Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 95
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 14th Apr 18, 12:32 PM
    • 6,145 Posts
    • 16,153 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Yeah, you'd have thought they'd have a dedicated team for each task, eh. Apparently it was Carol's week off and they couldn't get anyone to cover on the switchboard.
    Originally posted by mapk
    It's not unknown for large organisations that do phone customer service in-house to have procedures in place to draft other staff in during periods of high call volumes... its not like taking a customer service call needs much more than having a phone and (optionally a computer). One organisation I worked for would even get the Directors answering calls if the need arose.

So it is plausible that the staff in the team dealing with the switching bonus may well find themselves taking calls from people asking whether it was Friday the 13th yet.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 14th Apr 18, 12:33 PM
    • 4,037 Posts
    • 5,611 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Yeah, you'd have thought they'd have a dedicated team for each task, eh. Apparently it was Carol's week off and they couldn't get anyone to cover on the switchboard.
    Originally posted by mapk
    If they really have been doing this manually and working from spreadsheets, then if Chris in the call centre kept phoning Pat on the switching team to see if the caller was on the list waiting to be processed, then it would have slowed down the processing, even if Pat didn't take the call.

• NJA22
    • By NJA22 14th Apr 18, 12:36 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    NJA22
    Well, having told I had not met the criteria yesterday evening. I spoke to someone in the current accounts department who went through the criteria and told me I should be eligible for the switching bonus and that a case handler will call me in 5 working days.
    Love the consistency...
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 14th Apr 18, 12:38 PM
    • 4,037 Posts
    • 5,611 Thanks
    Nick_C
    One organisation I worked for would even get the Directors answering calls if the need arose.
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    That takes me back. An organisation I was working from many years ago was in trouble, and we were all working seven days a week to try to clear a backlog. Our Director came in and we got him folding letters and stuffing envelopes. I think it was all we trusted him to do!

We stopped answering the phones completely for a while. It was counter-productive. Far better to have staff dealing with the problem than just talking to customers.
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 14th Apr 18, 1:23 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    Just had a read through NatWest Twitter... Some replies from NatWest advise the payment of 125 will be made today other replies say its still being investigated.

What a shambles!!!

***** That Tweet about it being paid today has now been removed..
    Last edited by matrix999; 14-04-2018 at 1:30 PM. Reason: Updated info...
    • MDMD
    • By MDMD 14th Apr 18, 1:37 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    MDMD
    Just had a read through NatWest Twitter... Some replies from NatWest advise the payment of 125 will be made today other replies say its still being investigated.

What a shambles!!!

***** That Tweet about it being paid today has now been removed..
    Originally posted by matrix999
    https://mobile.twitter.com/NatWest_Help/status/985131519491665920

This is an example of the shambles - when someone tweeted them to ask where the money is, the reply was sorry that our app is not working

They are not helping themselves by posting:

We have no timescale at the moment but once we receive correspondence from the investigating team we will notify customers that have contacted us and update them regarding the credit.
    This is implying that if you do not chase you do not get, thereby potentially increasing the amount of contact they are getting!
    Last edited by MDMD; 14-04-2018 at 1:44 PM.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 14th Apr 18, 2:03 PM
    • 6,145 Posts
    • 16,153 Thanks
    EachPenny
    This is an example of the shambles - when someone tweeted them to ask where the money is, the reply was sorry that our app is not working
    Originally posted by MDMD
    They actually said:- "We're aware of some issues on our mobile app service and are working hard to fix them."

I think what they mean is that there was an issue with people who used the app (rather than online banking) to access their account to meet that criteria for getting the payment.

You either had to log on to online banking or mobile banking... it sounds like some people who logged in to mobile banking (only) might not have had that fact recognised by the bonus eligibility checking process.
    • knack92
    • By knack92 14th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 445 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    knack92
    They actually said:- "We're aware of some issues on our mobile app service and are working hard to fix them."

I think what they mean is that there was an issue with people who used the app (rather than online banking) to access their account to meet that criteria for getting the payment.

You either had to log on to online banking or mobile banking... it sounds like some people who logged in to mobile banking (only) might not have had that fact recognised by the bonus eligibility checking process.
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    I think they just replied to the wrong tweet. There was issues with the app for a couple of hours last night:

Sorry if you had trouble getting into Mobile Banking between 19:15 - 21:15. Our service is now running as normal, thanks for your patience.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 14th Apr 18, 3:27 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    It is not just the mobile app. They have had loads of problem with giving the bonus to people for online banking. My dad did not get his bonus.

