Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gilespfr
    • By Gilespfr 10th Jan 18, 5:12 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Gilespfr
    Appeal against POPLA Decision - what next?
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:12 PM
    Appeal against POPLA Decision - what next? 10th Jan 18 at 5:12 PM
    This is an excellent forum - I have felt very supported by having this community to refer to!

In fact this is my first post to it about a Parking Charge I received from UKPC in November. I was parked outside the marked lines (with a pay and display ticket) - but in a bay on its own well away from all the others. I appealed to POPLA after PCUK rejected my first appeal; the entry to the bay was slightly obscured by scaffolding but I shot myself in the foot, as I said many elderly folk use this car park, so thought I would use this bay. I lost the second appeal on grounds that their terms of business state that you have to park in the marked bay (if this is not possible, then should park in another bay!). It's such a crazy fine and the fact that it is 100, more than my earning for that visit to teach at University, it has made me want to dig my heals in!

It would seem that PCUK are registered on BPA's website. So as a legitimate private contractor, it would seem I have no choice but to pay the full amount.

Two questions; is this worth pursuing further and secondly, if I do pay, can I pay the orginal pre appeal amount of 60?

Thanks so much

Gilespfr
    Last edited by Gilespfr; 10-01-2018 at 5:13 PM. Reason: Correct typos
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th May 18, 12:37 PM
    • 20,199 Posts
    • 31,870 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Where is the newbies FAQ on this?
    Originally posted by Edelman
    Near the top of the forum thread list, just one page back from this one.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Edelman
    • By Edelman 16th May 18, 12:39 PM
    • 221 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Edelman
    Sorry... I looked, I cannot see it. Is it in one of the posts in the thread?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th May 18, 12:46 PM
    • 20,199 Posts
    • 31,870 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Sorry... I looked, I cannot see it. Is it in one of the posts in the thread?
    Originally posted by Edelman
    After reading this (final) post of mine on this thread, hit your 'Back' button ( < ), then carefully look down the ensuing forum thread list until you see this:

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

Hint - you won't have to look far down the list.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th May 18, 2:17 PM
    • 10,557 Posts
    • 10,952 Thanks
    KeithP
    Good, I can now see that Edelman has at last found the NEWBIES thread.

You next task Edelman is to start a new thread if you need further help.

This thread is not your thread and it only leads to confusion trying to deal with two people's incidents on the same thread.

Please do not post again on this thread. Thanks.
    • Mr Innocent
    • By Mr Innocent 24th Sep 18, 11:46 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mr Innocent
    Something VERY strange is going on here.

It seems that more than one person has had considerable difficulty in finding:-

"**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

I have now joined the 'I cant find it list'. I have tried patiently and on more than one occasion to find the elusive list and whilst not claiming to be a genius i don't believe i am an idiot either.

.......i am now lost for a way forwards (whilst mid tussle with NCP)..............help please
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 24th Sep 18, 11:58 AM
    • 20,199 Posts
    • 31,870 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hit your computer/tablet 'BACK' button, looks like a <, then you'll see the first page of the sub-forum with a list of threads (like an index). The sticky thread you're seeking is one of the first four in that index list.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 24th Sep 18, 12:06 PM
    • 4,684 Posts
    • 6,070 Thanks
    waamo
    Alternatively go to the very top of this page and click on the link that says "Parking Tickets Fines & Parking".

That will take you to the board index.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Sep 18, 1:24 PM
    • 63,827 Posts
    • 76,474 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Something VERY strange is going on here.

It seems that more than one person has had considerable difficulty in finding:-

"**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

I have now joined the 'I cant find it list'.
    Originally posted by Mr Innocent
    Despite my signature below every reply, that tells everyone to 'look up' and click 2 clicks?

I asked my sons (who do not use forums) the other day, to read my forum sig and see if they could then see where to click at the top of the page - they saw the breadcrumb trail in seconds.

The link above (at the top of EVERY page here) is there on pretty much all forums, as a 'breadcrumb trail'.

It takes a reader back to the forum where the post you are reading sits (takes you back to the thread list of the board it was posted on). This is how forums work. People are not expected to be forum experts but if teenagers like mine, with no forum experience, can see from my signature where to click, why can't everyone?

Why do I bother to say the below, at all, if no-one can be bothered to look up, find the link, and click back?

Some people read my replies and STILL ask 'can I have link?' No. The link is above.

Some people also try to read a forum on phone. Unbelievable. No way, just don't go there...! No-one can read a detailed advice from a forum, on a phone - it would be like asking your solicitor to text you some conveyancing or legal document.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 24-09-2018 at 1:30 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,249Posts Today

7,886Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin