IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

wrong registration number on PCN, please help

Comments

• tomeo007
    tomeo007 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Hi
    CPM did not provide IAS details, I have try IAS.org to appeal but they do not have any case evidence.
    what should I do now?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    WHy are you appealing to the IAS? Can you give us a good reason why you think you should?
  • Are you saying the notice they sent has the wrong number or the picture of the car has? My concern is simple. Most parking companies and councils will not allow you to enter a number of the wrong vehicle. As you enter they read the number on the vehicle and if you try to pay for the wrong one its says PLATE NOT FOUND so you cannot pay for the wrong one by mistake. I suspect the companies who set the computer to accept known wrong numbers do so to be able to send out ( fines ) of £100 and get rich out of our simple mistakes. I have videos of this on Dangerous Dunstable FB page. They show how it works. There is not excuse to be allowed to pay for a wrong number the computer knows that number is not in the car park.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I suspect the companies who set the computer to accept known wrong numbers do so to be able to send out ( fines ) of £100 and get rich out of our simple mistakes.
    Suspicions confirmed!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hi
    Quick update.

I have received text message from Gladstones solicitors I have not respond to theirs Action Letter.
    I have not received any letter from them. Should I contact them?
    Many thanks

Tom
  • Text message

"DUE: 160
    You have not respond to our Pre-Action Letter. Please visit: !!!!!!/gslpay or call 01565..... to avoid court action. Quote ref: 10....."
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    tomeo007 wrote: »
    Hi
    Quick update.

I have received text message from Gladstones solicitors I have not respond to theirs Action Letter.
    I have not received any letter from them. Should I contact them?
    Many thanks

Tom

How did they get your number ???

Remember, most scams start with a text.

Set up a new google account (just for this), refer to
    their text and ask them the question.

With the way Gladstones behave, they are not to be
    trusted
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    tomeo007 wrote: »
    Text message

"DUE: 160
    You have not respond to our Pre-Action Letter. Please visit: !!!!!!/gslpay or call 01565..... to avoid court action. Quote ref: 10....."

NO £160 is due, they have added on a fake charge.

They are wanting you to download from a web site

Email to confirm that you want hard copies only by post
  • Hi all
    After an email request Gladstons sol. send me a paper copy Letter Before Claim.

''If you belive you have valid reason for non-payment, we are extending the time you are able to respond via replay form by 5th of Oct. A version of the information Sheet and Replay form taken from the Pre Action Protocol for Debt Claims can be completed on our website: https://www....... Before completing the online Reply Form, you must first create a login, for witch you will require ref:(......). Alt. you can request a paper version''
    tcMQF2Xhttps://imgur.com/a/tcMQF2X

Should I request paper version, put name and sign?

Regards,
    TOM
  • any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills