Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomeo007
    • By tomeo007 10th Jan 18, 3:01 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 1Thanks
    tomeo007
    wrong registration number on PCN, please help
    • 10th Jan 18, 3:01 PM
    wrong registration number on PCN, please help 10th Jan 18 at 3:01 PM
    hi
    I hope you are well
    I have found parking PCN ticked from (CPM - Uk car park managment, BPA, IPC member)
    I found on it wrong REG on it , instead "M" is "W". They also have a photo evidence.
    Following the advice from the forum I have ignore the PCN.
    (I have checked payticked. website to confirm an error, I have screenshot with wrong details aswell).
    I have received from them Formal Demant. with the same ticket number but with corrected by them Reg number, I have found on the website they also change REG number to correct one.

I have PCN from my windscreen and screenshot from the website.

Could you please give me advice how to appel.

Regards

Tom
Page 3
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Oct 18, 2:26 PM
    • 20,199 Posts
    • 31,870 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    While waiting, prepare yourself on how to deal with it by re-reading post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    I agree with Keith.

You do really need to get ahead of this via plenty of research to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding your case - that way you give yourself the best chance of success.

Just coming back each time something happens and asking 'What should I do now?', always leaves you on the back foot. You need to get a better understanding of what might happen next (via searching the forum for broadly similar cases) and get yourself ready so you know what you do when it happens.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • johri3
    • By johri3 18th Oct 18, 4:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    johri3
    Smart Parking
    Hi all

I parked in a hotel. As usual i paid for the parking via telephone. I have a bank statement to prove i paid. A few days later i got a letter from Smart parking stating that i had paid for different vehicle.
    I find this absolutely ridiculous - i have contacted them via their online system to explain all this. However they are insisting on fining me - even though i can prove i paid . Surely it is their fault if their system does not work?
    I have been told i can lodge an appeal via Popla or via the Ombudsman services.
    Any advice would be gratefully received.

All the best
    Rishi
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Oct 18, 5:00 PM
    • 20,199 Posts
    • 31,870 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 to understand the game you've now entered. Please do not hijack another poster's thread - please start a new one of your own if you can't sort this out from following advice in the sticky. Smart are easy to outsmart!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Oct 18, 5:02 PM
    • 10,566 Posts
    • 10,958 Thanks
    KeithP
    Originally posted by johri3
    The best advice for you at this stage is to start your own thread.

Trying to deal with two different issues with two different people in one thread can only lead to confusion.

Can I please ask that you then delete your post from this thread?

Thank you for your understanding.
    • tomeo007
    • By tomeo007 9th Nov 18, 4:32 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tomeo007
    Hi
    I just received Claim Form,
    https://imgur.com/a/c2ubf5d
    • tomeo007
    • By tomeo007 9th Nov 18, 6:32 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tomeo007
    Please advise how to disagree with the claim.
    Do it online or by post, how to prepare defense.
    Send them all proofs or defense letter only.
    I have start new thread followed Cupon-Mad but Quentin advise to continue this one

many thanks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Nov 18, 6:38 PM
    • 20,199 Posts
    • 31,870 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Please advise how to disagree with the claim.
    Do it online or by post, how to prepare defense.
    Send them all proofs or defense letter only.
    I have start new thread followed Cupon-Mad but Quentin advise to continue this one

many thanks
    Originally posted by tomeo007
    All contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. Everything from dealing with the claim form right through to the hearing (and everything in between).
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Nov 18, 11:41 PM
    • 10,566 Posts
    • 10,958 Thanks
    KeithP
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?
    • tomeo007
    • By tomeo007 12th Nov 18, 7:47 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tomeo007
    Issue Date: 08 Nov 2018
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Nov 18, 8:03 PM
    • 63,827 Posts
    • 76,475 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK so we will help when we see your draft defence, as Umkomaas pointed you where to read.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Nov 18, 8:04 PM
    • 10,566 Posts
    • 10,958 Thanks
    KeithP
    Issue Date: 08 Nov 2018
    Originally posted by tomeo007
    With a Claim Issue Date of 8th November, you have until Tuesday 27th November to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Having done the AoS, you then have until 4pm on Tuesday 11th December 2018 to file your Defence.

That's over four weeks. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as described here:

1) Print your Defence.
    2) Sign it and date it.
    3) Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    4) Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    5) Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    6) Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    7) Wait for your Directions Questionnaire and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

1,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin