Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jakesp_
    • By jakesp_ 10th Jan 18, 3:52 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jakesp_
    Paying minimum payments to debt collection company
    • 10th Jan 18, 3:52 PM
    Paying minimum payments to debt collection company 10th Jan 18 at 3:52 PM
    Looking for some advice,

I had a Vodafone bill from when I was 19 that has been passed onto lovell finance (collection company).

This is the only thing I've defaulted on and I'm looking to improve my credit score. I'm only paying them 5 pounds a month and the balance is 700 odd pounds. I'm worried this will turn into a ccj, should I speak to them, try and up the payments or just pay what I pay now? After six years will this just disappear it's been almost five years.

I'm on the electoral roll, but can't get a credit card my score is 380... Any other tips welcome

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 17,207 Posts
    • 18,283 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    Ignore the score. It's made up and not used by anyone.

The sooner you can settle the default, the better.

Once settled, try for a sub prime card, use regularly and clear in full each month to build up a better history.If declined, leave it for a couple of months before retrying.

Check that the data is correct on all three CRAs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

581Posts Today

5,960Users online

Martin's Twitter