Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 53Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest £125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest £125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! £125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit £1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 98
    • vienly
    • By vienly 16th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    vienly
    I couldn't really be bothered to speak to anyone so filled out their online complaints form. Still haven't received mine either yet.
    • GoingOn30
    • By GoingOn30 16th Apr 18, 11:37 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    GoingOn30
    I'm getting the "we are investigating" line from Natwest on Twitter this morning. Frustrating that they can't give us any idea of timescale for receiving the bonus. A really bad start for lots of new customers!
    • noh
    • By noh 16th Apr 18, 11:37 AM
    • 5,209 Posts
    • 3,516 Thanks
    noh
    I couldn't really be bothered to speak to anyone so filled out their online complaints form. Still haven't received mine either yet.
    Originally posted by vienly

I have done the same. Online complaint form submitted.
    • i love it
    • By i love it 16th Apr 18, 11:46 AM
    • 793 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    i love it
    I couldnít find any online method to enquire or complain. Mailbox seems to only allow incoming mail. So I rang and got told I was eligible and due to system error all payments should be made by 27th April 2018
    I asked if the new date was being communicated to all still waiting for the bonus and was told customers will receive a letter.
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 16th Apr 18, 11:56 AM
    • 1,992 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    Herbalus
    So I rang and got told I was eligible and due to system error all payments should be made by 27th April 2018
    I asked if the new date was being communicated to all still waiting for the bonus and was told customers will receive a letter.
    Originally posted by i love it
    Thatís nearly 2 weeks!!!

Thanks for asking about the rest of us
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 16th Apr 18, 1:00 PM
    • 4,283 Posts
    • 14,826 Thanks
    Westie983
    Should mean loads of wonga as compensation for my dad.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    You have already said this in a previous reply, we get it.

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2018 #10 Total (£25,000)+£10,000/£12,000 = 83.33%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11 #97 Total (£410) + £10/£800 = 1.25% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2018 £1 a Day #2 Total £62.59/£365 = 17.14%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total £600/£1,000 = 60.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (£1,500)+-486/£2,000 = 50.70%

Total £10,686.59/£16,165 = 66.10%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • wiseonesomeofthetime
    • By wiseonesomeofthetime 16th Apr 18, 1:19 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    wiseonesomeofthetime
    Logged online complaint, then saw post #1945

Let's see if I get same advice.

Am an existing NatWest customer and not impressed with their service on this occasion.

WebChat unavailable - unsurprisingly
    • gingercordial
    • By gingercordial 16th Apr 18, 1:32 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    gingercordial
    I have also logged an online complaint as I would rather not spend all afternoon on hold... We will see.

For those who can't find it, the online complaints form is at the bottom of this page - it is not part of online banking.

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/support-centre/how-to-complain.html
    • Wednesday100
    • By Wednesday100 16th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Wednesday100
    I sent a message using the app and the advisor came back to me and said I was not eligible because I did not switch an account. I wonder if any other forum members switching to an existing account are not being credited because NatWest systems are not recognising a switch as a switch?

I went back to them and pointed out that my NatWest account showed the funds from my Lloyds account landing on 26th February. I also have the closing statement from Lloyds that shows my account payment going out on the 26th and the Lloyds account closed in 27th.

The advisor said "I have checked your account for you and can see there is no indication that you switched in using this service, but rather [just] began to use an account that has been open for a long while. To this effect, you are not eligible and this is the reason you have not received the funds."

Then in response to me pointing out that my account showed the funds landing on 26th Feb "I'm sorry for any misunderstanding but we can only check a screen to see if a switch has been completed. If this shows as a no, we are unable to investigate any further. However, based on the fact that you may have completed the switch you may wish to raise a complaint so that this can be looked into by one of our experts who have the facility to investigate exactly what has gone wrong."

As background, I called the NatWest switching team around 10th Feb to switch and they pointed me to an online form and I filled that in, giving the usual switching details including the debit card number from the donor account.
    Last edited by Wednesday100; 16-04-2018 at 1:58 PM.
    • gingercordial
    • By gingercordial 16th Apr 18, 2:06 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    gingercordial
    I sent a message using the app and the advisor came back to me and said I was not eligible because I did not switch an account. I wonder if any other forum members switching to an existing account are not being credited because NatWest systems are not recognising a switch as a switch?

I went back to them and pointed out that my NatWest account showed the funds from my Lloyds account landing on 26th February. I also have the closing statement from Lloyds that shows my account payment going out on the 26th and the Lloyds account closed in 27th.

The advisor said "I have checked your account for you and can see there is no indication that you switched in using this service, but rather [just] began to use an account that has been open for a long while. To this effect, you are not eligible and this is the reason you have not received the funds."

