Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mudweiser
    • By Mudweiser 10th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mudweiser
    Lifetime ISA to other ISA question
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    Lifetime ISA to other ISA question 10th Jan 18 at 5:09 PM
    Hello all,

I have a question which I havenít found answered anywhere else on the site or here, so I turn to you good people to see if you can help;

I opened a Lifetime ISA last July with the intention of buying later this year, and enjoying the bonus, however my circumstances have changed and Iím now looking to buy much sooner Ė even before the full year of having the LISA.

I do have another ISA with another bank but itís empty Ė can I transfer the LISA money Iíve saved into my other ISA without penalty? I believe the penalty is just for withdrawing the money from the LISA?

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 10th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 1,186 Thanks
    Ed-1
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    Hello all,

I have a question which I havenít found answered anywhere else on the site or here, so I turn to you good people to see if you can help;

I opened a Lifetime ISA last July with the intention of buying later this year, and enjoying the bonus, however my circumstances have changed and Iím now looking to buy much sooner Ė even before the full year of having the LISA.

I do have another ISA with another bank but itís empty Ė can I transfer the LISA money Iíve saved into my other ISA without penalty? I believe the penalty is just for withdrawing the money from the LISA?

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by Mudweiser
    Transferring out of a LISA to an account that is not a LISA is the same as withdrawing for the purposes of the 25% charge.

However, the charge doesn't apply if you withdraw before 6th April 2018 as no bonuses are being paid until after that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

229Posts Today

2,190Users online

Martin's Twitter