhorse cannot find my details even though I have provided evidence of payments made, my address, the date the agreement was signed etc but to no avail. Stupidly I didnít keep a copy of the credit agreement.

Now if Blackhorse are saying they cannot find me and thus no credit agreement exists surely I can now sue them for the five years of payments they took from me?
    Originally posted by Dizzybacon
    I thought Blackhorse Finance did dealer finance. Shouldn't the complaint have been made to the dealer?

P.S. You could sue Blackhorse if you wanted. Don't think you'd win.
    • Dizzybacon
    • By Dizzybacon 10th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dizzybacon
    • 10th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    Thanks for the reply. What if the dealer has gone bust??
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 10th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    • 15,668 Posts
    • 22,323 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    Thanks for the reply. What if the dealer has gone bust??
    FSCS, I believe.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    • 17,258 Posts
    • 18,352 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    Clearly not. .
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 92,999 Posts
    • 60,380 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    Thanks for the joke. It made me laugh.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • sun73
    • By sun73 10th Jan 18, 9:58 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    sun73
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:58 PM
    blackhorse ppi
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:58 PM

Did you send a Subject Access Request to Blackhorse? I'm surprised they cannot locate your account if it was only closed in 2011, still more or less within six years of the recommended data retention period. I suspect the PPI team will have only searched their current systems, so try a SAR and see what it produces.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 10th Jan 18, 10:57 PM
    • 7,420 Posts
    • 5,493 Thanks
    -taff
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:57 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:57 PM
    That will only work if they went direct to Black Horse not through a dealer.

It appears they went through a dealer, so, the FSCS is their only hope obi-wan.
    • Bonbon68
    • By Bonbon68 7th Mar 18, 1:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bonbon68
    • 7th Mar 18, 1:36 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 1:36 PM
    Hi Dizzybacon and all, We are in exactly the same boat! I'm trying to reclaim ppi from Blackhorse for my OH who is a licensed black taxi driver. He got finance for a cab through a broker ( now no longer trading) he first passed his knowledge way back in 2001 and bought his cab on finance shortly after. We have a claims company acting on our behalf but they have drawn a blank. Blackhorse are demanding account numbers which we just don't have. We did however provide the claims company with the Natwest statements we had kept, and where you can quite clearly see the Blackhorse direct debit taking £693 every month! However there was no account number or reference on the statement. Natwest were unable to provide us with the account details ( you would think they would have a record of all direct debits ever made to your account wouldn't you?) and Blackhorse are refuting we ever had personal finance with them, (or will until proven otherwise and we provide them with actual account details!) just wondering where we go next? Does my case warrant a SAR? My case is over 17yrs old is that against us? I know all data has to be destroyed within a specified time frame. All advice gratefully recieved, thanks in advance. Bonbon68
    • societys child
    • By societys child 7th Mar 18, 7:06 PM
    • 5,220 Posts
    • 5,771 Thanks
    societys child
    You have answers on your other post . .
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73988330#post73988330

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

443Posts Today

4,834Users online

Martin's Twitter