Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest £125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest £125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! £125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit £1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 99
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 16th Apr 18, 3:57 PM
    • 1,346 Posts
    • 4,778 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    Following a very pleasant call I've had my payment and an additional sum by way of an apology. Very happy with the outcome. I made sure I was polite at all times. That, combined with the compensation from my Housing Association gives me a fair chunk of cash on my birthday
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 16th Apr 18, 4:35 PM
    • 2,105 Posts
    • 1,253 Thanks
    SuperHan
    I logged a complaint on behalf of myself and my husband yesterday.

We are both existing account holders, although my husband has some minimal activity on his (c £3k balance on a deposit account and a current account set up for his Paypal - he funds ad hoc as need be).

He's had a phone call today and was advised his payment is 2 weeks behind, but they've paid £50 of compensation into the account today by way of apology as he is a "good customer".

I incidentally logged my complaint first, but I have an existing account with a relatively large available overdraft and a nil balance - which I have had since I graduated in 2012. I've not heard anything yet so they seem to be prioritising "good" customers.

Definitely worth getting the bonus late for an additional £50 (plus any compensation they pay for my account)!
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 16th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 739 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    18cc
    I am getting a bit jealous that i got my £125.....
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 16th Apr 18, 8:10 PM
    • 26,500 Posts
    • 15,737 Thanks
    xylophone
    I want compensation because I was paid on time.....
    • central
    • By central 16th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    central
    Myself and daughter both got the £125 :-) just started a switch away - this is a truly terrible bank with a truly awful website and app, can't wait to get rid.
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 16th Apr 18, 9:50 PM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 1,741 Thanks
    Herbalus
    Originally posted by 18cc
    Some of us have been told to wait until April 27th to see the £125. I cant say with confidence that it will be that easy, given the shambles so far.

I would rather have banked the £125 so I could move on.

Also, not everybody I know is getting compensation.
    • mrandrewsmith
    • By mrandrewsmith 16th Apr 18, 10:13 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mrandrewsmith
    I am an existing NatWest customer who switched in 4 donor accounts and am yet to receive the incentive. I spoke to NatWest on the phone today and they couldn't tell me if I had met the criteria (note I definitely have) and was told both on the phone and via live chat that I will get the incentive by the 27th April. Let's see.
    • No_6
    • By No_6 16th Apr 18, 10:23 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    No_6
    Nat W was my 1st bank and have been with them for over 40 years and never had a problem that wasn't sorted quickly.
    2 times in all our years together.

Online works OK, only used support for the 2 problems.

Always good when applying for credit....to have a long lasting account.

ps they are not my only bank...

Have multiple Nationwide, Santy, Halifax, Tesco, Lloyds etc, etc

Just use what you have for any future money

pps still not got my NW 125
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 17th Apr 18, 8:13 AM
    • 1,212 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    My dad got his £125 today, I have told him to keep quiet and say nothing. We will see how much compensation that he will get .
    Originally posted by Mchambers

So now you are a liar too - the lengths you go to shock me! I have reported your post as spam!
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 17th Apr 18, 9:15 AM
    • 1,346 Posts
    • 4,778 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    Incidentally, in response to Mchambers post, Natwest KNOW that some people have had the payment more than once and will be reversing the additional payments.
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 17th Apr 18, 9:22 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Sconeyj
    My £125 was paid on time, but my girlfriendís wasnít. This means weíre now left in a bit of a pickle, as she opened an HSBC account on the 25th March (the last day you could open one and qualify for their switch offer) and the switch to them needs to be started within 30 days (which is 24th April). But NatWest are now saying payments will be made by the 27th. I know NatWest should honour the payment regardless, but I can just envisage hassle in getting the £125 if we attempt to switch away before itís paid. What would people advise in this situation?
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 17th Apr 18, 10:23 AM
    • 1,212 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    Complain to Natwest and ask for compensation.
    Originally posted by Mchambers

Marked as spam
    • mrandrewsmith
    • By mrandrewsmith 17th Apr 18, 10:43 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mrandrewsmith
    Just had NatWest complaints team on the phone, confirmed my £125 will definately be coming to me before 27th April and an additional £50 compensation due to the inconvenience caused! Call that a result! :-)
    • gingercordial
    • By gingercordial 17th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 1,283 Thanks
    gingercordial
    I just had a call from the complaints team too. They have also told me the date of 27 April for payment of the switching bonus.

I had asked for compensation in my complaint and the lady I dealt with started out by offering me a "gift", asking if I drank wine or would like some high street/Amazon vouchers - she offered £20. I asked for cash instead (I wouldn't have minded vouchers as such as I would use them but I am going away on holiday in a few days so won't be in to receive them) which she said was OK and I also said that I'd seen other customers on internet forums getting more than that. She said all customers' circumstances are different so they didn't offer a flat amount, but did up it to £30 so I am expecting that to arrive in my account soon. Result, assuming that and the bonus do turn up :-)
    • gocat
    • By gocat 17th Apr 18, 11:09 AM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 61,146 Thanks
    gocat
    Anyone got a call back from NatWest after filling in their online form. Or even got an email acknowledging that NW have received the form?
    tia
    • gingercordial
    • By gingercordial 17th Apr 18, 11:11 AM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 1,283 Thanks
    gingercordial
    Anyone got a call back from NatWest after filling in their online form. Or even got an email acknowledging that NW have received the form?
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Yes - see above. Logged complaint online at about 1.30pm yesterday, took a screenshot of it too. The e-mail logging it turned up at 6.30pm last night and they called me at 11.00am today. I think they have a bit of a backlog...
    • vienly
    • By vienly 17th Apr 18, 11:15 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    vienly
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Yes done the form yesterday morning, received an automated email response, and just got a call from a kind lady now in regards to it being a 'techinical fault' and that it will be paid by the 27th April.

Although no mention of a compensation, which I asked for on the form..... nevermind.

Didn't want to sound too cheeky on the phone as my account balance is 0p lol
    • gocat
    • By gocat 17th Apr 18, 11:15 AM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 61,146 Thanks
    gocat
    Yes - see above. Logged complaint online at about 1.30pm yesterday, took a screenshot of it too. The e-mail logging it turned up at 6.30pm last night and they called me at 11.00am today. I think they have a bit of a backlog...
    Originally posted by gingercordial
    Thanks. Did my online form yesterday evening about 8pm so need to be patient
    • steveing64
    • By steveing64 17th Apr 18, 11:23 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    steveing64
    Logged my online complaint yesterday about 4pm Ive just had a call from Nat West to say i was entiled to the offer will have by 27th April and have put £30 into my account as compensation so well happy with that fingers crossed no more problems
    3.6Kwh PV System, Lg Panels , Growatt Inverter South Facing, 23 deg Roof Facing, Stoke on Trent
    • gocat
    • By gocat 17th Apr 18, 11:33 AM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 61,146 Thanks
    gocat
    Must depend on who calls you. Just had the call. Said money will be in by 27th April but she can push to have it paid earlier to me if I want and if Im happy with that. I said I am happy to wait till 27th April and mentioned about compensation and she said as its a switch bonus they do not have to pay compensation but she said she can put it through as a complaint if I want. So I said yes and she will get back to me later this afternoon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,630Posts Today

4,472Users online

Martin's Twitter