Then in response to me pointing out that my account showed the funds landing on 26th Feb "I'm sorry for any misunderstanding but we can only check a screen to see if a switch has been completed. If this shows as a no, we are unable to investigate any further. However, based on the fact that you may have completed the switch you may wish to raise a complaint so that this can be looked into by one of our experts who have the facility to investigate exactly what has gone wrong."

As background, I called the NatWest switching team around 10th Feb to switch and they pointed me to an online form and I filled that in, giving the usual switching details including the debit card number from the donor account.
    Originally posted by Wednesday100
    Do you still have any of the letters and/or texts they sent for the progress of the switch? For example I have texts from them during the process saying "Thanks for switching to us. We're working with your old bank...", "Your switch is progressing..." and "Good news, your switch is complete..." I'm pretty sure (I'm at work so can't check) there were letters too. Enough evidence anyway to prove a real switch took place if they maintain that (ridiculous!) position for you or any of the rest of us.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 16th Apr 18, 2:14 PM
    • 1,038 Posts
    • 722 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    Complain and ask for compensation.
    Originally posted by Mchambers

Bore off, you really are annoying me!
    • Wednesday100
    • By Wednesday100 16th Apr 18, 2:15 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Wednesday100
    Unfortunately, I've deleted the texts, but have just found a NatWest e-mail - so an open and shut case! This is the first time going through multiple switches that the bank has failed to recognise the switch. I wrongly thought the switching process was bombproof by now.

I had been toying with upgrading to a NatWest reward account and actually using it for paying bills, but not now.

I've submitted an e-mail complaint.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 16th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    • 12,051 Posts
    • 8,194 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    Well, I telephoned them and amazingly spoke to someone almost immediately. He said that they will be sending out an email explaining that there has been a delay and they are working on it: he hopes that the email will be sent by the end of the week!

Words fail me!
    • blindman
    • By blindman 16th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 5,120 Posts
    • 4,153 Thanks
    blindman
    Bore off, you really are annoying me!
    Originally posted by wizzywig27
    Mark his posts as SPAM

I do
    • older_wiser
    • By older_wiser 16th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 3,645 Thanks
    older_wiser
    I have also logged an online complaint as I would rather not spend all afternoon on hold... We will see.

For those who can't find it, the online complaints form is at the bottom of this page - it is not part of online banking.

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/support-centre/how-to-complain.html
    Originally posted by gingercordial
    thanks for the link after waiting for natwest to get in touch i realised that wasn't going to happen any time soon if at all i've logged my complaint and waiting to hear back. thanks again for the link.
    • older_wiser
    • By older_wiser 16th Apr 18, 2:36 PM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 3,645 Thanks
    older_wiser
    Well, I telephoned them and amazingly spoke to someone almost immediately. He said that they will be sending out an email explaining that there has been a delay and they are working on it: he hopes that the email will be sent by the end of the week!

Words fail me!
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    the fact they think it should take them a week to tell their customers about an error is beyond laughable and will they ? my hunch is if you don't complain they won't do anything hoping you'll forget your due a switching bonus.
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 16th Apr 18, 2:37 PM
    • 1,992 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    Herbalus
    Complaints team have given me the date of 27th also.

Appalling.
    • ricroc
    • By ricroc 16th Apr 18, 3:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ricroc
    I logged a complaint online, just got a phone call back. They have gave me £30 compensation immediately (which Iíve received) and have said I will receive the £125 by the 27th April.

She then asked if I was happy for her to close the complaint. Which I agreed.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 16th Apr 18, 3:24 PM
    • 6,826 Posts
    • 7,079 Thanks
    eskbanker
    I logged a complaint online, just got a phone call back. They have gave me £30 compensation immediately (which Iíve received) and have said I will receive the £125 by the 27th April.

She then asked if I was happy for her to close the complaint. Which I agreed.
    Originally posted by ricroc
    Looks like the £30 will become the de facto benchmark for the many in a similar situation on here then, although personally I wouldn't have agreed to close the complaint until the £125 had actually been paid, rather than it being promised for the end of next week....
    • gazapc
    • By gazapc 16th Apr 18, 3:42 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    gazapc
    Existing customer (and the account is actually my genuine main bank account) - still not paid.

Have just raised a complaint via the online form.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,501Posts Today

7,651Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: Our money-saving expert @MartinSLewis explains why he's had enough of the scams trying to trick victims using his name and?

• Today's twitter poll: have you ever seen a ghost?

• RT @JohnnyMercerUK: Another important day ahead in achieving parity of esteem between mental and physical health: the breathing space schem?

• Follow Martin