He has raised a complaint and I expect him to get compensation.

He will be leaving as soon as he gets the bonus,.
    • older_wiser
    • By older_wiser 14th Apr 18, 3:34 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 3,648 Thanks
    older_wiser
    Absolute nonsense. People were calling NatWest before the deadline had been reached, wasting their time, clogging up the phone lines, and possibly slowing down the processing of the outstanding payments as well.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    you say nonsense but if people had made enquiries regarding the switch it might have led natwest to realise they weren't going to make the deadline of friday. i haven't even contacted them yet i'll do so on monday but i stand by my comment that the naysayers helped natwest cause this problem as they were advising people not to make contact something that now most sensible people would realise was a mistake.
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 14th Apr 18, 3:38 PM
    • 4,514 Posts
    • 15,049 Thanks
    Westie983
    It is not just the mobile app. They have had loads of problem with giving the bonus to people for online banking. My dad did not get his bonus.

He has raised a complaint and I expect him to get compensation.

He will be leaving as soon as he gets the bonus,.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    Maybe worth sharing the three or so incentives you have been paid!! unless this is an exaggeration just like getting the incentive weeks before anyone else.

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2018 #10 Total (25,000)+13,000/12,000 = 108.33%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11 #97 Total (410) + 40/500 = 8.00% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2018 1 a Day #2 Total 62.59/365 = 17.14%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total 1200/1000 = 120.00%
    2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (1500)+-470/2000 = 51.50%

Total 15,332.59/15,865 = 96.64%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 14th Apr 18, 3:55 PM
    • 3,602 Posts
    • 1,884 Thanks
    MABLE
    The ramblings of Mchambers!
    • Sidshorty
    • By Sidshorty 14th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sidshorty
    I have been paid my 125 four times.They have not taken it back yet and I am saying nowt.
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 14th Apr 18, 4:17 PM
    • 686 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    18cc
    I have been paid my 125 four times.They have not taken it back yet and I am saying nowt.
    Originally posted by Sidshorty

Would love to see a screen shot of that - would be a star post amongst lots of star posts in this forum!
    • wanderlust23
    • By wanderlust23 14th Apr 18, 4:26 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    wanderlust23
    Spoke to a Natwest adviser via chat and was told to wait until Monday as they have been experiencing 'technological issues'
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 14th Apr 18, 4:26 PM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 1,903 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Cue Natwest analysts running a simple query to identify the scope of anyone who has had > 1 inventive.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 14th Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    I rest my case veryintrigued
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 14th Apr 18, 4:45 PM
    • 2,524 Posts
    • 2,464 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    so the bank has made a complete mess of this switching deal the people who said we should wait until the end of friday were proven wrong if people had contacted them earlier the delays might well not have happend.

The lesson to take from this shambles is don't listen to the naysayers if you feel as though you should contact the bank do it some people are too trusting and accept everything a bank tells you as this shambolic switching deal has proven thats not the case.
    Originally posted by older_wiser
    No, you are misrepresenting what was said. We said that you had no complaint until after the deadline passed, and that you were just wasting your time before that. You can't complain about something that you think is going to happen, only something that has happened!
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 14th Apr 18, 4:45 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Spoke to a Natwest adviser via chat and was told to wait until Monday as they have been experiencing 'technological issues'
    Originally posted by wanderlust23
    I rest my case again veryintrigued.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 14th Apr 18, 4:46 PM
    • 6,145 Posts
    • 16,153 Thanks
    EachPenny
    you say nonsense but if people had made enquiries regarding the switch it might have led natwest to realise they weren't going to make the deadline of friday. i haven't even contacted them yet i'll do so on monday but i stand by my comment that the naysayers helped natwest cause this problem as they were advising people not to make contact something that now most sensible people would realise was a mistake.
    Originally posted by older_wiser
    In what scenario is it 'sensible' to complain to a bank that its payment is late before it is actually due, and prompt them to make a payment before it is late - thus depriving yourself of an additional 25+

You are repeatedly using the word "naysayers" about people who stated a fact:- the payment was not 'late' until midnight last night.

Can you not understand these 'naysayers' were trying to assist people a) avoid wasting their time and b) to acheive something better than having their payment boringly made on time. It seems like some people just don't want to be helped.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

485Posts Today

5,583Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin